My H2.H Set Up Thread Using Wooshbuild...

ste

TK Veteran
I BELIEVE THIS GUIDE WILL NOW NOT APPLY SINCE WOOSHBUILD HAS CHANGED IT'S INSTALLATION PROCESS BUT I'LL LEAVE THIS HERE ANYWAY INCASE THERE'S ANY USEFULL INFO FOR ANYONE.

***Please note that although this thread is primarily for the H2.H, it's very similar to setup other boxes including the H5.2TC***

I know there's a few of these around already but some people still seem to struggle so I thought i'd add my own incase it helps...

Please try and follow this guide carefully as there's people that have not done as described below then wonder why it hasn't worked.

My thread on cable boxes should also be viewed too ideally prior to setting your box up as this gives you pointers on some things > http://www.techkings.org/threads/faq-should-i-buy-a-cable-box.126162/

Ok, so you have just received you nice new zgemma box from the postman / postlady or courier...

gR4j7Lt.jpg

You are overjoyed and want to get stuck in - you open the box and find the follwing;

* 1 x Zgemma H2.H
* 1 x Power Adapter
* 1 x Small HDMI Cable
* 1 x Remote (Batteries Not Included... Not The Film)
* 1 x Useless Instructions

BKZg6pQ.jpg

Your H2.H will look like this at the back:
***If you have a H5.2TC, there may not be a loop out***

k5lcIh0.jpg

I am connecting both Satellite and Cable - the Satellite lead goes into the LNB IN port via the screw on F connection (Don't overtighten) and the Cable lead goes into the RF IN port via the additional little adapter you should have bought which look like this:

(NOTE: You may not need this if you already have a cable that looks like this at the end - the V6 box does I believe).

ywmUeAT.jpg

Once you've plugged everything in, it should look like so (as long as you're using both sat and cable):

rEiT4nM.jpg

I haven't connected a USB drive to the rear port yet - I will do this once it's in the set-up process.

Ok, now you need to get your USB drive to flash the box - this should have the firmware on it ready then plug it into the front port of your zgemma then turn it on with the button at the back - It should come on the display at the front BOOT then change to FL5H within a couple of seconds.

Firmware can be obtained by following the link to the Wooshbuild site in the top right of this page > http://www.techkings.org/resources/wooshbuild-v5-zgemma-s-2s-h2s-h52s-h2h-h5-h52tc-h1-h2-i55.10/

zKCaym2.jpg

Once it's flashed, the front display will change to BOOT and the progress indicating will start counting up on the box - your TV screen will now display a Wooshbuild screen followed by a little video animation clip - as soon as this video starts, hit one of the coloured buttons on the screen and now you should have Easy Setup displayed on your screen.

ubJimV5.jpg

Now, insert your USB drive that you will be using permanently into the USB REAR port then hit the GREEN button on the remote to continue.

You will now be asked is it ok to delete existing data and initialise the drive - select YES and press OK.

Sbpg1cV.jpg

On the next screen, make sure your USB device is visible and highlighten then click on GREEN to continue - this will then bring up another screen asking you to confirm, press GREEN to continue.

t7BYaAb.jpg

Once again, it will ask "Are you sure..." - select YES and press OK... It will then begin to initialise the USB drive which takes a minute then once it's done this, it will automatically start to create the swap file - you don't need to press anything at this stage, just wait for it to get to the "Select your Country" screen - I am in England so I obviously chose England then hit GREEN to select it... it will again ask "Is this correct" - select Yes and press OK.

It will then go to region selection - I am in merseyside so I obviously chose merseyside and hit OK to select it. It once again asks "Is this correct" - select yes and hit OK.

It will then ask you to confirm flashing of Wooshbuild - hit GREEN for yes.

LdxEzRe.jpg

It will once again ask "Are you ready..." - hit GREEN for "Do It Now"

It will now download the latest version onto the box and begin to FLASH! ... sit back and wait whilst enjoying the Flash Gordon tune :grin:

After a minute or two, the screen will show ofgwrite Flashing Tool - the FLASH music will stop after a few seconds and the screen background will turn white ... you will get some info along the bottom regarding bad blocks - this is normal and nothing to worry about.

yq7PjGZ.jpg

Once this is complete, your box will begin to boot up and after a couple of seconds, the Wooshbuild splash screen will display on your tv screen - once it's fully booted up, if you have it set up like me, your SATELLITE channel will start to play BBC1 HD.

The box is now flashed and you're ready to start setting it up.

You want to press MENU on remote then go down to Setup then go down to Service Searching then Tuner Configuration so you see your tuners displayed here...

TFIEYmA.jpg

If you don't want to use the SATELLITE tuner, select it by pressing OK then press the right arrow on the remote to change Configuration mode from Simple to Not Configured then hit green to save then exit out back to the above screen then go down to Tuner B which is the cable tuner and press OK.

Here, go down to Network ID and enter your Network ID for your area - nothing else needs to be changed... just enter your ID then hit GREEN to save.

