Lost and looking for advice for IPTV and TV

I hope you're all doing well.

I'll put it bluntly, i'm pretty new to this and i'm lost.

My TV packed out on me, it won't turn on after trying every Google remedy to fix it.

So here I am, after a couple of weeks of research i've practically decided to buy the LG G3. Now that I'm thinking of buying such a TV, i'm looking at my IPTV and realising that I won't be getting the most from it and i've now started to seek knowledge on the best IPTV set up and quite frankly, I have no idea where to begin and what to trust which has led me here.

My current IPTV set up is the Formula Z8 Pro, running IPTV with a recommendation from my uncle. I have no idea provider is but I just don't like it and I think it will be a waste on the G3.

I want to find the best IPTV, provider and service to maximise the G3.

The IPTV will be largely be used for live sports, PPV events and the occasional TV programmes. The issues with my current set up is that it lags a lot, loses connection. won't load IPTV, time and date will be wrong, quality isn't great and interface feels slow.

This has probably been a scatter post, I'd just really appreciate some solid advice on the best IPTV box to use, service and provider.

Thank you!

There are providers out there at the moment who provide UHD sport channels including Sly. My provider has a solid UHD channel. Unfortunately I can’t share who my provider is but if you request it in the IPTV request thread I’m sure you’ll get a trial from a few people in your inbox. Good luck!

There are providers out there at the moment who provide UHD sport channels including Sly. My provider has a solid UHD channel. Unfortunately I can’t share who my provider is but if you request it in the IPTV request thread I’m sure you’ll get a trial from a few people in your inbox. Good luck!
Thank you. Do you mind sharing what your setup is? What box your using, what provider? Those might not be the right terms, but essentially do you use Nvidia Shield Pro, with Tivimate?

Forum rules don’t allow us to share who our provider is. Certainly wouldn’t make sense to share it on a public forum. But I can help with the equipment side of things.

I use a Formuler Z11 Pro Max using the built in MyTVOnline3 app. Currently running 900mbps down and 900mbps up so fortunate on the speed front. VPN is Surfshark. There’s so much info on here, certainly enough to get you started in the world of IPTV. I’ve not been here long but everyone on here has been excellent with any help needed. Just have to ask

Forum rules don’t allow us to share who our provider is. Certainly wouldn’t make sense to share it on a public forum. But I can help with the equipment side of things.

I use a Formuler Z11 Pro Max using the built in MyTVOnline3 app. Currently running 900mbps down and 900mbps up so fortunate on the speed front. VPN is Surfshark. There’s so much info on here, certainly enough to get you started in the world of IPTV. I’ve not been here long but everyone on here has been excellent with any help needed. Just have to ask
I appreciate the help a lot, thank you. It's my first day here so i'm just trying to get to grips with how to use the website. I'm still trying to figure out how to find the IPTV request thread that you mentioned so I can post on there ahaha.

Y
Thank you. Do you mind sharing what your setup is? What box you’re using, what provider? Those might not be the right terms, but essentially do you use Nvidia Shield Pro, with Tivimate?
You have a formula box and know how to use so you could upgrade to a newer model.
Also great TV choice by the way.
When you request a service try take as many trials as you can.
Do one at time and look through the channels you will mainly be viewing.
If they have UHD channel section have a look and see what the quality is like.
But mainly focus on the FHD channels and look at the quality.
You really want 1080p 50hz.
This ideal for viewing sports.
Try suppliers that are longer term members.
If you find a service you like take a month sub and see how it goes.
Good luck.

Y

You have a formula box and know how to use so you could upgrade to a newer model.
Also great TV choice by the way.
When you request a service try take as many trials as you can.
Do one at time and look through the channels you will mainly be viewing.
If they have UHD channel section have a look and see what the quality is like.
But mainly focus on the FHD channels and look at the quality.
You really want 1080p 50hz.
This ideal for viewing sports.
Try suppliers that are longer term members.
If you find a service you like take a month sub and see how it goes.
Good luck.
Thank you so much for the advice.

I've just posted in the IPTV request thread, lets see what trials people can offer.

In terms of an IPTV box, what would you get if you could pick any box right now? Everything that I'm reading keeps pointing to the Nvidia Shield Pro. Would you agree?

Thank you so much for the advice.

I've just posted in the IPTV request thread, lets see what trials people can offer.

In terms of an IPTV box, what would you get if you could pick any box right now? Everything that I'm reading keeps pointing to the Nvidia Shield Pro. Would you agree?
I am not a fan of Android TV operating system so it’s not on my to buy list.
I use an Ugoos AM8 and don’t just use IPTV and I have a bit more freedom with mobile Android os.
The formula Z11 pro will run IPTV no problem.
I think a few members on here will agree with that also.
I think @p4nds will agree or he wouldn’t have one.

I hope you're all doing well.

I'll put it bluntly, i'm pretty new to this and i'm lost.

My TV packed out on me, it won't turn on after trying every Google remedy to fix it.

So here I am, after a couple of weeks of research i've practically decided to buy the LG G3. Now that I'm thinking of buying such a TV, i'm looking at my IPTV and realising that I won't be getting the most from it and i've now started to seek knowledge on the best IPTV set up and quite frankly, I have no idea where to begin and what to trust which has led me here.

