Mag 254 overheating

mickzer

As the title says my Mag 254 has just started showing "Your device is overheating" every 5 minutes. Is it on the way out? Only about a year old and not near any other box or anything else that generates heat.
TIA.

No sign of any dust (really surprising) or any plastic covering.Was working really well (They're a great little box) and this just started.I look at a lot of tv so maybe it's a way of telling me to cut down a bit :)
I don't turn it off at night, so I must remember to do that. Probably should , anyway.
Thanks for reply.
Edit: Are there any reports of these boxes going on fire if left on at night? Starting to worry now!!!

Last edited:
No sign of any dust (really surprising) or any plastic covering.Was working really well (They're a great little box) and this just started.I look at a lot of tv so maybe it's a way of telling me to cut down a bit :)
I don't turn it off at night, so I must remember to do that. Probably should , anyway.
Thanks for reply.
my mag 250 is on
Edit: Are there any reports of these boxes going on fire if left on at night? Starting to worry now!!!
my mag 250 is left on at night and it is 5 years old m8

If your 254 is getting warm
Try a laptop cooling pad.

work well, used to be able to pick them up from the pound shops , otherwise ebay.

the old dreamboxes used to run hot but had an internal usb port, i used to take the cover off and glue a usb fan to the inside of the cover and plug it in before reassembling.

Thanks for the helpful replies. I left it off last night and it seems to be OK today.
If it comes back I'll try some of your suggestions.
Thanks again.

Ok have you ever updated the software on the mag box?
Can you borrow another power lead from your friends just to see if still the same?
Also try another adapter plug if you have the 2 pin plug.

I've updated the software to the latest. I'll try borrowing another adapter plug (it's the 3-pin).Hasn't happened today yet....maybe I'm worrying over nothing.

Has it been happening often mate or just now and then?
Also has it done this when it has been on a long time?

Has it been happening often mate or just now and then?
Just started last night!
Also has it done this when it has been on a long time?
It was on for about 10 hours viewing time but it was plugged in for weeks...I never turned it off at the plug.

Back