HD51 4K Mutant HD51 STB HD 4K Box needs updating Image Please advise ?

carmine

Hello to all on this great forum again Hope your all Good on this cloudy Tuesday ?

I have a Great Mutant HD51 STB HD 4K Box that runs my Motorised System from 30 West to 42 East with 95 Cm Triax Dish
It runs Vix 6.2 Image
I try and regularly update image but to day tried to update as I usually do and came up with message saying

( There are no more updates to the 6.2 Images )

What I would like advice and step help with please is how do I do this without loosing any of my settings on here as I don't want to update and then find somethings missing and i cant use as I did before ....

Many Thanks in advance and I look forward to chatting with you guys really soon
Have a great day all
regards
Carmine

Hello to all on this great forum again Hope your all Good on this cloudy Tuesday ?

I have a Great Mutant HD51 STB HD 4K Box that runs my Motorised System from 30 West to 42 East with 95 Cm Triax Dish
It runs Vix 6.2 Image
I try and regularly update image but to day tried to update as I usually do and came up with message saying

( There are no more updates to the 6.2 Images )

What I would like advice and step help with please is how do I do this without loosing any of my settings on here as I don't want to update and then find somethings missing and i cant use as I did before ....

Many Thanks in advance and I look forward to chatting with you guys really soon
Have a great day all
regards
Carmine
no just 6.3 images availabe can you not just do fullimage backup and save settings then flash 6.3 then restore settings.
look like last 6.2 images are here HD51 OpenViX Archives

and latest 6.3 are here HD51

Are the settings even compatible from 6.2 to 6.3 ?
from their forum:

The new OpenViX version 6.3 image is based on OpenViX enigma2 and OE-Alliance-core branch 5.2.
The easiest way to flash latest OpenViX image is to do the following:
First:
Download the image to your receiver's storage device
Blue button > ViX > Image manager > Yellow (Downloads) > Select OpenViX > Select image version > Press OK
You will see the download status
Second:
Once downloaded, you should still be in Image manager and the latest image should be highlighted.
Ensure you have the correct image selected then press the Blue button (Flash)
The new image will flash and box will reboot when completed
In install wizard you can then restore settings and plugins from OpenViX 6.2 (and earlier) series images. This will restore most things to how you had them before.
RESTORE PROCESS WILL NOT RESTORE PLUGINS THAT ARE NOT ON THE CURRENT PLUGIN SERVER. THESE MUST BE INSTALLED MANUALLY.

Just make a settings backup and flash 6.3 to a different partition.
You can just boot back into 6.2 if there are any problems.
Good afternoon I have never had to do this before so just wondered will I lose everything that's in 6.2 including certain files

Good afternoon I have never had to do this before so just wondered will I lose everything that's in 6.2 including certain files
in that case first thing you do is make fullimage backup as mentioned earlier on then you can always go back to where you were,

OpenVIX 6.2 to 6.3 was easy on my HD51, as said just download the latest 6.3 image, flash and it will restore the settings and available plugins if on the same partition. I can't remember if it was 6.2 or 6.3 that brings the fiarly big OpenWebIf changes (definitely more so on the mobile side).

Mine has been having some stability issues so need to try a different PSU to see if that helps it, it's just been dying with nothing in debug logs, I did change the preferred tuner to the S2X card for the wife's remote client stuff but it's glitching pretty badly on that so swapped back to the S2 card and it's been solid again so far, if that doesn't do it it's new PSU time.

OpenVIX 6.2 to 6.3 was easy on my HD51, as said just download the latest 6.3 image, flash and it will restore the settings and available plugins if on the same partition. I can't remember if it was 6.2 or 6.3 that brings the fiarly big OpenWebIf changes (definitely more so on the mobile side).

Mine has been having some stability issues so need to try a different PSU to see if that helps it, it's just been dying with nothing in debug logs, I did change the preferred tuner to the S2X card for the wife's remote client stuff but it's glitching pretty badly on that so swapped back to the S2 card and it's been solid again so far, if that doesn't do it it's new PSU time.
PSU ?

That's the one - turns out it was my fault from the looks of it.

I was using a softcam binary with a filename longer than 15 characters which was tripping up Softcam Manager due to the way the process name was being returned when it was checking for active softcams.

I've renamed my softcam to a shorter name and it's been rock solid since. I should have spotted that sooner but happy it's not cost me anything!

Something to watch out for if you're trying one of the many recent patched oscams with a long file name and using softcam manager.

Why wont you be able to update channel lists? And you mean a motorised list Whose do you use and these should not need updating very often and you can add a channel viz signal finder.

Why wont you be able to update channel lists? And you mean a motorised list Whose do you use and these should not need updating very often and you can add a channel viz signal finder.
Yes that's right I have motorised set up I can get from 30 west to 42 east and I use I think it's called vahnibal motor list I think will double check lol

If the feeds don't work any longer on 6.2 you won't be able to update vhannable for them but you could always install the list manually with dreambox edit or similar.
Yes I have done that before its okay to Use but Im getting lazy in my old age... lol
So what were all saying is do a full back up then get new image and place in a different partition
But I should save any files that may not be saved in full back up onto my laptop or somewhere safe first yes ?
sorry for all the questions but have had a couple of hectic days at work and at home so just need to get things straight in my head I know i can do this just never had to do a back up and upload a new version of Image before or I have and things haven't worked like they did before if you get my drift.
Anyone willing to give me a step by step way of what to do first etc and how to do it ??

If you are not going to touch the image in the current partition/slot, why do you need to back it up? There is no harm doing it, but no benefit either.

An image backup is a clone of the image you are backing up. All plugins, all files.

What files are you concerned about? Provided that you have not installed any plugins using scripts or manually transferred then installed ipks, everything will be listed in the settings backup.

This is a straight forward process that should take you less than 10 minutes in total.
Blue, Vix, Image Manager, yellow (downloads), select Vix, 6.3, OK to download.

Once that is complete, download image is selected, press blue (flash). Select a partition that you want to use.

A settings backup is created automatically, then the image is flashed.

Box will reboot into the new image. Say yes to restoring settings, same for plugins.

Job done.

Back