My radiators get hot when I run the hot water taps ? is that right or something wrong ?

@dougy b and any of the other forum users that are chatting in this thread too.

The new boiler fitted is this one >> Worcester greenstar 30i erp

And in the hall there is the thermostat which is this one here >> Worcester MT10RF

I am just off the phone to Worcester tech support and they said that without a proper Worcester Comfort 1 or Comfort 2 programmer installed on the actual boiler like I want, they said that the way it sounds like its installed just now does not comply with gas safe regulations as I should be able to turn my heating on/off at the boiler with a proper programmer instead of the only way I can do it just now which is to turn the hallway thermostat down to zero and up to 21c etc if I want the heating off/on etc, they said that does not comply with gas safe regulations.

So does this basically mean I have the contractor by the short and curleys so to speak as they never fitted the proper programmer and it does not comply with Gas Safe regulations as things stand, that's from the horses mouth, the manufacturer ???, I'm guessing there is less chance of them telling lies than the poxy contractor that fitted the boiler in first place.

I asked them why they don't sell the boilers with these programmers already fitted onto them, he said that is just the way Worcester has always sold their boilers, they require another part at extra cost to add onto it too like I just explained, I don't even think that make sense either ffs, lol, that sounds like selling a car that doesn't have an button/key to start the engine, lol, it does though doesn't it man ? sounds crazy man :unsure:
is yours a combi or a system boiler

is yours a combi or a system boiler

Combi mate, sorry for the delay in answering back by the way, my fault :( , you would have been quicker just googling the model number that I have already posted and you would have seen it was a combi mate, but no harm done, it's a Gas Combi Boiler mate. :)

Combi mate, sorry for the delay in answering back by the way, my fault :( , you would have been quicker just googling the model number that I have already posted and you would have seen it was a combi mate, but no harm done, it's a Gas Combi Boiler mate. :)
hi sorry when you said you wanted your heating on but your hot water off I thought you had a system boiler, the trouble with the clock you have you cant turn it off that's the idea of comfort {daytime} and economy for {night} low temp setting if you change your programmer for the one I told you about all you have to do is swop the receiver on the boiler for the new one put batterys in the programmer turn the power on to your boiler and let them sync and away you go

go on ebay heres the part number to stick in the search bar 252424900393, this is the one I fit there great value for money

Screw it man, lol, I contacted Gas Safe today and they said the regulations that Worcster boilers mentioned and I think it was @steptoe maybe too, those regulations don't apply to Scotland, only England and Wales, so I'm stuck with what I have or I will need to purchase another programmer myself, I'm kinda skint at the moment, so I shall just leave it for a while and if it keeps driving me off my head I will then defo buy the programmer and fit the fckr myself man :) Oh well, so much for me thinking that the contractor were just lying scumbags, turns out what they have fitted and the parts too are perfectly fine and don't break any regulations, that's a bummer man, oh well, lol

Screw it man, lol, I contacted Gas Safe today and they said the regulations that Worcster boilers mentioned and I think it was @steptoe maybe too, those regulations don't apply to Scotland, only England and Wales, so I'm stuck with what I have or I will need to purchase another programmer myself, I'm kinda skint at the moment, so I shall just leave it for a while and if it keeps driving me off my head I will then defo buy the programmer and fit the fckr myself man :) Oh well, so much for me thinking that the contractor were just lying scumbags, turns out what they have fitted and the parts too are perfectly fine and don't break any regulations, that's a bummer man, oh well, lol
Ok mate, I have surplus to requirements a horstmann Centaurplus C17 timer, (I've actually got 4 of them in the shed , lol )
It won't change the temp for you automatically, but it will turn the existing thermostat on and off for 3 timed periods each day, and can change these times for each day of the week,38570 ie, set it to auto off during the night and/or through the day if the house is empty and it will automatically turn your stat back on before you get up in the morning, or home from work.
I can stick it in a jiffy bag to you this weekend for a forum or charity donation when you have funds available.
Dead easy to wire in to your boiler, or RF receiver unit of your existing stat.

Back