My current IPTV set up is the Formula Z8 Pro, running IPTV with a recommendation from my uncle. I have no idea provider is but I just don't like it and I think it will be a waste on the G3.

I want to find the best IPTV, provider and service to maximise the G3.

The IPTV will be largely be used for live sports, PPV events and the occasional TV programmes. The issues with my current set up is that it lags a lot, loses connection. won't load IPTV, time and date will be wrong, quality isn't great and interface feels slow.

This has probably been a scatter post, I'd just really appreciate some solid advice on the best IPTV box to use, service and provider.

Thank you!
If you want to maximise the LG Oled G3 then use the Iptv app’s supported in the LG store rather than using a second device connected to your new TV when you put a request in the iptv thread make sure you say what device u want it on which is your new tv and you will get few inbox from a iptv provider and they will tell you which iptv app to install on your TV.

Last edited:
If you want to maximise the LG Oled G3 then use the Iptv app’s supported in the LG store rather than using a second device connected to your new TV when you put a request in the iptv thread make sure you say what device u want it on which is your new tv and you will get few inbox from a iptv provider and they will tell you which iptv app to install on your TV.
I didn't even realise this was an option? So I don't actually have to buy the Shield Pro or Formula z11!? Sorry to bother you with questions, but do you know what apps are available on the LG G3 for IPTV? For example, do you know if Tivimate premium is available to download on the G3?

If you want to maximise the LG Oled G3 then use the Iptv app’s rather than using a second device connected to your new TV when you put a request in the iptv thread make sure you say what device u want it on which is your new tv and you will get few inbox from a iptv provider and they will tell you which iptv app to install on your TV.
I haven’t personally ever run iptv on a tv.
In your experience how well does it run on LG webOS and does the tv have ample ram to maybe cope with some UHD channels if needed?
What are the benefits over a dedicated device?

I didn't even realise this was an option? So I don't actually have to buy the Shield Pro or Formula z11!? Sorry to bother you with questions, but do you know what apps are available on the LG G3 for IPTV? For example, do you know if Tivimate premium is available to download on the G3?
The best apps I have used for IPTV are Tivimate, MyTVOnline and iMPlayer.
I haven’t used any of the apps on a LG TV for IPTV but I do own one.
I suppose you can test them for yourself and see if they suit your needs before thinking about buying a dedicated device.
None of the apps I mentioned are available for LG TV

Last edited:
The best apps I have used for IPTV are Tivimate, MyTVOnline and iMPlayer.
I haven’t used any of the apps on a LG TV for IPTV but I do own one.
I suppose you can test them for yourself and see if they suit your needs before thinking about buying a dedicated device.
I'm going to have to wait to do this. I ordered the TV today so i'm waiting for it to be delivered. I'm not even sure if you can download any of those apps on the TV ahaha.

I'm going to have to wait to do this. I ordered the TV today so i'm waiting for it to be delivered. I'm not even sure if you can download any of those apps on the TV ahaha.
Sorry, none of the apps I mentioned are available for LG TVs.
I personally wouldn’t run IPTV on my TV, but everyone’s different I suppose.
You can just Google IPTV apps for LG TV and it will give you the list of them.
Not sure if they will be as good as the ones I mentioned in my previous post.
Hopefully member on here with some experience of using LG IPTV apps might give you some pointers and advice.
There is no rush yet, as you haven’t got the TV.
I wouldn’t imagine you want to do any trials just at the moment.

Sorry, none of the apps I mentioned are available for LG TVs.
I personally wouldn’t run IPTV on my TV, but everyone’s different I suppose.
You can just Google IPTV apps for LG TV and it will give you the list of them.
Not sure if they will be as good as the ones I mentioned in my previous post.
Hopefully member on here with some experience of using LG IPTV apps might give you some pointers and advice.
There is no rush yet, as you haven’t got the TV.
I wouldn’t imagine you want to do any trials just at the moment.
I agree with you, from everything that i'm reading online suggest to get an IPTV box and then download the app.

I agree with you, from everything that i'm reading online suggest to get an IPTV box and then download the app.
That’s what I personally like to do, but as I say, I have had no experience of running IPTV on a TV so I’m not sure how well it will run.
If you buy a half decent device, IPTV should run well on it.
I think one of the mods called @ferret has mentioned he likes the Formula devices and also the Buzz TV devices.
Maybe he can give you some pointers and advice on a device.

No you don’t need to buy a box to watch. LG supports them iptv apps and they will be available in the App Store to download if you go in the App Store and search for iptv plenty of apps will load I use ibo pro player & the iptv smarters player app on my TV, Tivimate isn’t available LG don’t support that app but they got plenty of other apps u will like to use.

I haven’t personally ever run iptv on a tv.
In your experience how well does it run on LG webOS and does the tv have ample ram to maybe cope with some UHD channels if needed?
What are the benefits over a dedicated device?
Runs pretty good and the picture quality is crisp on FHD channels, yes it does have ram but my provider doesn’t have uhd channels so I can’t check think picture and sound comes out more better than a firestick or box connected that’s the benefits u should try it if you got a oled TV.

Always best to have a dedicated box to run IPTV and z11 pro max you can't go wrong with it. With that TV if you find a good UHD or FHD 50 ghz you will be happy.

A lot of knowledgeable people around to help you with it and in return don't ask stupid questions or be rude then you will be fine.

Good luck in your new adventure

Back