New Octagon SX88

I saw the feature list and thought "not interested if there's no E2!", but at that price it's not bad at all!

It's also tiny... Could probably sneak one in without the boss even noticing ;-)

Nah, it's not running enigma2 so it stays as-is. Having said that it doesn't look as horrific as some other custom interfaces I've seen.

Now wondering whether to buy an Edision Mega + one of these rather than an SF4008.

Nah, it's not running enigma2 so it stays as-is. Having said that it doesn't look as horrific as some other custom interfaces I've seen.

Now wondering whether to buy an Edision Mega + one of these rather than an SF4008.
Shame you can't put image on them They look ok plus with lnb feed on it and what you can have on it to what Willo3092 posted iptv kodi and remaining c/s channels if possible going to see if i can find a tutorial about them for an indepth look at them

I've got the Mega too (surprise, surprise). Great box and the 3rd tuner supports sat, cable and terrestrial so you could have triple sat tuners. Also supports Kodi if it's still worth bothering with.
I just use it to scrape the movies and TV on my NAS now although the enigma2 MovieBrowser plugin does much the same thing.

My indecision is killing me. Part of me thinks "futureproof, buy what you won't want to replace for a while" which leads to a DVB-S2X / Multistream box. But annoyed at the lack of blind scan on the 4008 and the memory "issue". 4K isn't actually important for me right now as I use a projector, and decent priced 4K projectors are still a while away! I run Kodi on a Pi3 so not a primary concern, but there's a lot of bang-for-buck on the Edision.

Hmmm.

Have you considered the Xtrend ET8500? Supports 4 tuners and the first 2 are included in the price for £149.

Hmm, another option to add to the mix. That's one crazy-ass looking box! Think the concern I'd have with that one is the CPU speed - "only" 1.3Ghz compared to 1.7Ghz on the SF4008. I think I need to stop looking ;-)

Back