no heating

dee

TK Veteran
as title says the heater is not working, thermostate or any thing easier. rover 25 2001 diesel. cheers all for any help.(y)

as title says the heater is not working, thermostate or any thing easier. rover 25 2001 diesel. cheers all for any help.(y)

Hi dee is it a case that the blower is not working or is it that the blower is working but just putting out cold air ?

give the rubber water hoses a squeeze are they crackly pointing to a problem it had overheated sometime and rusty sediment has entered the heater matrix,is the water in the expansion bottle clean or dirty,or worse oily sludge.:attention:

sorry,i posted to this the other day but i guess it didnt take. couple of questions.what does the temp gauge read? if it reads low and you have no heat look at the thermostat.if the temp reads normal feel the two heater hoses going into your heater core.they should both be hot.if not the core is plugged.if the hoses are hot and still no heat then your controls ie blend door could be at fault.post back with all the info on year make model and what kind of heater system it has.is it air conditioned? if so what kind. sorry,more questions than answers right now,but with this info i can probably search it in my online repair program.cheers al.

soz gents for not getting back. just cold air coming out moh. temp gauge normal aldan.
i will check the water bottle as soon as it stops pissin down cat. does`nt seem to be stuck indianaking.:)

hey dee.check both heater hoses going to the heater.they both should be hot.if not it is a control problem.post back exact model and what kind of system it is.ie auto or manual.maybe i can find a troubleshooting tree to figure it out. al.

hey dee,sounds like a control problem.im in canada so dont have this on my database.its likely whats called a blend door motor problem.this is what controls the heat into your cab.its probably a vacuum or electrical motor that opens this door.when i said manual or auto i meant your heater a/c system.lol.if anyone over there has a diagram?

Is this something that happened gradually over time or did it occur instantly out of the blue?

If the hoses entering the heater rad (in bulkhead under dash) it's unlikely to be the stat, it the the stat was jammed you would probably overheat?

-

out of the blue G it started after i had a new power steering pump fitted, the engine was lifted out to do the job as it was the only way to get to the bloody thing.
get plenty of cold air threw though. lol

Last edited:
Well that's an important detail you should have put into the original post :grin:

The engine was lifted?

Any chance one of the hoses got kinked during that operation?

-

Last edited:
i did`nt do it G was taken to a garage. i can have a look when the other gets home.

Do that dee & go back to the garage & tell them you have no heat since they fitted the power steering unit.

We can't be having you cold now can we?

Maybe you should trade for one of these? :)

[YOUTUBE]nTDNLUzjkpg[/YOUTUBE]

-

I would agree with you Gman it looks now that some damage may have occurred during the lifting process,the below could have got damaged just a suggestion dee.

C&P

Heater Resistor Pack. Consisting of 3 open coil wire resistors that sit in the heater ducting and are cooled by the forced air movement through the air duct. These resistor coils become brittle and break.

cheers G moh, il need some snow first G don`t get much in cambridge lol. il give the fella a call on monday.

Back