Need help with H2H Set up _ Belfast

amazon mike

Hey guys I'm in need of some help with an issue

zgemma h2h with just virmin everything running fine until yesterday now only bbc1, UTV and virmin preview are coming through every other channel is black and sometimes 70-80% black and pixelated.
ive now tried the box in 3 different houses with all live virmin feeds and bb with same results.
I did notice in tuner config that provider id was all 0's and have now changed this and still nothing.
I have tried reflashing, tried both wired and wireless, no joy. I ran iptv and it worked fine through xtreamtv app.
ive now run out off ideas other than that virmin are having some tv issues in the area but another user just a few streets away is working fine and on same server, and everyone else on same server not having issues either.
Openatv 5.6 with slyk virmin skin
virmin bb installed and cable got from another engineer along with splitter
6db attenuator connector to modem but attenuator is connected to splitter in other house and neither worked

sorry for long post just trying to be detailed

Last edited:
What about the FTA channels? I don't think there are any FTA channels in Ireland...

What splitter, and what coaxial cables? Have you loosened everything, and tightened it back up again?

Only vm preview bbc1 and utv are working every other channel the signal jumps 57-0.

Cables are direct from virmin in all 3 houses tested including splitters and yeah everything has been loosened then tightened up correctly

It's set for virmin only so even freeview come through from serve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct provider has been set to 00021 for belfast automatic scan will find 105 channels with even the 1s found come through black and the odd pixelation happens every few sesonds
Abm finds 386 video and 37 radio

Yes it is indeed running mgcamd 1.38r1 have even tested on wooshbuild editing his files with correct cws lines in newcamd
When mgcamd is stopped the working channels stop

Yea ste manual scan won't find a thing with user defined with sr 06952 and 64-256QAM and predefined

think I've tried almost every setting but open to suggestions

It's just that i've heard a lot of people having this issue using an automatic scan rather than scanning through autobouquetsmaker.

Anno mate I'm running a few complete scans now the 1 running is set in tuner config using cablebruteforce with 00021 and it's just finished with 0 channels found going to try now with vm uk

hi mate i had the same issue last week on my venton, autoboquet scan kept syaing tune failed fatal. i reflashed with vix4e2 project and worked fine after that.

Last edited:
Personally, i'd just re-flash Wooshbuild and change nothing in tuner config apart from making sure your area id is present and correct then run a scan with ABM. If you're not using the satellite tuner on the H2.H you will need to disable this in tuner config though because if you don't then this will also give you the tune failed fatal error when scanning with ABM.

Personally, i'd just re-flash Wooshbuild and change nothing in tuner config apart from making sure your area id is present and correct then run a scan with ABM. If you're not using the satellite tuner on the H2.H you will need to disable this in tuner config though because if you don't then this will also give you the tune failed fatal error.
i agree mate reflash!

Il give it a go ste the box was working fine for a month then just started all this. I've set up a ton of these h2h with my own backup image with openatv and settings and they've all worked and still are. It's literally just this box not playing ball

It's running complete scan now on vm uk and it's been sitting at 38% with no channels found for about 20mins

Going to try and reflash wooshbuild now mate it's still sitting at 38% with 0 channels for over an hour now.
Really think there's a tuner issue

Just reflashed again with wooshbuild openatv 6 and did what ste said changed provider Id only and scanned with abm with 386 video and 37 radio and only vm preview bbc1 and utv working all others signal is jumping 57-0

You've got the correct amount of channels then so that's good but if most are fluctuating on the signal and network id is right and all cabling is good quality gear then this would lead me to believe it's a tuner fault too. Can you not get your hands on another box to test in your home?

No mate but I've a TiVo box there I'm going to pull out and just double check but it's been that way in 3 different houses

Back