***Note: If you have the H5.2TC, you will have an extra tuner (C) which you also need to go into and enter your ID the same way***

ffDMMIg.jpg

Now exit out of this and go back into MENU > SETUP > SERVICE SEARCHING then go into the AutoBouquetsMaker section. Click on Configure and change -Time of scan to start ... I set mine to start at 05.00 then if you're using both SATELLITE and CABLE then go to Add provider prefix to bouquets and change it to yes - this will make it easy for you to tell which bouquets are relevant to each service. Hit GREEN to save.

Hi7JCwt.jpg

Now, in the AutoBouquetsMaker menu again, move to Providers and press OK then wait a few seconds for the providers list to populate.

As i'm using SATELLITE, I need to change the -S*y UK: area to my region then I need to carry on going down to -S*y UK: generate main bouquet and change this to yes then go further down the list until you get to V*rgin (UK) and change this from no to yes then go down to -V*rgin (UK): area and change this to your local region - if you cant find your exact location in this part, choose one that's as close to you as possible - this is just to give you bouquets that contain channels that are local to your region. Once you've done this, hit GREEN to save then back into the AutoBouquetsMaker menu list... at this stage you'll see a 'Hide sections' area - if you want to hide any bouquets for S*y or V*rgin then this is the area you do it in - again, just go into it and deselt ones you're not interested in (Adult for example) then take the tick off it and hit green to save your choices.

Now, it's time to start the actual service scanning so in AutoBouquetsMaker, go down to Start scan and hit OK. If you're using both SATELLITE and CABLE and you haven't changed the provider order, your S*y channels will scan first followed by the V*rgin channels.

YmEWK0r.jpg

Ok next, this isn't a neccesary step but I prefer the S*yQ skin so I press the Portal button on remote, go to --WB Config-- and press OK then go to Switch Skin and choose the S*yQ skin and press OK - it tells me that the GUI needs to restart to make the skin change - hit OK on yes then wait for the reboot.

I use the FAV button a lot at the bottom of the remote if I know what channel I want to watch and I like to have S*y on one page and V*rgin on the next so I can use the left and right arrows to go from S*y to V*rgin bouquets and vice versa so I will count how many S*y bouquets there is (I counted 21) so now on this same page as pictured below:

wH4OvPf.jpg

I now press MENU then settings then go down to Number of rows and change it to 21 then hit green to save. Now the gaps have got smaller inbetween the bouquets and all my S*y channels are on the same page:

lKOwJ7A.jpg

Then if I hit the right arrow, it goes over to my V*rgin bouqets which are again, all on the same page.

xTMgFRi.jpg

At this stage, you should have all FTA channels clearing on SATELLITE and channels 1-5 (SD) on CABLE ... remember that on cable, only 1-5 in SD will clear without the line.

Now I will add my line details to the box - there's the USB Cam Importer method but I prefer to simply access the box via my computers' network >

Once the line is on the box, I put the channel onto S*y Sports 1 HD on the V*rgin bouquet so it's just the black screen then i'll press the blue botton on the remote and go down to Softcam then across to Softcam Panel then go into it and change Select Cam 1 to the cam you're using - I am using mgcamd so i'll use the right arrow on the remote to select it and hit GREEN to Start it... after a few seconds, your cam will kick in and the channel will clear.

Now you need to check the mounts is set up right - press the pause button on the remote, if it pauses then great but if not, you need to change mount location.

Press the RED button on the remote then go to Plugins then click on Mount Manager - if the mount shows /media/sda1 on the right like so, this isn't correct.

qSCWnQG.jpg

You need to press the GREEN button to Setup Mounts and press the right arrow to change it to media/hdd then hit GREEN to save.

GrQ2Q8m.jpg

The box will re-start and on re-start pause will now work and timeshift too and recordings will all be set correctly to the right location.

CONTINUED ON NEXT POST:

Last edited:
Now, you need to sort your EPG so, press the Portal button on remote and go down to EPG Importer and press OK - As I have my ABM set to scan at 5am, I set EPG Importer to run at 5.30am at the Automatic Start Time part...

SQATsaz.jpg

You will now need to select your import sources for the EPG - The standard ones should already be set but I find that the V*rgin EPG doesn't populate that well so I have an extra sources file which goes into ROOT > ETC > EPGIMPORT ... if you're interested in this, here it is...
https://www68.zippyshare.com/v/YnPhAcH1/file.html

Once you've put this into the folder as mentioned above, click on BLUE for Sources then scroll across to Rytec UK XMLTV (S*y) and Rytec V*rgin UK XMLTV - these should be selected by default - if you're not using the SATELLITE part of the box, you can remove the Rytec UK XMLTV one. If you carry on to the end of the list - you'll see the extra sources file we added called "Vermin UK Cable" - tick this and click GREEN to save. You can now push the YELLOW button to manually start the scan - with using all 3 of the sources files, it scans around 250k listings and takes around 10-15 minutes to do. Once it's done, your EPG should now be populated fully (or as much as possible).

GZBWBRT.jpg

I like to have more than 8 rows of channels showing in the EPG - I prefer 12 so on the screen above, you can hit MENU and scroll down to Number of rows and change this to 12 then hit GREEN to save.

qOoYqHe.jpg

You will now have 12 rows in your EPG:

9G4iaBP.jpg

Note: I did this part before running EPG Importer hence why some info is missing on the screen shot above.

