nline oscam - what next

kidder78

Received a line (test at moment) haven't got a clue what to do with it in oscam webui.

Any help please. I have server, port, user and pass.

Carried out a scan on tvheadend on WETEK Open elec.

Any help would be greatfull.

Thanks

Hi kidder78,

where did you get the line. I have a wetek play with tvheadend/scam on Openelec and looking to learn a bit about this too. pm me if possible.

Received a line (test at moment) haven't got a clue what to do with it in oscam webui.

Thanks

HI,
Did you get this sorted? As I only use oscam and can help if needed
cheers

Thanks

HI,
Did you get this sorted? As I only use oscam and can help if needed
cheers

Hi gmangt4. I have managed to get a 24 hour test but appears to be setup for CCam or newcamd. Are you able to convert this for use with Oscam?

Hi longbo I did get it sorted, and know how to convert to oscam. At work just note but could talk you through it as I was lost as well!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Hi kidder78, I am at work too lol lol. Would be great if you can point me in the right direction. Would be much appreciated.

I keep thinking about converting my nline to oscam but always shy away and seems confusing. I'll keep an eye on this topic ;)

Cheers Boob :) My line is pretty good as it is I think and when it's frozen I've blamed my internet but think i'll try this! :)

Cheers Boob :) My line is pretty good as it is I think and when it's frozen I've blamed my internet but think i'll try this! :)

One benefit of Oscam ive noticed is if you have 2 lines you can edit the Oscam.server file on your box (Zgemma in my case) to add both lines and when viewing scrambled channels you can monitor it switching to the quickest ecm line at that particular time

That's interesting. I forgot I read about that on here. Yeah well I've a backup line and use a Zgemma too. Any advice re setting it up for 2 lines?

That's interesting. I forgot I read about that on here. Yeah well I've a backup line and use a Zgemma too. Any advice re setting it up for 2 lines?

So if you enter the first server details into OSCam as per the PDF above, then FTP into your box and go to /etc/tuxbox/config and open the oscam.server file (I use Notepad++ to edit) you will see you line details look something like this:

[reader]
label = my n line
enable = 1
protocol = newcamd
device = myserver.homelinux.com,12000
account = username
password = password
cccversion = 2.0.11
cccmaxhops = 3 # dont use higher than 3 !!!
group = 1
inactivitytimeout = 1
reconnecttimeout = 30
keepalive = 1

So cut and paste the whole section directly below it (so you have another [reader] and all the details exactly the same) and edit them to your second line, then save and ftp back to the box, job done!

For those who have oscam softcam what's so different compared to other softcams? I just figured oscam to complicated to set up.

Back