Microsoft announces October 22nd launch for Windows 7

i hope they sort out a fix for the error 651....its driving me nuts.

I thought you fixed that using the raspppoe.sys file?

That sorted it for me.

-

I downloaded as you said G but to be honest i kinda got lost after that,as i didnt know exactly what to do with the file so if you see me constantly being logged out of TKs thats why LOL

I downloaded as you said G but to be honest i kinda got lost after that,as i didnt know exactly what to do with the file so if you see me constantly being logged out of TKs thats why LOL

And here was me thinking you didn't pay your Broadband bill LOL!.

All you do moh is copy the downloaded file to the following location

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

It will ask you if you want to replace the existing one

Agree & let it copy, then restart the machine.

Microsoft are very aware of this issue & were working on it, so I'd say it will be nailed for the public release.

-

I'm expecting this to be a more stable release than the previous OS that was buggier than a summer picnic.

Though i finally got used to Vista, it took a lot of research, tweaking, and trial and error. I'm hoping that the official release will be everything i was hoping for with Vista.

And here was me thinking you didn't pay your Broadband bill LOL!.

All you do moh is copy the downloaded file to the following location

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

It will ask you if you want to replace the existing one

Agree & let it copy, then restart the machine.

Microsoft are very aware of this issue & were working on it, so I'd say it will be nailed for the public release.

-

G did all of the above but did you mention before that im to rename the file to something else ?

i was looking at it in pc shop he told me he was very impressed with it very quick and stable and support unlike vista this time the shouting was addressed lol,he said it is going to be popular.

G did all of the above but did you mention before that im to rename the file to something else ?

When you copy the file to the said location It will ask you if you want to replace the existing one. Agree & let it copy, then restart the machine.

You could if you like locate & rename the existing file to something like Origxxxx.xxx & then copy the new one to that location.

-

When you copy the file to the said location It will ask you if you want to replace the existing one. Agree & let it copy, then restart the machine.

You could if you like locate & rename the existing file to something like Origxxxx.xxx & then copy the new one to that location.

-

I have done all that G but still getting error 651,maybe this is over my head or its something else i dont know but i know one thing nearly missed out on an auction on fleabay because of it :bang head: anyway thanks for your help hopefully microsoft will sort a fix sooner rather than later otherwise im going to reinstall xp.

I have done all that G but still getting error 651,maybe this is over my head or its something else i dont know but i know one thing nearly missed out on an auction on fleabay because of it :bang head: anyway thanks for your help hopefully microsoft will sort a fix sooner rather than later otherwise im going to reinstall xp.

Just out of curiosity moh, will you try this?

Right click you network icon in the system tray (beside clock).

Open the Network and Sharing center.

Click on "Change Adapter Settings" (in the left hand pane).

Right click on the "Local Area Connection" and choose "Properties"

Remove the check mark from the IPv6 box and click "OK" (see Pic).

Restart the machine. (It may not fix it but it's worth a try)

ipv6.jpg

-

Have just done that G within a few minutes ill let you know if it worked or not (y)

Didn't work G , once again the error box will pop up and i will have to close it about 3 times then i will have my internet connection back its a right pain in the you know what :bang head:

And believe me i have searched the Webb inside and out for a solution and the raspppoe file is what's suggested as a possible solution as you said but it aint working on this pc for some reason.

And believe me i have searched the Webb inside and out for a solution and the raspppoe file is what's suggested as a possible solution as you said but it aint working on this pc for some reason.

Yep moh, it is annoying.

Microsoft are very well aware of the issue & they can't afford to launch the OS in Oct. without sorting it.

I'll keep an eye & if anything else comes to mind, Ill be back to you.

-

Last edited:
Yep moh, it is annoying.

Microsoft are very well aware of the issue & they can't afford to launch the OS in Nov. without sorting it.

I'll keep an eye & if anything else comes to mind, Ill be back to you.

-

Ok G thanks for all your help on this, so they have till October as you say to sort it so would you recommend that even though when i bought this machine which came with vista that id install xp on it as i heard that manufacturers that are selling new pcs are putting xp on them rather than vista.

Ok G thanks for all your help on this, so they have till October as you say to sort it so would you recommend that even though when i bought this machine which came with vista that id install xp on it as i heard that manufacturers that are selling new pcs are putting xp on them rather than vista.

I'm not sure if I understand what it is you are asking moh?

You bought a new machine with Vista? (Laptop or Desktop?)

If you want to put XP on it? just make sure you can get any awkward drivers if needed for XP. (Especially if it's a Lappy, be very careful).

Of course you could always "Dual Boot" (have both on it if it's a Desktop).

Very few manufactures are shipping units with XP installed & it's not because they don't want to (of course they do) It's because Microsoft won't allow them.

With the odd exception, no machines are being sold with XP now, but what is being sold is the ability to downgrade to XP on systems sold with Vista Business & Ultimate (Not Home). You get the discs to do this as part of the purchase.

-

I'm not sure if I understand what it is you are asking moh?

You bought a new machine with Vista? (Laptop or Desktop?)

If you want to put XP on it? just make sure you can get any awkward drivers if needed for XP. (Especially if it's a Lappy, be very careful).

Of course you could always "Dual Boot" (have both on it if it's a Desktop).

Very few manufactures are shipping units with XP installed & it's not because they don't want to (of course they do) It's because Microsoft won't allow them.

With the odd exception, no machines are being sold with XP now, but what is being sold is the ability to downgrade to XP on systems sold with Vista Business & Ultimate (Not Home). You get the discs to do this as part of the purchase.

-

Its a desktop G, have it about 18 months i guess at this stage id better stick with the windows 7 i could be drawing more hassle on myself and probably more than what its worth considering they (microsoft) have evaluation copies out there which i have and they wont want any bad press pre windows 7 release so they may sort it before then well lets hope so anyway.But i will say i have serious error 651 issues ie the pop up error message box when i log onto ebay but youtube techkings etc i dont i wonder why? :confused:

Last edited:
Back