MMA fans?

I watch WWE and TNA alot [wrestling]. I closely follow Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley, but thats about it.. :)

Both are former WWE Superstars

Indeed they both are former WWE pro wrestlers! (I think Lashley even jumped ship with Angle to TNA?) I think Lashley has an upcoming MMA fight scheduled. I'll prob check it out. Lesnar is set to be back in the cage on New Years Day, I believe. I'm quite a big Lesnar fan. He said he would be UFC HW champ and he did it in only 3 pro fights! Amazing athleticism, shame about his chin!
I stopped watching WWF/E when the Attitude era ended c.2001-2002. I still watched it occassionally after that to see the odd Michaels/Benoit/Jericho match but it it got too bad for me to stomach when guys like Orton, Johnny Nitro, and the "Spirit Squad" started getting more air time than Trips, Michaels, Jericho etc!. TNA I can stomach. It has the potential, IMO, to be a great promtion, just needs management changes. (Is Russo still head writer?) Roode, AJ, and Angle, are maybe the top 3 active pro wrestlers in the U.S. at the moment IMO. Haven't watched it for a while. I'll look out for it this week , see if I can catch up! (Isn't there big Wrestlemania-style PPV normally on around this time of year??)

Yep, I know Lashley has a fight coming up I believe its next month? With the company SharkFights. He has had abit of an unstable MMA career so far, so hopefully things pick up for him.

Triple H was recently the Chief Operating Officer of WWE but was written off that role this week on Monday Night Raw. If you want to discuss WWE there is a WWE Discussions Thread over at the Wrestling section of TechKings.

As for TNA, I believe Russo isn't the writer at the moment, he was recently moved to head of bookings, which I guess isn't good news eh?

Wrestlemania is in April. It was not bad this year, even though HHH failed to end Undertakers defeated streak. Next Wrestlemania the biggest match is The Cena vs The Rock. :)

Back on topic, can't wait for Lashleys fight next month, and not to mention Lesnar. If i remember correctly, wasn't too long ago I read an article where Brock Lesnar said that if the time is right and he feels he can benifit going back to the WWE then he will.

Yes, I read that Lesnar article. I personally really hope he doesn't go back to pro wrestling after working so hard to be taken seriously as an MMA fighter and thus professional athlete. Still, money talks and Lesnar is, evidently, an astute business man. I saw the Undertaker - Lesnar "confrontation" after Lesnar lost to Cain, which I considered pathetic. I lost pretty much all my respect for Taker after he agreed to that that clearly-premeditated "shoot" confrontation.
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear above, I meant isn't it this time of yr when TNA holds its equivalent-to-Wreslemania PPV? (Is it Bound in Glory or something like that?)

Yes, I read that Lesnar article. I personally really hope he doesn't go back to pro wrestling after working so hard to be taken seriously as an MMA fighter and thus professional athlete. Still, money talks and Lesnar is, evidently, an astute business man. I saw the Undertaker - Lesnar "confrontation" after Lesnar lost to Cain, which I considered pathetic. I lost pretty much all my respect for Taker after he agreed to that that clearly-premeditated "shoot" confrontation.
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear above, I meant isn't it this time of yr when TNA holds its equivalent-to-Wreslemania PPV? (Is it Bound in Glory or something like that?)

Ahh, my bad mate.

Ah yes Bound For Glory! I believe that the PPV is on this Sunday. "Hulk Hogan vs Sting" - You might want to check that out. :)

With WWE, WrestleMania is clearly the biggest PPV of the year. For TNA, they just keep saying that so and so PPV this Sunday, dont miss out its the best PPV of this year. Dont know which one is the main one.. lol But most likely it is BFG.

Hogan vs Sting! Wow I remember WCW Starcade 1997! haha. Thanks for letting me know, mate.

It should mean good PPV buy rates for TNA this time. :)

According to the wrestling internet community they would be happy if Hogan was written off TV after Bound for Glory, meaning they would prefer that Sting would win. Alot of people are saying that "Hogan is killing TNA" despite being someone who has made the biggest change to the wrestling industry to make it what it is today.

Haha, unfortunately I dont go that far back, I think you should tune in anyway.. lol

As much as I like the old guys - Hogan, Flair, Steiner etc - I think TNA is wasting too much money. I very much doubt they're getting back on the investment. I read on one of Meltzer's blogs that Hogan is paid $35K p/ episode. Stupid money. I'd expect they'll all be written off in due course.

As much as I like the old guys - Hogan, Flair, Steiner etc - I think TNA is wasting too much money. I very much doubt they're getting back on the investment. I read on one of Meltzer's blogs that Hogan is paid $35K p/ episode. Stupid money. I'd expect they'll all be written off in due course.

