HD51 4K Mutant HD51 STB HD 4K Box needs updating Image Please advise ?

@Abu Baniaz , just out of interest is there anything in vix simmilar to openatv myrestore.sh or if IPK folder as stored on Harddisk/images/ipk that will load your other ipk's that are not in feed or just other versions for when doing online flash ?

You can set the extra ipk install location and a backup settings will save that and restore ipks in that location
Thanks dsayers was just enquiring have never noticed any info on that on Vix forums :smiley: I only found out about openatv Online flashing with restore of the settings and plugins perhaps a year or so back and never looked back great got all my latest plugins and ones not on feed stored on hard drive so they install when doing online flash.

Ok update guys and girls
I did backup first
Then I went into menu Viz then image manager then yellow and chose openvix where it showed openvix 6.3.003 which I then highlighted then press yes to download them blue to flash and put in third partition then downloaded.
New image of vix came up and asked if I wanted to into last back up which I did after a little while it came up with older vix screen asked if I want to use backed up plugins etc so I did all worked well as it did before but now allows me to update software etc channel lists etc so great.
Only problem I have now is every 5 or 10 mins come up with screen software error and reboots very annoying any advice please ?

Have you installed any ipk files or are they installed on a backup?

You can also upload the crashlog in home/root/logs

Check the log doesn't contain any personal information like IPTV details before uploading

Ok update guys and girls
I did backup first
Then I went into menu Viz then image manager then yellow and chose openvix where it showed openvix 6.3.003 which I then highlighted then press yes to download them blue to flash and put in third partition then downloaded.
New image of vix came up and asked if I wanted to into last back up which I did after a little while it came up with older vix screen asked if I want to use backed up plugins etc so I did all worked well as it did before but now allows me to update software etc channel lists etc so great.
Only problem I have now is every 5 or 10 mins come up with screen software error and reboots very annoying any advice please ?
Upload the crashlog in home/root/logs it will the issues

Have you installed any ipk files or are they installed on a backup?

You can also upload the crashlog in home/root/logs

Check the log doesn't contain any personal information like IPTV details before uploading
as far as I know all I have done is back up older set up on image then flashed within box not using usb ofcorse then used back up to get box to way it worked before

Also another thing got fed up with software error screen popping up again and again so with remote put box into standby and now it turns itself on without remote all on its own WTH lol ???

Also another thing got fed up with software error screen popping up again and again so with remote put box into standby and now it turns itself on without remote all on its own WTH lol ???
Because the box is crashing it probably won't stay in standby
sorry never had to do this before how do i do this please advise apologies again
Do you know how to FTP? Grab the crash log and zip it then upload to forum

Guide here Post in thread 'Taking screen shots and uploading attachments to the forum' Taking screen shots and uploading attachments to the forum

The crashlog will show it. It does not matter which program you use to get the crashlog, WinSCP, Filezilla, samba share etc. You just want to transfer the file to your PC so that you can then upload it to this forum for people to help you.

Something you restored is causing the problem. You can reflash the image again and not re-install older plugins/settings. You will have to start from scratch. I don't see any benefit in going to 6.2, The main difference is 6.2 uses python 3.10, 6.3 uses python 3.11.

The crashlog will show it. It does not matter which program you use to get the crashlog, WinSCP, Filezilla, samba share etc. You just want to transfer the file to your PC so that you can then upload it to this forum for people to help you.

Something you restored is causing the problem. You can reflash the image again and not re-install older plugins/settings. You will have to start from scratch. I don't see any benefit in going to 6.2, The main difference is 6.2 uses python 3.10, 6.3 uses python 3.11.
I will try and get this using winscp and post again if I manage to do this many thanks to all will keep you all updated top forum top users

Just trying to find crash logs where do I find them please I am using WinSCP

Please ignore I found how to find it on using WinSCP

Last edited:
Back