Nagra 3 Explained in Layman's terms

apparently on some other forum, germany are claiming that nagra 3 has been hacked and working, typical germans lol

Just read this post and it made me smile ... Apples and subtraction :grin:

No such thing as Nagra3 in fact it's the "scene" that dubbed kudelskis update N3...

Kudelski just updates the system; the ROM180 is just an update - that's all an update.

Can you glitch a ROM180 - fault the cam ? Yup you sure can; it's what you do when you fault it that is the challenge ; RAM is very much looked at by the clk cycle and zeroed on fault to stop a payload - well try and stop the exe.

Again what does our payload do ? I mean zero Bugcatchers to enable BD open ?

the new system has 2 or 3 challenges ; a "variable" clk cycle that makes faulting the cam in the same place challenging. Also how can we write a payload or overload without knowing the addressing ? Do we zero Bugcatchers ? Well the new system as more than 1 set if BC tables -- but tier systems and codespace nay well be similar. Also tiers may also be very similar.

I wonder is there a gaping hole in the encryption?? ... Well yes would be a good guess..

mr_spark

Good explanation.

Since your post in 2009, it is now 2016, still no official N3 hack/fix, but as Sky have problems replacing EVERY old SD box, they will have a long way to go before they can turn off every channel on SD.
Unless they replace everyones box for free with a HD one, but that is not going to happen.

Also Sly and Virmin is NOT free using these methods, you still got to buy a box, line, feed and water it to get a good service, yes you save a lot of money, but not free.

Back