mgcam

I'm not keeping going over the same instructions again and again, if Terminal isn,t showing in webif, it means the box isnt on the same network as the laptop. I talked an eighty year old grandma through this last week and it took her an hour to get infinity installed, you dont own the only box in the universe that cant use infinity, 1000's of people install it every week
My box is connected the the router and my laptop to the Wi-Fi. They are most definitely both connected to the same network, the only network I have in my house. I do apologise for causing you guys so much distress but even though I've made some silly mistakes trying to get this flashed, I'm definitely connected to to the same network. Thanks again for your help

Get the IP address of your receiver:
MENU > INFORMATION > NETWORK
Download putty and install the script that way.

Let's everybody take a deep breath, some take longer because they don't actually do ALL the instructions, There is something going on if you have a 6.2 flashed onto the box, and when you then get onto the laptop/PC, open openwebif and terminal is not there.

How about you do a full backup of your current box, and put it onto the new box? ( I think I read they are the same boxes)

Let's everybody take a deep breath, some take longer because they don't actually do ALL the instructions, There is something going on if you have a 6.2 flashed onto the box, and when you then get onto the laptop/PC, open openwebif and terminal is not there.

How about you do a full backup of your current box, and put it onto the new box? ( I think I read they are the same boxes)

I apologise if my earlier post was a bit abrasive.
@Popesuperb you said in a post last night, you 'presumed' openatv 6.2 was flashed
I think this is your problem, you can't assume anything, the box could be only partially flashed with a corrupted download
If you are indeed on the same network, (box and laptop/PC) AND you have a fully functional openatv 6.2 on the box, there is no way you can't access 'Terminal', which means either it's not flashed or the network is not connecting box and laptop together

Download a new openatv6.2 download (not the one from last week)
put it on a freshly formatted stick
flash as normal
then follow infinity installation instructions to open webif and use Terminal in the normal way

I apologise if my earlier post was a bit abrasive.
@Popesuperb you said in a post last night, you 'presumed' openatv 6.2 was flashed
I think this is your problem, you can't assume anything, the box could be only partially flashed with a corrupted download
If you are indeed on the same network, (box and laptop/PC) AND you have a fully functional openatv 6.2 on the box, there is no way you can't access 'Terminal', which means either it's not flashed or the network is not connecting box and laptop together

Download a new openatv6.2 download (not the one from last week)
put it on a freshly formatted stick
flash as normal
then follow infinity installation instructions to open webif and use Terminal in the normal way
it he has an atv flashed he should be able to flash online so no need to mess with a usb stick.

Back