GrogBuild No GrogBuild after flash

I don't think we need a post mortem, just initalise the usb and run the command line again, takes 10 minutes.
Initialised usb , (. was looking for Mount manager ) didnt see it , been a while but am sure it used to ask to mount after initialisation .
Anyway , ran the script agin , "succesfully flashed box will reboot ib 3secs " , box didn't reboot am still looking at a freeview channel in openatv.

I don't think we need a post mortem, just initalise the usb and run the command line again, takes 10 minutes.
you're right but trying to figure out at what stage it failed, if it flashed the box then he must have an initialised usb as the atv image would have been stored on it.

Initialised usb , (. was looking for Mount manager ) didnt see it , been a while but am sure it used to ask to mount after initialisation .
Anyway , ran the script agin , "succesfully flashed box will reboot ib 3secs " , box didn't reboot am still looking at a freeview channel in openatv.
what freeview channel? can you post a picture?

If existing Freeview channels still working the flash failed, the files weren't downloaded because the usb isn't recognised

actually it formats usb device 100% then screen goes back to live tv , think it should have showed me it mounting ?

actually it formats usb device 100% then screen goes back to live tv , think it should have showed me it mounting ?
so what are you on at the moment if openatv just press blue button then go to mounts\ device manager and you will see if it is mounted.

I don't bother mounting, just initalise and away you go.
If it's initialised it will be visible when you go to menu, setup, system, storage devices.
If it's not showing there, or if storage devices isn't listed it's not being seen by the box

I don't know about ATV but if you flash ViX via script to a partition other than the current one, you need to reboot to the new image manually with multiboot manager.

I don't know about ATV but if you flash ViX via script to a partition other than the current one, you need to reboot to the new image manually with multiboot manager.
I suspect it's a multiboot issue but I don't have a multiboot box so not too sure how it works

OK tx , So I deleted the 3 unused slots and then reran script and chose empty slot 1.
Process finished , box did not reboot , slot 1 now listed as Openatv 6.4
Chose slot1 to restart from.
No sign of Grog skin :unsure:
Will go back and try yours Willo.
Whoa , hold the fort.
There's a monkey laughing at me.
I went into multiboot selector and flashed from slot 1. Box switched off but didn't reboot , so I turned it off and back on using power button and it has restarted with groggs.
Thanks Wilo for A pointing me at that selector in start up section and B explaining that the skin/ would still show as openatv in the slot.

Last edited:
Looking at above pic , the script is flashing openatv and not grogs
It's not flashing anything, those images are from 6th and 7th August, if it had flashed today, one of them would have been 08/08
Edit.
Just checked nightly builds, last one was 07/08 so not been one today.

Is it asking which partition?
Does it ask about satellite, Freeview and IPTV?

It's not flashing anything, those images are from 6th and 7th August, if it had flashed today, one of them would have been 08/08
Edit.
Just checked nightly builds, last one was 07/08 so not been one today.

Is it asking which partition?
Does it ask about satellite, Freeview and IPTV?
Its on mate thanks for input.

Back