My radiators get hot when I run the hot water taps ? is that right or something wrong ?

That's how mine is or I can manually switch it to just hot water or have heating timed off or constant on the boiler it's self or if like me and can't be arsed with going to kitchen just turn thermostat up to 20 and heating kicks in then bazk to 0 heating off that's on a potterton boiler only thing is my thermasta wired to electric then to boiler no batteries in mine lol

That sounds about normal, you turn your stat up for heating, down for no heat, whats the problem,?

first in my life ive heard of doing it that way mate, for decades the combi boilers i have had you simply have the main thermostat on the wall in the hall set to 21c (or whatever heat you like), then you never need to touch that again, it was always a case of just switching the heating on and off at the boiler, simple as that, but now I can't do that, this doesn't even allow me to programme it to come on and off at certain times of the day like my old one did, surely thats not right ?

according to the instructions manual it says I need an optional programmer panel :rage:

see the manual here in the attachment >>

p.s, all my radiators have their own control knob valve thermostat things you turn up and down to whatever heat you require etc, therefore I shouldn't have to keep going back and forward to the thermostat in the hallway to get my disered heat, its nuts man, well i think so anyway :)

Attachments

• Greenstar_i_Combi_ErP_Operating_Instructions.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
may be i'm just over reacting but to me its like taking a leap backwards in time in tecchknwoldgy man :( (sorry for bad grammer, I cant see the writing or keys properly as my glasses are broke man)

the exact model of boiler is a worcester greenstar 30i erp

but the fcker doesnt have any control panel to switch the heating on and off that i can see on the boiler, looks like a big blank space where the programmer should be which is really annoyoying.

even the old one that it replaced was better than this shet man as things stand just now, yes the boiler works fine but if i want my heating switched on I need to go into my hallway and turn up the thermostat wall control to like 21c so that the radiators come on, then if I want the heating/radiators off I have to go back into the hallway and turn the dial down to zero, i just feel thats not right man :rage:

is there any way at all i can do the same thing switching the heating on and off from the main boiler ? I have looked but cant figure it out, its doing my nut in man

the installer said thats just how it is and he also added that it cant be run from a phone app or anything like that either which is fine as i dont have a mobile fone but the mrs does, but even she hates the whole thing and is also very confused with it all :rage:
you can get a wirless programable room stat you can walk round the house with it you get the clock part and a receiver you put next to your boiler hard wired to your boiler so I think your engineers talking crap ,put it this way even b gas use them and there shit anyway but if you cant find some one to fit you one bg will do it at a price

first in my life ive heard of doing it that way mate, for decades the combi boilers i have had you simply have the main thermostat on the wall in the hall set to 21c (or whatever heat you like), then you never need to touch that again, it was always a case of just switching the heating on and off at the boiler, simple as that, but now I can't do that, this doesn't even allow me to programme it to come on and off at certain times of the day like my old one did, surely thats not right ?

according to the instructions manual it says I need an optional programmer panel :rage:

see the manual here in the attachment >>

p.s, all my radiators have their own control knob valve thermostat things you turn up and down to whatever heat you require etc, therefore I shouldn't have to keep going back and forward to the thermostat in the hallway to get my disered heat, its nuts man, well i think so anyway :)
plum centre do one there about £80 but you can set your on off times and you can override it by pressing a button simple

Just had a look at your thermostat and it’s an expensive bit of kit , you can set times for heating to come on and off , slide cover off the clock to reveal pins to set on and off times. See here.

Just had a look at your thermostat and it’s an expensive bit of kit , you can set times for heating to come on and off , slide cover off the clock to reveal pins to set on and off times. See here.
you don't want that bit of s**t have a look at Honeywell programable room stat on ebay make sure you put Honeywell theres loads on there new and old

do a google search look for tradepoint they have salus one,s on there websight but make sure you check it comes with a receiver they also do these roomstats which the receiver will fit into the space were you would put a clock might be a bit dearer but if you have to get a spark involved it could work out cheaper

sorry mate whilst I still remember PLUMBASE has these wireless programable room stat that will fit your boiler there easy to install if you can puttea in your mouth then theres no problem

sorry pal I appear to talking to 2 people about 2 different problems
may be i'm just over reacting but to me its like taking a leap backwards in time in tecchknwoldgy man :( (sorry for bad grammer, I cant see the writing or keys properly as my glasses are broke man)
is your boiler heating up the rads when you run the hot tap

hi you can get a very similar roomstat with receiver for about £75 that's the one I used to fit because if you fit a programable room stat that was difficult to setup I was allways going back out to reset them

My radiators get hot when I run the hot water taps even though I don't have the heating switched on ? is that right or is something wrong ?

I have a Gas Combi Boiler for my heating and hot water, approx 10 years old.

Any radiators that are left in the on position at their thermostat valve controls ( they are usually left turned up full for when I do switch the heating on), the radiators get hot when I run the hot water taps in the house without the heating being switched on as I stated, I have noticed this for a long time and thought it was normal but as summer approaches again I would rather not be cooked in the house every time I need to wash or take a bath etc, the only way I can get this to stop happening when I run hot water is to manually go around the whole house and turn all the thermostat control valves off on each radiator which as you can imagine is a total pain in the neck.

Can anyone in the know about these things please let me know what they think thanks guys ?
wot make of boiler do you have ,yes the hotwater works on mains pressure but they have restictors fitted in the pipe work

hi you can get a very similar roomstat with receiver for about £75 that's the one I used to fit because if you fit a programable room stat that was difficult to setup I was allways going back out to reset them
have a look on ebay theres the very thing you wont here is the item number 252424900393 so you want RT510EX AND THE RECEICVER IS RXWBC605 349.00

Back