Mag Box & Sky Q

dfarmer

Hi,

I've recently installed IPTV using a MAG 322 box. I also have Sky Q with a few Sky Q mini boxes. It seems that when I watch any channels on the MAG Box all the Sky Q mini boxes lose connection back to the main Sky Q box, if I turn off the MAG box, the Sky Q mini boxes reconnect to the main Sky Q box. Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks In Advance

Cat5 or Cat5e?

Are the sky q minis connected to your router’s wifi network, or to the mesh network made by the main sky q box?

Can you connect the minis via Ethernet? Everyone I know who has used WiFi has always had issues.

Turn the mesh network on the main sky q box and re-pair the mini boxes.

If that doesn’t work, powerline adapters are worth considering.

How many minis do you have by the way?

Reset the mini box, and then when the onscreen options come to activate the mini box, follow the instructions and use the WPS button on both boxes.

apologies, that is how the mini's are connected. The Main Sky Q box is connected to the BT Wifi for initernet connection.

I was forever having issues with the mini box losing the connection to the sky Q box when they were connected over wifi so connected both boxes with Ethernet cable’s and no dropouts since doing that.

which ones would you recommend? Should I get 4 the same to all link together?

I already have one set in the house to connect my TV to the router.

Back