Lost More Channels

wesd84

I know about the sports channels being dark and a few others. However, today my box and 3 friends have all lost BBC 1 HD, ITV HD, E4.

Tried to delete and update ABM (currently running 3.1) thinking it was since VM changed the channel numbers. However, that now says it is unable to tune tuner B (VU Solo V2 SE), last time that happened, I had to update ABM. However, I don't think there is a later one than 3.1.

Currently doing a manual scan. Running OpenATV 6.2, WooshBuild Infinity.

Anyone else got the same/similar issue's?

ABM 3.1 is the latest version, the channels are working fine, i have a box set up on OpenAtv 6.2 with Wooshbuild and all is fine.
See what your scan returns. It may be location related.

2018-12-11 21_53_23-Vu+ Solo SE - OpenWebif.png Manual scan completed and some now work and others don't for example. (Green is fine, Red doesn't) Oh and the SHS is an IPTV sub I have also

Just removed ABM and reinstalled, tried to do another scan and still receive the failed to tune Virgin UK on tuner B error
2018-12-11 22_09_18-Vu+ Solo SE - OpenWebif.png

Panic over. I had to change ABM symbol_rate from "6887000" to "6952000" and modulation to 5. Now ABM completes and all channels working again.

Last edited:
Make a note you have moved as many swear blind they have not,good find and for reporting back the fix to help others.

Bloody hell not another OpenATV, I've lost my channels and got a problem with ABM maker thread !!!!

You have got a VU box, use OpenVix for Gods Sake Man !!! :grin::grin::grin::grin:
Does VIX not use ABM? so surely the issue will be the same.

Does VIX not use ABM? so surely the issue will be the same.

Haven't had ABM problems and all my channels are still there when it Auto scans during the night.

ABM is already loaded as part of the image so I can only assume it auto updates if there is such a thing.

From what I can remember when using ATV you need to load the ABM.ipk file into the image as you set up so maybe that's where the problem lies.

Last time I updated the Vix image was when everyone had the Audio description problem, nothing has been touched since.

Might have had a few hiccups with changes and abm throwing up issues,just look at the kv thread with tps lost.

ABM is available as a downloadable plugin rather than pre installed as it is on VIX but's that's the only difference I can see, in ATV if people run software update regularly then ABM would be updated.

When did you last flash your box with vix? what version of ABM is installed?

I've not had any issues with ABM for a long time on ATV, I just keep it up to date

Yeah seen some KV threads, don't know what's going on there to be honest it's that long since I had one.

Just been reading loads of threads lately with ABM or lost channel problems and they are all using ATV images.

Unless some Vix users would like to chip in ??

When did you last flash your box with vix? what version of ABM is installed?

Vix 5.1.27 installed in May, Don't know how to find the version of ABM any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator:
ABM version in AutoBouquetsMaker, about.

Users on vix have had the same issues too as VM are messing around with tuning details per network id and ABM needs to update them per area, maybe your area hasn't been affected yet but others have. Regardless of being on vix or ATV if you're area has changed frequencies ABM needs to update them and add to update providers/config files as per this post http://www.techkings.org/threads/failed-to-tune-abm.144448/page-4#post-913217

Back