moving house broadband hell

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Hello

We have moved house In contract with bt. On there halo package so we have there 4g mini hub which barely works while we wait for the switch date 13 April.

But we have been told we will only just get 5mb and 1mb upload. Its literally down the road we have moved. There saying its congestion. Noticed House as wires from telegraph pole. Never had that before

But now being told we have to pay same price as we pay for 80mb in our old address because were still in contract.

Is this right or wrong?

Mad thing is on the 4g hub when it works we get 30mb and 2mb up. Thats better than the internet the offering us grr !

Hello

We have moved house In contract with bt. On there halo package so we have there 4g mini hub which barely works while we wait for the switch date 13 April.

But we have been told we will only just get 5mb and 1mb upload. Its literally down the road we have moved. There saying its congestion. Noticed House as wires from telegraph pole. Never had that before

But now being told we have to pay same price as we pay for 80mb in our old address because were still in contract.

Is this right or wrong?

Mad thing is on the 4g hub when it works we get 30mb and 2mb up. Thats better than the internet the offering us grr !
If your not getting the speeds you should be from your original contract which presuming still in contract you can leave for free give it a few days get on blower to them let engineers come out do the crap they need to do.
If dosnt improve then ring them back and tell them your not getting speeds stated in your contract and want to leave for free as way below your minimum guarantee speeds.
I had it with sky mate don't let them fob you off I was supposed to get 63mbps and my line could only handle 36mbps let them do all tests ect still paying full price and enough was enough and left for free

Just tell them you're stopping the direct debit.
It's breach of contract on their part.
You didn't sign for 5mb broadband.
Put your postcode in broadband checker online and see what a normal provider can offer.
Ignore all letters and correspondence from BT.
If they knock and ask for you just tell them your name is Icabod Crane and you've lived there for thirty years

If your not getting the speeds you should be from your original contract which presuming still in contract you can leave for free give it a few days get on blower to them let engineers come out do the crap they need to do.
If dosnt improve then ring them back and tell them your not getting speeds stated in your contract and want to leave for free as way below your minimum guarantee speeds.
I had it with sky mate don't let them fob you off I was supposed to get 63mbps and my line could only handle 36mbps let them do all tests ect still paying full price and enough was enough and left for free
Ah
Sounds good in theory, but the OP is changing the terms of the contract, so BT won't be obliged to honour it's speed promise, I'd hazard a guess at.

I don't know why people fall for this crap.
Just ignore them and ditch these idiotic companies.
They almost never come to the door they just send letters.
Return the letters with "NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS" scrawled across it and they don't send any more. Finished.
If someone does knock and ask for me by name I just tell them I'm Frank Jones and I moved in last week - they don't have photos of everyone...occasionally they ask where the previous tennant (me!) moved to.
I just say, "Wales I think, but it might be Scotland" then shut the door.

isnt the contract between bt and the users address at the time of the contract being taken out?
dunno the answer myself as I have never moved whilst having broadband but i know what its like to have those slow speeds :anguished:

I don't know why people fall for this crap.
Just ignore them and ditch these idiotic companies.
They almost never come to the door they just send letters.
Return the letters with "NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS" scrawled across it and they don't send any more. Finished.
If someone does knock and ask for me by name I just tell them I'm Frank Jones and I moved in last week - they don't have photos of everyone...occasionally they ask where the previous tennant (me!) moved to.
I just say, "Wales I think, but it might be Scotland" then shut the door.
what are you hiding from?

Ah
Sounds good in theory, but the OP is changing the terms of the contract, so BT won't be obliged to honour it's speed promise, I'd hazard a guess

Ahh they tried this said so today you start a new contract. I asked why he said because your moving. I said i don't want a new Contract at 5mb. So he said we will see what we can do to get you back to 80mb its down to openreach could take ages or not happen at all

Ahh they tried this said so today you start a new contract. I asked why he said because your moving. I said i don't want a new Contract at 5mb. So he said we will see what we can do to get you back to 80mb its down to openreach could take ages or not happen at all
Just cause your moving home shouldn't be a new contract at all that's just madness lol

am sure if a better speed is available to you they will make it happen but it might take time, at least you have the 4g router to be getting on with

TV licencing.
Various people who want money but I need it for beer.
Various crappy companies who think they can extract money from people without providing anything for that money.
I'm not hiding, I'm here, I open the door in person because my dog can't reach the handle.
sounds fair enough fella, us consumers do get raw deals at times and I too am sick of it.

Having simliar with british gas. Our local Council have a contract with british gas.

Moved in no electricity or gas. Phoned council meters have passwords on. Call british gas and tell them your readings and go from there.

Phoned british gas had to set up an account with them. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole there so dear. but had to to get meters on. Said i dont want any contract as im moving from you asap. They had to get a britsh gas engineer to come out then to unlock meters. What a joke its been Since moving in lol

Were with pure planet have been for a long time but they wont let us move accounts from one addres to another. Have to close one account and open another.

Never moving again!

am sure if a better speed is available to you they will make it happen but it might take time, at least you have the 4g router to be getting on with
They could come out with same excuse as they did to us.
Because they are rolling full fibre out on next 18 months they won't replace the cables to rip them up and replace again lol

They could come out with same excuse as they did to us.
Because they are rolling full fibre out on next 18 months they won't replace the cables to rip them up and replace again lol
well yes anyway he got his 4g router so hes not without.

you may get lucky, as you say, you're only moving down the road,
and already had fibre, they may be in the process of putting fibre across the poles in your area,
we got it over xmas, got it installed to the premises a few weeks ago,
massive difference after having 13meg for 12 years,,,,,

All I know is if you have a contract with virgin then move to a area where it is not avaliable you still have to pay virgin.

The mini hubs are normally temporary . You contract speeds will be connected to your old address till switch over. If you push it with CS you may get compensation.

Hello

Is this right or wrong?

Your right to request a decent broadband service: What you need to know
Superfast broadband in the UK - House of Commons Library
Gigabit-capable broadband in the UK - House of Commons Library

Back