I hope so, I hear it was $25K per appearance and not $35K. Even then that is still madness. Sometimes Hogan only appears for a couple of minutes throughout the entire 2 hour show, but yet will get paid so much. TNA are wasting money, and are not helping themselves at all. There is alot of requests to bring back the X Division to what it was a few years ago. Also to give the younger talent like Beer Money & AJ Styles the spotlight. I hope Hogan is written off storylines and just stays backstage, if he doesn't then god help us all. The same angle has been going on for far too long now and they need to switch it up.

$35,000 per appearence (every week) + 2 year period = :faint:

Yeah, TNA is sort of drowning itself both financially and creatively at the moment IMO. The story line with Immortal vs Sting (and Fortune) is just so fragmented - like many of TNA's stroylines. (Do you remember when they had Doug Williams beat AJ clean with AJ's own move then both AJ and Williams disappeared as though it never happened!) What gets me is listening to long, boring promos by guys like Bubba Ray and the "enforcer", what's his name .... "Gunner" maybe(?), when guys like AJ, Roode, Kaz, and the whole X Div are sitting in the lockeroom prob biting at the bit to get out and wrestle! And they have claim now that "wrestling matters again". How about cutting the boring promos and letting the guys who can actually wrestle wrestle?!! I stopped watching WWE several years ago beacuse of the same thing. Irish leprechans getting longer on-camera time than technically-sound westlers!
Prob would be wise for TNA to cut the strings with Hogan and Flair et al. I'm sure they brought some interest in when they came in but I very much doubt they are worth their fees. And what's up with Steiner? He's an expensive jobber! I can understand them wanting to use a big name to give their younger guys a rub, but it gets old quick seeing him basically have the same match every time he wrestlers. If Steiner wrestlers you know his opponent is going to win!

Steiner has enjoyed Immortal which I think its just a stupid move, there would be a better buzz if he was on his own.

This whole Immortal Fortune crap has gone on far too long and I wish it would just stop. The only people not directly involved in this whole Immortal nonsense is the Knockouts, and thats the matches I look forward too every week. I record and save the TNA shows that have extremely good matches, and I've done alot more recording in 2009 than I have last year and this year.

Yep, the whole wrestling matters thing they have going on means nothing. Its been the same really, well ok a few improvements. Including the redesign of the stage and the ring. Some people still want the 6-sided-ring back but with Hogan around I dont think thats going to happen, and with his 2 year contract he just signed now, god knows what he has in store for TNA.

Suspect Hogan has something to do with the end of the main event at the PPV! (Don't think Roode is the Hulksters kind of wrestler.) I kind of feel sorry for the TNA originals so long as Hogan and Bischoff are in the fold.

Suspect Hogan has something to do with the end of the main event at the PPV! (Don't think Roode is the Hulksters kind of wrestler.) I kind of feel sorry for the TNA originals so long as Hogan and Bischoff are in the fold.

Looks like a last minute change of plan there, Hogan doesnt think that Bobby Roode is ready for the title yet. :faint:

I wonder what Roode must be think now... :boo:

Can't imagine Roode's too happy, matey! That ending had Hogan's prints all over it. I think Hogan is dismissing Roode as he did Bret Hart back when I first started watching pro-wrestling in the early 90s. Hogan prob would prefer to put the strap on Abyss, or or some other boring giant, than a Roode or AJ. I wonder what kind of influence Flair has backstage because I'd imagine he'd be more into pushing a smaller, more athletic guy - though maybe not Roode because of the Hart similarity. I'd imagine Flair would go for a guy more like Storm or Kazarian. I notice Flair has been conspicous by his absence since Steiner came back into the fold - coincidence? Austin Aries inpressed me at the PPV. I was pleased to see him go over clean.

Yep, it was a pretty good PPV. Apparently last nights iMPACT Wrestling was also pretty good. :)

I wont be watching it until Saturday so staying away from all the spoilers. ;)

I don't recall the last time a pro wrestling show genuinely shocked me. This wks Impact! did just that .... Angle squashed by James Storm!!!

I don't recall the last time a pro wrestling show genuinely shocked me. This wks Impact! did just that .... Angle squashed by James Storm!!!

I'm just coming off from watching the PPV for WWE. The ring collapsed during Big Show and Mark Henrys match! :p

I'm just coming off from watching the PPV for WWE. The ring collapsed during Big Show and Mark Henrys match! :p
I think that happened during one of the last WWE shows I watched. I think it was Lesnar vs Show!
Regarding Angle's squashing, I wonder if the Olympian has done something to irritate the powers-that-be. Maybe been caught unlawfully using prescription painkillers or steroids again? Weird how they had him squashed in something like 90 seconds. Also weird that he'd agree to that. Probably a record defeat time for him.

Back