nagra 3: is there a solution?

:beg:please does anyone know is n3 is near breakin or we all doomed?

were doomed

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

will the hd7000 work in nagra3 anyone know

Last edited by a moderator:
hey hash, nothing will break n3, and when a fix is found, noone knows what boxes will work then

hey hash70 tone down the language if you dont mind, as for n3 no one knows if it can be hacked and even if it could a fix for any box wont be around for a long time yet, probably years, there are 3 things that can be done, 2 of which im not gonna mention because if you know your stuff you will already know wot they are, and the the other is take out a subscription

large companies loosing money,on certain boxes, will pay for a fix to be found,when and where, we will just have to wait,prob be brought forward,if and when n3 starts uk wide.......

Agreed Micky unfortunately IPTV seems the to be the ultimate aim for VM in UK especially with the tie up with Cisco, puzzled about the Yorkshire trial though.:bang head:

Agreed Micky unfortunately IPTV seems the to be the ultimate aim for VM in UK especially with the tie up with Cisco, puzzled about the Yorkshire trial though.:bang head:

im probably way off here but i think Sky is trying to pressure VM into N3, Sky dont want anyone watching any of their channels for free so for VM to want to show Sky channels as part of their tv packages then they will have to show Sky that they are serious about changing from the encryption N1 to N3 but VM not wanting to be bullied by Sky will probably test N3 then scrap it for their prefered choice IPTV. VM know that it will only be a matter of time before N3 is cracked and will be looking towards switching to a system that is almost certainly unhackable..... just my view and as i said im probably way off, wot do you guys think?

im probably way off here but i think Sky is trying to pressure VM into N3, Sky dont want anyone watching any of their channels for free so for VM to want to show Sky channels as part of their tv packages then they will have to show Sky that they are serious about changing from the encryption N1 to N3 but VM not wanting to be bullied by Sky will probably test N3 then scrap it for their prefered choice IPTV. VM know that it will only be a matter of time before N3 is cracked and will be looking towards switching to a system that is almost certainly unhackable..... just my view and as i said im probably way off, wot do you guys think?

You are probably way off, but credits to the thinking, i like what you've come up with. (y)lol.

N3 has been hacked but the door is shut quite firmly once the hack hits the web. iptv has been done as well, im hoping vm go the iptv way. as far as iv read it seems the easier option.(y)

yes dan, as soon as sly get wind of a hack they send out new cards, as iv read peeps have it hacked but its an in house secret, iv done alot of reading on the subject and understans 10% lol.

yes dan, as soon as sly get wind of a hack they send out new cards, as iv read peeps have it hacked but its an in house secret, iv done alot of reading on the subject and understans 10% lol.

Ahh, so its going this way now lol, hmm maybe these cracks wont be as effecient as Nagra 2 then?

sky pressure

over here in the south of ireland the main provider upc were also put under pressure by sky to stop the thief of service. reckon it could be years before things get any better , sure enough hard times ahead.
was good while it lasted :whistling:

if vm do go that way its in the intrest of certain companys to band together to find the solution, either N3 or iptv, nowt will happen till england goes down, then its going to take a while.

have to agree dee, it will take the uk to go down before the hacking community get to working on this seriously, as they dont sell all that many boxes to the republic of ireland in the great big scheme of things.
great while it lasted, and this community probably wouldn't have met if it weren't for the FTA boxes

N3 apparently has been hacked but N3 is still in the testing stage so to speak and a final hack/crack wont be worked on untill a final N3 Europe wide rollout and when the crack has been found there wont be a public release for quite a few years, i still think VM will go down the IPTV route tho

Back