moving house broadband hell

The saga continues. Was told I ordered copper broadband at this new address which I didn't. Told I'm in a new contract which they told me I wasn't going to be and the cooling off period is over. Coonts

Told they will order fibre for me now but I have to have there halo 3 package. Which is £10 more. So said I wanted to cancel but was told it's not available because the cooling off period is gone. So agreed to it

Looked online and found the same package cheaper £15 cheaper. So phoned back and asked for that which they did. One hour on the phone later all done.

Check emails in the morning package cancelled. Phoned them they said my first order as messed everything up and they can't do the cheaper option now. Tried to push halo again. Said not interested. Literally had the phone put down on me three times and I wasn't even shouting or losing my shit. On the phone well over 90minutes by now.

Got through to a manager who said she will sort it. After a good while she come back on the phone and said yes I've sorted it you have ordered copper broadband and it goes live in a week. I couldn't believe what she said.

Said I wanted fibre not copper I wanted to upgrade. She also put the phone down.

Got a call back the day after and they said it's been activated for a upgrade to fibre at a discounted rate of £32 a month for there top pavkage. Wait a week and it will be on. Which is today. Had a email to say my house phone is now on?. It's been on all the way through. No email about fibre. And still only got 2mb

I'm fuming

No think it's fibre to cabinet. Had a email today saying sorry for this here is 25 quid. No explanation or nothing. And I'm still only getting 2mb.

Frustrated

These organisations are a nightmare, been thro similar excercise with Scottish Power after being bounced to them by Ofgem.

Had problems with BT when went to full fibre. Cancelled contract and went with virgin.

Just got in from work and we have fibre speeds 50 down and 20 up. Finally. Although it said it would be nearer to 70 80mb than 50mb. So we will see

Just got in from work and we have fibre speeds 50 down and 20 up. Finally. Although it said it would be nearer to 70 80mb than 50mb. So we will see
BT is 74 or 100 , I'm on 74 fibre, and get constant over 65, usually nearer to 70, and about 18-19 up, that is with overhead FTTP ,
Only got it last month and it's a revelation compared with the previous 13meg on copper,
Give it a week, see if it settles.

aw that's great news mate, you finally got your fibre. as has been said yes I think it adjusts to the fastest most reliable speed it can produce without having any knock on effects, well done.

They had messed up again they signed me up to fibre 1. I've signed up to fibre 2 which I asked for and was told I would get. So for the hassle they have signed me up to fibre 2 for no extra cost. Goes live Monday should get 74mb and 20mb up. We will see Monday. What a palava this as been

They had messed up again they signed me up to fibre 1. I've signed up to fibre 2 which I asked for and was told I would get. So for the hassle they have signed me up to fibre 2 for no extra cost. Goes live Monday should get 74mb and 20mb up. We will see Monday. What a palava this as been
That's what I have
74meg ,
This is my speed through a VPN

Attachments

• 16193567150398961418565256484123.jpg
    16193567150398961418565256484123.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 19
Not much of a speed loss then mate which is really good as some vpn actually kill your speed by 50-60% in some cases
It's virtually full speed
I see absolutely no difference with or without VPN on
Very likely the router I have is way more powerful than I need for the speeds I get,
Surfshark VPN (that was on offer) , and a Linksys router that I was recommended on here.

They have ballsed up again. Fibre 2 activation date yesterday. Woke up upload speeds gone up to 16mb from 5mb.

But it bounces about like crazy from 5mb up to 16mb and back on speedtests.

Download speeds the same 45mb in fact seems slower now.

Phoned them up. They say it's wifi channels. I told them the router is only syncing at 45mb and 16mb. They hung up

Got back through to them quickly. Got further this time. Did line tests and other tests and told yes it's definitely not up to speed.

Need another engineer visit. The third time he's been here and found naff all wrong

Surely the router needs to be syncing at the right speeds.

Also noticed since he's done a line test I have a tapping noise on the line now. It's as if I can hear someone pressing buttons then hanging up.

I give up with them completely

They have ballsed up again. Fibre 2 activation date yesterday. Woke up upload speeds gone up to 16mb from 5mb.

But it bounces about like crazy from 5mb up to 16mb and back on speedtests.

Download speeds the same 45mb in fact seems slower now.

Phoned them up. They say it's wifi channels. I told them the router is only syncing at 45mb and 16mb. They hung up

Got back through to them quickly. Got further this time. Did line tests and other tests and told yes it's definitely not up to speed.

Need another engineer visit. The third time he's been here and found naff all wrong

Surely the router needs to be syncing at the right speeds.

Also noticed since he's done a line test I have a tapping noise on the line now. It's as if I can hear someone pressing buttons then hanging up.

I give up with them completely
Deffinatly sounds like a fault mate or your line just can't handle the speeds they say I've been there with sky if your not getting speeds gurenteed leave them for free

Back