motorised dish issue

on open atv satellites.xml goes into etc/tuxbox then restart Gui,The search that your doing is for 1 transponder so you will only find a couple of channels,You need to select SINGLE SATELLITE then under that setting you need to select the satellite you want to scan for it to search everything.

1_0_19_BBD_1E_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0_20191130143930.jpg

I have uploaded some screenshots showing Hotbird 13E. Both with predefined or usual defined transponder I get only 19 channels when running a scan.
Can you see anything wrong in the settings? Cheers

Attachments

• 20191130_174748.jpg
    20191130_174748.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20191130_174809.jpg
    20191130_174809.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 20191130_174901.jpg
    20191130_174901.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
on open atv satellites.xml goes into etc/tuxbox then restart Gui,The search that your doing is for 1 transponder so you will only find a couple of channels,You need to select SINGLE SATELLITE then under that setting you need to select the satellite you want to scan for it to search everything.

View attachment 44096
Thanks pieeater2015
Is satellite.xml already there or do I have to upload it? If I have to upload it, where do I get the latest version? Thank you for your help

you are scanning 1 transponder 11836,you need to change type of scan to single satellite not user defined transponder or predefined transponder 11727

Are you sure you are on 1w mate and the signal is not from another sat? Lots of sats use the same transponders so its possible to get a signal on a frequency that you think is one sat but its actually quite different

Yes on open atv /extensions 1.1 may not be
Up to date There is a version 1.4 Download
Can't remember where I seen it

Thank you all. I discovered what the problem was when I downloaded vhannibal settings and his channels didn't seem to match with what the manual search had found.
It looks like I'm searching Thor 0.8w for example but the channels found in the search are from a different satellite. At present I tried to search Eutelsat 16e and couldn't match the channels with what I should find and in fact the channels are from 19.2e!
Do I need to drive the motor manually to 0 and flash the Zgemma again or is there a quicker method?

Thank you all. I discovered what the problem was when I downloaded vhannibal settings and his channels didn't seem to match with what the manual search had found.
It looks like I'm searching Thor 0.8w for example but the channels found in the search are from a different satellite. At present I tried to search Eutelsat 16e and couldn't match the channels with what I should find and in fact the channels are from 19.2e!
Do I need to drive the motor manually to 0 and flash the Zgemma again or is there a quicker method?
go to the motor and move it west manually 3.2 degrees(if your scanning 16 east but picking up 19.2) useing the buttons on the motor and useing the scale on the motor back to 16e, and scan again and see if its 16 east comeing through.i would double check your long and lat in your settings.

Hi pieeater2015, thanks. I just tried and it is difficult to be precise. When I set the tuner as a single satellite at 16e I just don't get any signal and can't get any channels.
If I leave the tuner as multisat usals then it seems to move back to 19.2e!

I would just start again,use the buttons on the motor and the scale to send the motor back to zero,stick a compas on it and check its pointing south(thats if you setup on south)Check your long and lat is correct (use dishpointer)and set the tuner to use USALS,Make sure to press green to save settings.Then go to manual scan,Type of scan SINGLE SAT and pick satalite 0.8w ku-band thor 5/6/7 then press ok to scan,Start there.

1-jpg.45167
4.jpg3.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 76
Thank you again pieeater2015. I installed a brand new image and drove the dish manually back to "0" pointing south. Coordinates correct.
Manual search, single satellite, 0.8w Ku band. When I start the manual scan of 0.8w, it stays for ages on "scannIing: completed 0%, channels found 0" and nothing happens. The dish has however moved from "0"
If I go to "Signal finder" I find that the default satellite there is 19.2e and if I change it to 0.8w and try a manual search again the same thing happens.
I tried, just as a matter of curiosity, to do a manual search single satellite of 19.2e and again no channels found.
However, if I perform a Blind Scan of 0.8w it will find lots of transponders and hundreds of channels but on 19.2e!

Back