Motorising a Zone 2

Nice one

Been telling folk for years they perform pretty well for the size.

The ones ive installed dont suffer on 16e or 1w in the rain. Leeds Area though.
1w is really strong, very impressed with that.

5w, 1w, 7e, 13e, 19.2e, 23.5e,.28.2e, 42e all coming in strong.

16e is definitely suffering from a bit of swamping by 19.2 and 13e. The DigitALB transponders don’t seem the most responsive. I was wonder if the dish needs a bit more skew.

It’s a brand new SSL dish so came with a brand new Sky Quad. I have got a black ultra in the garage but would need a 40mm adapter.

Either way, this Zone 2 is noticeably better than my Triax TD65 camping dish.

1w is really strong, very impressed with that.

5w, 1w, 7e, 13e, 19.2e, 23.5e,.28.2e, 42e all coming in strong.

16e is definitely suffering from a bit of swamping by 19.2 and 13e. The DigitALB transponders don’t seem the most responsive. I was wonder if the dish needs a bit more skew.

It’s a brand new SSL dish so came with a brand new Sky Quad. I have got a black ultra in the garage but would need a 40mm adapter.

Either way, this Zone 2 is noticeably better than my Triax TD65 camping dish.
I dont think the ultra will give you better signal although it will work, its just not designed for a elliptical dish.

I have managed to bodge my Inverto Black Ultra v2 onto it tonight and the difference on 16e is incredible. 9-10% leap in quality on the receiver and meter.

Out of sheer curiosity I am tempted to take the Smart Titanium twin off my 100cm dish and see what it is like on the Zone 2.

No breakup on 26e is crazy really for a Zone 2 (Euronews).

The Sky quad is better on certain TP’s on 28.2 and 13e from quick testing.

I have managed to bodge my Inverto Black Ultra v2 onto it tonight and the difference on 16e is incredible. 9-10% leap in quality on the receiver and meter.

Out of sheer curiosity I am tempted to take the Smart Titanium twin off my 100cm dish and see what it is like on the Zone 2.

No breakup on 26e is crazy really for a Zone 2 (Euronews).

The Sky quad is better on certain TP’s on 28.2 and 13e from quick testing.
Good results then.

Personally, i never got better results from anything other than an old Sky LNB. Its possible the quad you a have newer type that does not have elliptical feed horn the older ones had.

I've probably a dozen the next big thing LNB's in a draw im my shed including 2 Ultras because with all the hype i was convinced i had a bad sample. Ive also got Titanium and Golden Media LNB's and they never bettered the old sky lnb on a Zone 2. Incidentally, on standard dishes, the Titanium LNB always beats the rest.

Good results then.

Personally, i never got better results from anything other than an old Sky LNB. Its possible the quad you a have newer type that does not have elliptical feed horn the older ones had.

I've probably a dozen the next big thing LNB's in a draw im my shed including 2 Ultras because with all the hype i was convinced i had a bad sample. Ive also got Titanium and Golden Media LNB's and they never bettered the old sky lnb on a Zone 2. Incidentally, on standard dishes, the Titanium LNB always beats the rest.
It’s a GeoSync quad which apparently has ‘improved signal due to a patented feed horn design’…….

Are the Zinwell LNB’s matched feed horn?

Are the Zinwell LNB’s matched feed horn?
I've no idea although the manufacturer name rings a bell. Triax is the make of my old sky lnb if you take the cap off you see the difference in the feedhorn waveguide its elliptical. Some recent Sky lnbs are advertised as for elliptical dishes but taking the cap off them the waveguide is round as on standard universal LNB's.

I think they dropped the elliptical feedhorns as it made little difference on 28 east as the sat is so powerful, but on Zone 2 motorised it does on the less powerful satellite position.

See pdf attached

Attachments

• pa_359294.pdf
    333.5 KB · Views: 7
hi guys know its the wrong section but not a clue wher to ask so ill try here .... live in s.wales got a zone 2 dish and get 63% on 16east but useless on wet days ... looking at a 80cm triax dish ? would this be an upgrade on other dish for the up coming season . p.s looking for new lnb if you have any good ideas on one? thanks again and feel free to move thread if need

hi guys know its the wrong section but not a clue wher to ask so ill try here .... live in s.wales got a zone 2 dish and get 63% on 16east but useless on wet days ... looking at a 80cm triax dish ? would this be an upgrade on other dish for the up coming season . p.s looking for new lnb if you have any good ideas on one? thanks again and feel free to move thread if need
I have just setup a Zone 2 on a motor. Which transponder are you getting 63% on?

I get 69-70% on 10845H with an Inverto Black Ultra v2.

Just a word of warning, depend on the age of the Zone 2, you may need to buy an adapter for it to fit a conventional 40mm LNB. Newer Sky LNB’s are 36mm.

I have bodged mine in for now until the adapter comes.

Back