Most Expensive Flops In Premier League History

Been alot of flops in PL history for sure.

Be it Torres at Chelsea. Nasri at city. Djemba djemba, veron, Maguire, pogba, Sanchez at United. But so many to name lol.

As others said Kante, Mahrez and vardy were amazing signings who Leicester got for peanuts and sold for mega profit.

He was a really good player who just didn't reach his full potential sadly.
Your statements crack me up some times mate lol. He won The Premier League, Serie A, Super Lig, Champions League, Multiple FA Cups, and was part of the French side that won Euro 2000. I get kinda what you’re coming from I know he kicked off with a lot of people and got sent home from World Cup 2010. However his C.V is superb regardless. Played for the great Arsenal side of the late 90s, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool etc

Last edited:
Your statements crack me up some times mate lol. He won The Premier League, Serie A, Super Lig, Champions League, Multiple FA Cups, and was part of the French side that won Euro 2000.

Did I say anything about what he has achieved at club and country level?

I was merely pointing out how drastically he fell from the quality player he was at Arsenal when he went to city. Maybe I should have stated that better so that's on me.

Your statements crack me up some times mate lol. He won The Premier League, Serie A, Super Lig, Champions League, Multiple FA Cups, and was part of the French side that won Euro 2000. I get kinda what you’re coming from I know he kicked off with a lot of people and got sent home from World Cup 2010. However his C.V is superb regardless. Played for the great Arsenal side of the late 90s, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool etc
I watched his documentary he was the best naturally talented youngster I think I've ever seen come through, he had absolutely everything he reminded me of drogba but 19

I watched his documentary he was the best naturally talented youngster I think I've ever seen come through, he had absolutely everything he reminded me of drogba but 19
Anelka has never got the praise he deserves imo just a shame he was in drogba shadow at Chelsea they was very simular in styles for sure

Ok thank you for the informative info but my point was not related to his achievements.
Can you elaborate on it? Genuinely interested in how he didn’t reach his potential. You mention when he went to City he fell off. You do know when he left City he joined Chelsea where he won the League, several FA Cups and Baz will correct me but I’m sure he was part of the Champions League sides of 2008 and 2012 where they won it and were runners up. He hardly fell off. His attitude stunk I think that’s where you are getting the 2 mixed up. Also how can your point not be related to his achievements his achievements represent him as a World Class player clearly. You don’t just be part of all these great sides by fluke.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on it? Genuinely interested in how he didn’t reach his potential. You mention when he went to City he fell off. You do know when he left City he joined Chelsea where he won the League, several FA Cups and Baz will correct me but I’m sure he was part of the Champions League sides of 2008 and 2012 where they won it and were runners up. He hardly fell off. His attitude stunk I think that’s where you are getting the 2 mixed up.
I tend to agree, he's the 16th top goal scorer in the prem (125) not a bad number lol, he also won the golden boot in 08/09 and he's scored over 200 goals for all clubs, as I said, top draw.

I might add that he's the 2nd top goalscorer in the the prem out of all French players with a list of players like Cantona, giroud, wiltord, martial, cisse, in fact there's only one better and we all know who that is lol so not living up to potential is incorrect imo

His stats are Quite scary tbh, he's 4th on the list In prem (French players) for assist also lol

Was that the row with Domenech? There's been so many with anelka lol
Yeah where they boycotted I think

Can you elaborate on it? Genuinely interested in how he didn’t reach his potential. You mention when he went to City he fell off. You do know when he left City he joined Chelsea where he won the League, several FA Cups and Baz will correct me but I’m sure he was part of the Champions League sides of 2008 and 2012 where they won it and were runners up. He hardly fell off. His attitude stunk I think that’s where you are getting the 2 mixed up. Also how can your point not be related to his achievements his achievements represent him as a World Class player clearly. You don’t just be part of all these great sides by fluke.
He was part of it for sure mate and when we played man utd

Not a flop and slightly off topic but what a player jay jay okatcha was.

So talented and loved watching him. He had mad skills.

Shame he don't get mentioned alot.
So good they named him twice!

CK is searching the net for anelka facts to respond to source :ROFLMAO:

(I'm only playing you up BTW mate)
Haha he backtracked he loaded up the Wiki and realised he won everything but the World Cup lol!

Back