Motorising a Zone 2

These are the ones I used you'll need 4 and then 4 long bolts to go between and you will need to drill 2 of them to match the holes on the bracket

Heavy Duty Jaw V-Bolts up to 5 cm x 8 cm Aerial Pole Mast Steel U-Bolt Clamp x 2 | eBay
IMG_6947.jpeg

That silver clamp above is 70mm wide and the Sky mount is 60mm wide.

If you put the minidish mount up against the 100mm clamp on my Dark Motor, it looks like the size I need.

IMG_6945.jpeg

I just can’t seem to find a v clamp wider than 80mm.

Last edited:
You have the bolts going through the wrong way this was my setup on a darkmotor

View attachment 103079
I know mate, it's not mounted to the clamp on the dark motor, I was just showing the clamp size difference.

I just can't find a clamp the same size as those on the motor - 100mm would be ideal.

The only thing I can think of is using an exhaust clamp. The Zone 2 is light, I don't think it would move on the motor.

I went with the stainless 1-3" in the end simply because the punch out is far bigger (40mm) and they look really good quality.

I may possibly be able to use the current holes on the minidish rear bracket without drilling it. We'll see.
They are mate even with the long punch out those dont start to bend like a banana when overtightened slightly.

Youll need m10 coach bolts with those.

Think I’ve got a pack of M10’s in the garage.

Regarding the repair washers, do you mean on all 4 corners?
Any nut you're going to tighten up on the brackets or motor stick a repair washer under it helping to spread the clamping force wider. You won't have issues with the wind blowing anything out of alignment then. Cost pennies screwfix and toolstation.

Back