Need a box like sly+ hd that needs just a coax cable and dish to work as work on a ship is there anything out there

Need help looking for a box which is similr to sly+ hd which only needs the coax cble and dish to work. I work on ship and was going to take my sly hd with me but i recently changed to sly q.

Are you going to be out at sea most the time or close to shore where you have a phone signal? If you are close to shore and have a phone signal then you can look at card sharing or iptv. Does you sky q no longer have a card and has to be tied to your home internet? Is the dish pointing at 28.2e or can it be at other providers on other satellites.

Are you going to be out at sea most the time or close to shore where you have a phone signal? If you are close to shore and have a phone signal then you can look at card sharing or iptv. Does you sky q no longer have a card and has to be tied to your home internet? Is the dish pointing at 28.2e or can it be at other providers on other satellites.
I will be out at sea , and i have sky q now in house so my sky hd has now been cut off. The dish on ship is pointing 28.2 e. I can probably take the sky hd with me but only get freeview channel but i want sports etc .

Are you sure it is a dish pointing at 28 on the ship,?
Bearing in mind a ship is constantly moving I doubt very much that is the case.
I would have thought it uses repeater satellites

Im sure it does, we get all the free to air channels onboard and comes up with the astra channel list etc ?
It will do, but, I'm fairly sure it works of repeater satellites like the phones,
Remember, moving a dish 10mm down here is moving it miles in space.

Im sure its through the kvh satelite we have for internet and channels

Theres couple of guys onboard who use there sly+hd boxes who have kept there hd packages and not moves to the sly q boxes

Im sure its through the kvh satelite we have for internet and channels
That sounds more probable,
Don't know if CS would work via that or not, and, most sports are now dark on 28e except for BT and a few others, no official sly channels

That sounds more probable,
Don't know if CS would work via that or not, and, most sports are now dark on 28e except for BT and a few others, no official sly channels
No problem so basically gubbed then haha should have kept my sly hd package then and wouldnt have problem damn!!!

Skygo uses the internet so i would guess there would not be much of a signal far out at sea. You would need to download lots of stuff before heading out i guess.

Skygo uses the internet so i would guess there would not be much of a signal far out at sea. You would need to download lots of stuff before heading out i guess.
The ship will have an internet repeater that works via satellite.

The ship will have an internet repeater that works via satellite.
But using skygo will use loads and loads of data do you think they will offer unlimited data via the repeater?? I would have thought data would of been limited. If they have unlimited data then iptv is a go.

But using skygo will use loads and loads of data do you think they will offer unlimited data via the repeater?? I would have thought data would of been limited. If they have unlimited data then iptv is a go.
Good point,
I've no idea, but, assuming the OP is crew, it may be different for them.

Back