This is now fully set up - this took me no more than 45 minutes from start to finish.

Remember that a lot of steps here are only relevant to me like my area and you can change things to your preferences.

Here's my FAQ regarding cable boxes which you may find useful > http://www.techkings.org/threads/faq-should-i-buy-a-cable-box.126162/

Last edited:
Now, you need to sort your EPG so, press the Portal button on remote and go down to EPG Importer and press OK - As I have my ABM set to scan at 5am, I set EPG Importer to run at 5.30am at the Automatic Start Time part...

SQATsaz.jpg

You will now need to select your import sources for the EPG - The standard ones should already be set but I find that the V*rgin EPG doesn't populate that well so I have an extra sources file which goes into ROOT > ETC > EPGIMPORT ... if you're interested in this, here it is...
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/9gxvyxGf/file.html

Once you've put this into the folder as mentioned above, click on BLUE for Sources then scroll across to Rytec UK XMLTV (S*y) and Rytec V*rgin UK XMLTV - these should be selected by default - if you're not using the SATELLITE part of the box, you can remove the Rytec UK XMLTV one. If you carry on to the end of the list - you'll see the extra sources file we added called "Vermin UK Cable" - tick this and click GREEN to save. You can now push the YELLOW button to manually start the scan - with using all 3 of the sources files, it scans around 250k listings and takes around 10-15 minutes to do. Once it's done, your EPG should now be populated fully (or as much as possible).

GZBWBRT.jpg

I like to have more than 8 rows of channels showing in the EPG - I prefer 12 so on the screen above, you can hit MENU and scroll down to Number of rows and change this to 12 then hit GREEN to save.

qOoYqHe.jpg

You will now have 12 rows in your EPG:

9G4iaBP.jpg

Note: I did this part before running EPG Importer hence why some info is missing on the screen shot above.

This is now fully set up - this took me no more than 45 minutes from start to finish.

Remember that a lot of steps here are only relevant to me like my area and you can change things to your preferences.

Here's my FAQ regarding cable boxes which you may find useful > http://www.techkings.org/threads/faq-should-i-buy-a-cable-box.126162/

Hi There,
Many thanks for your step by step tutorial, very helpful and easy to follow. I recently had to reflash my H2H as it got stuck in boot mode and my provider was next to useless in helping me get back up and running. Do you have any tutorials on getting IPTV back up and running? I already have a subscrition so just need to know how to get it back on the box and validate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hi There,
Many thanks for your step by step tutorial, very helpful and easy to follow. I recently had to reflash my H2H as it got stuck in boot mode and my provider was next to useless in helping me get back up and running. Do you have any tutorials on getting IPTV back up and running? I already have a subscrition so just need to know how to get it back on the box and validate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

No, I don't use IPTV - check the IPTV section.

Hi

Thanks for this. I have followed it done to a tee and got my box working. Just a quick question. I am yet to input my line therefore is it right to say that I should only get channels 1 to 5. For example itv2 does not work

Hi

Thanks for this. I have followed it done to a tee and got my box working. Just a quick question. I am yet to input my line therefore is it right to say that I should only get channels 1 to 5. For example itv2 does not work

1-5 sd only will clear, when the line is added your others will clear

Hi

Yes - as Gary said, only the SD versions of channels 1-5 will clear without a cable line on the box. Once you've added your line in the correct format to the correct location on the box, select the cam relevant to the line you're using then press the green button to start it and if all has been done right, the rest of the channels will clear within a few seconds of pressing the green button.

Hi guys thanks for this. So I've got my line but it's been given to me as n: ...............u know the format. How do a save this so I can then input into the zgemma. And what name and file type do I save it as. I have noticed that the line could be added the following ways
1. Laptop via zgemma, root, use, keys
2. Firezilla.
3. Usb. Which is probably my preferred method after seeing it don't on YouTube.
What would be the best and easiest way to get the line added.

By the way it's a zgemma h2h on vermin cable only

if you can use FileZilla that would be better, host = ip of the box...user = user....password = password.....ok on quick connect and all the files are there.

you can add the N: line details into the CCcam.cfg file which is located in usr/keys/ and restart cccam in softcams

or

you can change the N: to CWS = LINE details and add this into the newcamd.list and restart mgcam 1.38 in softcams

I always use option 1, it's so simple to do - FileZilla is unnecessary if you can access the box via network.

Here's a blank newcamd.list file > http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/gblmI4er/file.html

Just remove the N: and put the rest after the CWS = ... makes sure there's a space between the = and the start of your line.

If it doesn't work that way you could put it in a CCcam.cfg file but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Hey guys this is being a nightmare. Gonna leave it and try tomorrow with a clear head. Thanks for all ur help so far. Quick question. Do I need to change the softcams to 1.38r then into the line

Hi ste

Finally got it working. When I was saving the newcamd it was saving as a text file type and not list. Used your download. Connected it via network. I.e laptop into zgemma root usr keys. Then went into my zgemma and changed the softcams to mgcamd 1.38r like ur earlier post said. And it started. One last question how do I change the name of the box

Back