moving house broadband hell

They will happy chase people up for money but not when issues arise they take the mick.

Slightly different to open reach due to their network and infrastructure being different to VM.

But had alot of issues with VM some years back. With connection constantly dropping and affecting speeds.

After some time engineers found had such old cabling from cab to my property it needed a repull(whole new cables being put in.)

Since then no same issues. But got it all sorted by constantly phoning them and nagging them and engineer after engineer came until finally they diagnosed and fixed the problem.

Phoned them up as now I've had emails saying they want the router back they give me over a year ago. I used my own router since I had it. There home hub 2 was lost in the move. They sent me a new one when I moved here.

Now there demanding the lost old one back. Told them I couldn't find it. So they want 50 quid

Also saying problems in my house. The last man who come here checked cable from house to pole and house wiring. All was fine. Now they need to come back ffs

When I log into the router it says sync rate is 54mb and 16mb up.

I said it won't go any faster as it's not set right router side.

They didn't have a clue what I meant

Sh!t
I threw an old home hub out a couple of weeks ago,
I think I've still got an old openreach modem if you want that to send them.

Another engineer come today. Checked everything. Said it's impossible to get 70mb here I'm too far away from exchange. Which I could see out the bedroom window if the houses were not in the way.

Blamed me for having a ps5 and ps4 connected and 2 phones. He said that's a huge strain on the router and the ps5 and ps4 should be hard wired.

Phoned bt up and explained. They said the fault is to many devices. I said the man said I would never get 70mb here. Bt said the engineer hadn't put that in his notes. And it is possible to get 70mb

Put on hold for ages again. They come back on the phone and said yes your right you can't get 70mb. But I can't cancel just get moved to another package.

Is there any good providers for fibre out there. Would of gone with sky but there pricey

I'm going to the ombudsman with this. It's stupid

T
Another engineer come today. Checked everything. Said it's impossible to get 70mb here I'm too far away from exchange. Which I could see out the bedroom window if the houses were not in the way.

Blamed me for having a ps5 and ps4 connected and 2 phones. He said that's a huge strain on the router and the ps5 and ps4 should be hard wired.

Phoned bt up and explained. They said the fault is to many devices. I said the man said I would never get 70mb here. Bt said the engineer hadn't put that in his notes. And it is possible to get 70mb

Put on hold for ages again. They come back on the phone and said yes your right you can't get 70mb. But I can't cancel just get moved to another package.

Is there any good providers for fibre out there. Would of gone with sky but there pricey

I'm going to the ombudsman with this. It's stupid
Thats a load of shite mate I only get 35mbps to router and I've got android TV connected 5 phones 2 pc xbox 360 laptop Amiko A6 box and firestick all connected and no strain on router at all.
open reach hate repairing shite I've Benn there with sky and open reach tbh if your line can't handle 70mbps dosnt matter who you go with will still be same situation.
We've just gone with ee and tbh no issues

T

Thats a load of shite mate I only get 35mbps to router and I've got android TV connected 5 phones 2 pc xbox 360 laptop Amiko A6 box and firestick all connected and no strain on router at all.
open reach hate repairing shite I've Benn there with sky and open reach tbh if your line can't handle 70mbps dosnt matter who you go with will still be same situation.
We've just gone with ee and tbh no issues
The weird thing is now no matter who I try and go with for fibre it says up to 80mb and speeds guaranteed up to 45mb

Before today they all quoted 80mb every single one I tried from talk talk to sky all quoted 80mb

Today after my phone call to bt it states up to 80mb only guaranteed up to 45mb lol

It's as if bt have altered something

The weird thing is now no matter who I try and go with for fibre it says up to 80mb and speeds guaranteed up to 45mb

Before today they all quoted 80mb every single one I tried from talk talk to sky all quoted 80mb

Today after my phone call to bt it states up to 80mb only guaranteed up to 45mb lol

It's as if bt have altered something
Nope that's what it was like with us when we was with sky we was told our line could handle 80mbps like you.
So we went for max package of 63mbps never got upto 63mbps max 37mbps had engineer out after engineer new face place ect ect openreach decided to state after our line will only handle a maximum of 37mbps.
Each provider will run line tests including bt and will say max 80mbps but once issues arise that's when you find true speeds out

Engineer was saying we offer you 60mb but you will only get 45mb. And that's very good. But everything needs hard wiring.

The router is syncin less that quoted and the bt app says I can cancel but bt said no

You just stop the direct debit.
They are the ones who have breached contract.
They offered to sell you something then changed what that something was.
Just tell them the DD is stopped and if they want the name of your solicitor they can write to him.
They won't do anything because they know they haven't a leg to stand on.
Why can't you use Virginmedia?

You just stop the direct debit.
They are the ones who have breached contract.
They offered to sell you something then changed what that something was.
Just tell them the DD is stopped and if they want the name of your solicitor they can write to him.
They won't do anything because they know they haven't a leg to stand on.
Why can't you use Virginmedia?
Ain't got virgin media around here. Looking at plus net. B

Back