Multi LNB someone talk me out of it.....

i still don't get the need for "live" tv?

nothing is live unless you are the the event itself. no tv is "live" , none of it.

anything being 1 minute behind "live" means nothing unless you have something else as a reference point.

turn your phone to silent, shut your laptop lid and enjoy watching something that only a few years ago we didn't even have access to (y)
Useless for those who gamble in-play, which is an awful lot of folk these days.

i agree i dont either, it was just annoying yesterday as in always whatapping friends and family and 3 of the goals in the chelsea game were notified to me before i saw them on my IPTV which was a minute behind, i jst found it really frustrating, wouldnt even mind the german sky sports for the picture and 5 live on in the background or something, my view is if i can get it all done within 100/150 quid (inc the extra Lnb, diseq, the bracket thing) its a good backup to have for a year or 2 (while it lasts). Currently my IPTV is 16 quid for 3 months and 2 sky lines are a tenner for the year. Once VM goes (currently pay £25 for 6months) will have 50quid saved to put towards the 19.2 set up anyways.

called a local installer, and he said he wouldnt do it on my dish as if he did he wouldnt be able to guarantee good reception on a 45cm zone 1 dish, offered me a 60cm dish, extra lnb and the mount along with installation and tuning for 180-200 quid.

South England is a large area when it comes to assisting with dish size issues. I'm in London and have 28.2 and 19.2 on a zone 1 Sky dish.

Ahh that's deffo good to know it is possible, in all honesty got the feeling that he just might have wanted the "bigger job" of changing the dish. I need to find someone smaller as he was from a bigger company his words were he didn't want to come back or get complaints if signal lost during bad weather etc and would only to do it right first time. Or offered a repoint my current zone 1 sat for 19.2 only. But basically if I wanted both 28 and 19 on a 45cm dish he wouldn't take the job. I'm in the rg22 postcode area.

Why not get the 80cm satellite dish
add 13 ,19,23,28 lot more opitions
I can understand what he is saying
With 80cm satellite dish You would get the
Maximum s.n.r on the Transponders even
During bad weather Also if you ever decided
to install a motorised system The satellite dish and bracket would be installed

yes that is a fair point, it was more a of a passing thought and was going for more of a quick win rather than change the whole set up. But once VM goes dark might take the plunge if IPTV makes me feel uncomfortable after the first week or so.

additional lnb's are not cost effective. a 1m dish & a motor is far more reliable, cheaper & opens up many satellites, all with varying content. with a good provider, oscam & accurate alignment, you will have far too many channels to choose from, with nearly all offering movies/series etc in their original language. personally, i don't care too much about english commentary on sports events.

I personally wouldn't use a monblock
If the Disqec switch faults within the block
The whole unit is faulted Better of with a multi
L.n.b bracket and l.n.bs with individual Disqec
Switches easier to replace if they fault
Plus you can add quad l.n.bs octo l.n.bs twin
L.n.b For mulitable recievers and mulitable recording

Simple cable tied lnb on sky mini dish. Works great for UK (28.2e), Spain and germany (19e) with a disecq switch to 2 tu ers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200306_092538_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_20200306_092538_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 56
That is what I need seems so simple just need ti find a sat guy willing to do it, but the 2 I've spoken to locally say they want me to upgrade my dish to at least a 60cm one

I can't reach might see if someone willing to lend me a ladder and give it a shot. So if I'm facing the dish from behind the 19.2 lnb goes on the right of the 28.2

If you are in front of the dish, the 19e lnb goes to the right of the existing sky 28.2e one. Might be a good idea to have 19e channel list on your receiver and use it for tuning if you haven't got a meter

Hi guys taken the plunge with a 80cm dish and multi lnb holder for 19.2 and 13. The meant to come today to put everything up.

Just so I get an idea just did a manual scan of 28.2 and got 889 channels. How many channels should I be expecting to receive on 19. 2 and 13.0?

Hi guys taken the plunge with a 80cm dish and multi lnb holder for 19.2 and 13. The meant to come today to put everything up.

Just so I get an idea just did a manual scan of 28.2 and got 889 channels. How many channels should I be expecting to receive on 19. 2 and 13.0?
Good luck with that install.
I am in NW London with 1.1m Triax fixed dish with 4 LNBs pointing at 13.0E, 19.2E, 23.5E & 28.2E.
Total number of channels scanned:
Hotbird 13.0E: 1,784
Astra 1 19.2E: 1,389
Astra 3 23.5E: 351
Astra 2 28.2E: 889
Total: 4,413 channels

Last edited:
Back