No Picon in info channel info window Willobuild SlyQ-1080 Skin

You still have two picon folders .
< 28.6046> 21:12:25.4462 [PiconLocator] adding path: /usr/share/enigma2/picon/
< 28.6838> 21:12:25.5254 [PiconLocator] adding path: /media/hdd/picon/
Please only use one. Delete the one you don't want.

I note you have bouquets by LraiZer's plugin. Are you also using the picon linking function in that plugin.

Sorry , I should have said to open infobar before you get debug log.

EDIT: Picon paths added above.
Error still here:
< 37.7973> 21:12:34.6389 cannot identify image file '/media/hdd/picon/itvgranadahd.png'
< 37.7974> 21:12:34.6390 [Picon] Bad picon file?: /media/hdd/picon/itvgranadahd.png
< 37.8005> 21:12:34.6420 cannot identify image file '/media/hdd/picon/itvgranadahd.png'
< 37.8006> 21:12:34.6421 [Picon] Bad picon file?: /media/hdd/picon/itvgranadahd.png

So, my advice is:
1. Delete the following folder /usr/share/enigma2/picon/
2. Uninstall the picons using plugin menu
3. Ensure that /media/hdd/picon/ has been removed by stage 2
4. Do not use Dsayers picon plugin for now. Do not use Lriazer's plugin for now ( if you are using it)
5. Install a 220 x 132 picon pack from the plugin server. Select internal flash memory as the location
6. Restart
7. Access infobar again
8. Upload debug log if problem persists

I hope alternate advice by others is held off until you try the above.

Last edited:

I note you have bouquets by LraiZer's plugin. Are you also using the picon linking function in that plugin.

Error still here:
< 37.7973> 21:12:34.6389 cannot identify image file '/media/hdd/picon/itvgranadahd.png'
< 37.7974> 21:12:34.6390 [Picon] Bad picon file?: /media/hdd/picon/itvgranadahd.png
< 37.8005> 21:12:34.6420 cannot identify image file '/media/hdd/picon/itvgranadahd.png'
< 37.8006> 21:12:34.6421 [Picon] Bad picon file?: /media/hdd/picon/itvgranadahd.png

So, my advice is:
4. Do not use Dsayers picon plugin for now. Do not use Lriazer's plugin for now ( if you are using it)
5. Install a 220 x 132 picon pack from the plugin server. Select internal flash memory as the location
6. Restart
7. Access infobar again

Thanks
For some strange reason I keep deleting one of the picon folders and it keeps coming back.

Thanks for taking the time to give such a helpful detailed post, I will take time to go through it today and give it the attention it deserves, will let you know Abu, thanks again

Thanks
For some strange reason I keep deleting one of the picon folders and it keeps coming back.

Thanks for taking the time to give such a helpful detailed post, I will take time to go through it today and give it the attention it deserves, will let you know Abu, thanks again
In stage 2 you say use plugin menu to uninstall picons, had a look but can't find where to do this do I need to download a picon uninstall programme?

Error still here:

So, my advice is:
6. Restart
7. Access infobar again

Ok Abu,

LOG attached

I have gone through steps 1 to 8 exactly as you described however wasnt sure what to do in step 2 as couldnt see what process was available to uninstall picons in plugin menu, however in step 3 I manually found /media/hdd/picon/ and deleted myself

I did a reboot after getting to step 6 and unfortunately still no joy

PS: Not sure what Lriazer's plugin is I haven't intentionally installed that plugin and cant see it anywhere.

I certainly wont follow any other advice from other users as welcome as it is, until we have explored your tips.....otherwise we will all go dizzy :-)

Many thanks

Attachments

• Enigma2_debug_2022-04-02_09-48-32.rar
    20.2 KB · Views: 2

Error still here:

So, my advice is:
6. Restart
7. Access infobar again

Hi Abu, Further to my earlier reply when I asked about step 2, Dsayer saw my post and kindly gave info on how I performed that step.

So I was able to follow all the steps to the letter but sadly still no joy, really appreciate all the help you guys are giving, very much appreciated.

Here is the latest log file attached

Attachments

• Enigma2_debug_2022-04-02_11-56-29.rar
    21.9 KB · Views: 3
Thanks. You only have on picon location now. This is a valid/correct location. (The code checks several locations)
< 29.5555> 11:56:32.2899 [PiconLocator] adding path: /picon/

We have now ruled out any issues with your storage device (hdd)

We have also ruled out any issues with the picon files as You have installed the same ones as others.

You are still having this issue
< 38.6436> 11:56:41.3780 cannot identify image file '/picon/bbconehd.png'
< 38.6437> 11:56:41.3781 [Picon] Bad picon file?: /picon/bbconehd.png
< 38.6468> 11:56:41.3812 cannot identify image file '/picon/bbconehd.png'
< 38.6469> 11:56:41.3813 [Picon] Bad picon file?: /picon/bbconehd.png

Can you confirm that you are using the 220 x 132 picons?
Do you get the same problem with another skin, say simple 1080?

