Lost BBC and ITV

Ok so why would it not recognise them they were never brilliant with my other line from here would freeze and go off but now they will not clear at all so any ideas would be good to try

You are saying a scan does not find them and you are saying line does not decrypt the channel? The two statements cannot be correct.

When Virgin checked cabling and power levels, did you remove the unofficial equipment?

Sorry scan finds the channels and populates them in abm and yes my box was completly removed while they were in the house the 2 times they have been

ABM does not scan, it reads the tables. Completely different process. I would suggest you stop using ABM until your issue is resolved. Cable frequencies don't change that often anyway.

Remove all cable services, Up( next to oK), green, highlight cable, menu, remove services, confirm.

Do not delete ABM bouquets.
In tuner configuration, set your Virgin system if you know it. Do not use all regions unless you don't know. Others will advise opposite. Choice is yours.( I've been updating the file for a number of years so bear in mind when deciding)

Restart, then scan using function in Enigma2.

I would be tempted to try another box if possible just to rule out tuner issues etc also where the rf plug goes into your box make sure its a tight fit on the pins etc and you could try a different screw on rf adapter

I don't know what image you are using.

The manual scan option is in "Reception" menu in OpenATV, "Tuners and scanning " in ViX/PLi, "Service Searching" in others. Make sure you select complete.

00004 is a Pure area.

As I understand it - The Public service broadcasters in SD are unencrypted, in HD they are encrypted. All HD England regions use the same decryption key, so any card will decode them. The non-England regions do use different keys, so an England card doesn't open them

As I understand it - The Public service broadcasters in SD are unencrypted, in HD they are encrypted. All HD England regions use the same decryption key, so any card will decode them. The non-England regions do use different keys, so an England card doesn't open them
that's not the case, my provider has users in scotland, wales and NI as well and england and they all get the regional channels. The issue is more likely to be bad cache server

I tried 3 tests for cable only last week, looking for 5 lines 1 for me and 4 others, 2 of the tests didnt have my local stations bbc1 n-i, hd, utv hd, the other one had got them but the line glitched on the channels plus some of thepremium channels playing up a good bit, these tests were from this site, I ended up getting a line for all of us from another site, which I didnt want to do, but there does not seem to be as many providers on here responding to line requests as there once was, the lines that we ended up with were ok, all channels working without glitching. Our original provider who was very good packed up for good this month because he moved away, upshot is it seems to be getting harder to get a decent cable line on here nowadays.

that's not the case, my provider has users in scotland, wales and NI as well and england and they all get the regional channels. The issue is more likely to be bad cache server

So you have tested an England card without any cache to see if it decodes non-England channels?

You go on to blame bad cache which supports what I believe is the case with England cards only opening England regions.

So you have tested an England card without any cache to see if it decodes non-England channels?

You go on to blame bad cache which supports what I believe is the case with England cards only opening England regions.
I know of users in scotland, wales and NI all using my provider who has just local cards and doesn't rely on other servers, and they all clear.

I'm blaming cache servers, yes, there is no other reason why it wouldnt clear

remember there is ONLY ONE BBC 1 HD in england, there are no regional bbc hd channels in england

Last edited:
I know of users in scotland, wales and NI all using my provider who has just local cards and doesn't rely on other servers, and they all clear.

I'm blaming cache servers, yes, there is no other reason why it wouldnt clear

remember there is ONLY ONE BBC 1 HD in england, there are no regional bbc hd channels in england

Again, that doesn't make sense, if the keys are on the local card, then cache has nothing to do with it. I am aware there is only one BBC 1 HD region in England, again, nothing to do with it. Are you 100% sure that your server doesn't use cache exchange, that would be extremely unlikely.

I know of a test of an English card not opening STV HD, I don't know about UTV HD or BBC Scotland

Back