'Most vaccinated' place on earth cancels Christmas

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
Amid a surge in Covid-19 cases, Gibraltar has canceled official Christmas events and “strongly” discouraged people from hosting private gatherings for four weeks.

Gibraltar’s entire eligible population is vaccinated.

More than 118% of Gibraltar’s population are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, with this figure stretching beyond 100% due to doses given to Spaniards who cross the border to work or visit the territory every day. Gibraltar’s entire adult population has been fully vaccinated since March, and masks are still required in shops and on public transport.

Link.

Strange with such a high vaccination percentage they are cancelling events and not allowing gatherings.

Rather extreme measure I must say.

So what they are saying is that with 100% of the population vaccinated and an extra 18% which are those that travel from Spain to work, that there is now a surge in Covid 19 cases.

Does this then not say then that the Vaccine (whatever brand it was) does not work? :unsure:

Or even more worrying, Gibralta has a lot of monkeys roaming around could it have transfered to them and mutated? Very worrying if this is the case!!

But..........with 100% of the population vaccinated, plus 18% these are the people that travel into Gib to work, How is there now a surge in Covid?
as has been made clear the vaccine loses it's effectiveness after time hense while we are getting boosters. I wonder how many of Gibraltans have been given a booster, considering medical experts are saying boosters are needed at around 6 months, every one in Gibralter should have had their boosters by September.

Christmas lunch in the garden again.😂
I best clean my bbq lool
Alot of resorts will probably follow suit as Gibraltar has done.
Same with is it Switzerland or somewhere that all non vaccinated people have been put on a lockdown.

I best clean my bbq lool
Alot of resorts will probably follow suit as Gibraltar has done.
Same with is it Switzerland or somewhere that all non vaccinated people have been put on a lockdown.
makes me wonder how those countries are going to police the lockdown for non vaccinated people, is it a matter of covid pass needed everywhere you go, or just spot checks to see if people are sat at home.

makes me wonder how those countries are going to police the lockdown for non vaccinated people, is it a matter of covid pass needed everywhere you go, or just spot checks to see if people are sat at home.
Most Northern European countries you need a coronapass or negative test to go most places, bars , hairdresser, cinema, restaurant etc

Its Austria that's having a ten day lockdown.
Police will be doing spot checks on people out and about to check if they're vaccinated or not:
Covid: Austria introduces lockdown for unvaccinated

Most of the European citizens had Pfizer, whereas most U.K. citizens had AstraZeneca. I wouldn’t be surprised if after a few months they saw that AstraZeneca was more effective (given the assumption that the U.K. does not have another bad wave).

If that’s the case, you heard it here first, on TK 😜

Lots of antivaxers in Austria, about a third of the population aren't vaccinated which is probably why their health system is struggling, 800 per100,000 infected

Lots of antivaxers in Austria, about a third of the population aren't vaccinated which is probably why their health system is struggling, 800 per100,000 infected

Gibraltar is 1,379 infections per 100.000 people reported last 7 days and they're all vaccinated 🤔...

Link

Doesn't add up does it...

Back