Thanks. You only have on picon location now. This is a valid/correct location. (The code checks several locations)
< 29.5555> 11:56:32.2899 [PiconLocator] adding path: /picon/

We have now ruled out any issues with your storage device (hdd)

We have also ruled out any issues with the picon files as You have installed the same ones as others.

You are still having this issue
< 38.6436> 11:56:41.3780 cannot identify image file '/picon/bbconehd.png'
< 38.6437> 11:56:41.3781 [Picon] Bad picon file?: /picon/bbconehd.png
< 38.6468> 11:56:41.3812 cannot identify image file '/picon/bbconehd.png'
< 38.6469> 11:56:41.3813 [Picon] Bad picon file?: /picon/bbconehd.png

Can you confirm that you are using the 220 x 132 picons?
Do you get the same problem with another skin, say simple 1080?
Hi Abu,

Tried the simple 1080 just now and no different, and yes can confirm I am using 220 x 132 picons.

I seem to remember trying another skin before I posted my original post, and that made no difference either.

Its a tough nut to crack this one isn't it :-)

Cheers mate

There must be some sort of corruption.

Your box has multiple boot slots. Can we install/flash 6.0 008 into another slot and restore settings/plugins after it reboots. Should take you no more than 10 minutes to get back to a working state. Your original image in the current slot will not be affected.

If you agree,
Menu > Setup > Vix > Image Manager

To download image
Yellow (downloads) > Select OpenViX> 6.0 (for now) and OK to exapnd > Highlight 6.0 008 and press OK and confirm, it will download

To install/flash image
Select/Highlight the desired image > Blue (flash)
Select the slot you want to flash the image into. (Do not overwrite the current slot)

A settings backup will be made by default (this is not an image backup)

After it reboots, you will be prompted to restore settings and plugins, say yes to both.

Your box has multiple boot slots. Can we install/flash 6.0 008 into another slot and restore settings/plugins after it reboots. Should take you no more than 10 minutes to get back to a working state. Your original image in the current slot will not be affected.

If you agree,

To download image
Yellow (downloads) > Select OpenViX> 6.0 (for now) and OK to exapnd > Highlight 6.0 008 and press OK and confirm, it will download

To install/flash image
Select the slot you want to flash the image into. (Do not overwrite the current slot)

After it reboots, you will be prompted to restore settings and plugins, say yes to both.
Thanks Abu, yes willing to give it a try given all the effort you have put in, this will be the least I can do.

Thanks for the instructions I will let you know.

Cheers

If you agree,

To download image

To install/flash image

OK, well I think there maybe progress I ve followed your instructions and it has now rebooted, I don't have any Picons in EPG and the info bar now shows SkyQ where the picon should go, my guess is as soon as Picons are reinstalled the SkyQ in info bar will be replaced by the channel Picon.

I didn't want to go past your instructions until I reported back to you, how should I install Picons please?....maybe like you suggested before from the plugins 220 x 132 picons pack? I will wait for you to let me know mate

Cheers

Last edited:
Please install the 220x132 picons from the plugin feeds
Menu > Plugins > Green ( download) > Picons > Select the ones you want > Select internal memory when it asks you > restart after

Please install the 220x132 picons from the plugin feeds
Menu > Plugins > Green ( download) > Picons > Select the ones you want > Select internal memory when it asks you > restart after
Abu....you're a star my friend, all working great now thanks, I owe you one mate!

Now that I have 2 slots, with old corrupt system on dlot q and new working system on slot 2, is there any way to clean up, such as moving slot 2 system to slot 1.....just to cure my OCD :-)

Thanks for all your time

Well done.

The slots/partitions have always been there. With hardware multiboot receivers such as your H7, you have an option to have different images in different slots/partitions and you can boot into them. Say testing/experimenting etc.

I don't know if there is a way to delete the contents of a partition. I could never get a straight answer. So if anybody knows, then I would be grateful for easy to follow instructions. The only way I know is to flash an image by USB which will flash the image on the first partition and the others will be wiped. The partitions will still be there. I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe when Willo goes to 6.1, you can flash that into slot 1?

Well done.

The slots/partitions have always been there. With hardware multiboot receivers such as your H7, you have an option to have different images in different slots/partitions and you can boot into them. Say testing/experimenting etc.

I don't know if there is a way to delete the contents of a partition. I could never get a straight answer. So if anybody knows, then I would be grateful for easy to follow instructions. The only way I know is to flash an image by USB which will flash the image on the first partition and the others will be wiped. The partitions will still be there. I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe when Willo goes to 6.1, you can flash that into slot 1?
Thanks Abu, that all makes good sense, and I never knew until today that there were all those partitions available on the H7s

I guess could be great way of trying other images.

Thanks again for all your great help and time, heavily indebted to you, have a great weekend Mr guru :-)

Back