NowTV - how far behind “live”?

r786

Hi guys, evaluating nowtv for the new season through talktalk, anyone know how far behind live it is? (skysports) I used days passes about couple of years back and it was over 40 secs, have they cut the gap now?
Thanks in advance

On my eldest sons box its about the same 30 -40 sec delay and its put down to how the stream is re encoded back to the box etc im afraid (n)

Even sky go has a big delay, between a min and 2 minutes. I'm able to watch iptv with less delay and that's a legit sub, so I'm guessing now tv would be roughly the same

nothing on any tv platform is live, ever.

if it is important that you get "live" data i'd say that it would be quicker to get it from internet sources rather than a tv stream or sat/cable feed.

what is it you are looking for that needs to be as close to live as possible?

nothing on any tv platform is live, ever.

if it is important that you get "live" data i'd say that it would be quicker to get it from internet sources rather than a tv stream or sat/cable feed.

what is it you are looking for that needs to be as close to live as possible?
The footy mate

Even sky go has a big delay, between a min and 2 minutes. I'm able to watch iptv with less delay and that's a legit sub, so I'm guessing now tv would be roughly the same
Yeah thats useless really isnt it, some streams nowadays are really good quality and less behind than that

This thread comes up at the odd time and it’s a gambling thing I think
Your never going to get anything live unless you in the grounds of the event

Even when watching sky on satellite I think has to be 10 seconds behind the stadium incase they need to pull away just like all events. The bookies always have someone at the games, hence why you look at inplay on bet365 for example they are slightly ahead

The closest to ‘live’ your going to get at the minute would be a live satellite feed. Would need a motorised dish as they can appear all over the arc. For football though I would say that extra couple of seconds shouldn’t really matter if you are looking at it from a betting perspective.

If betting/trading on the exchange it is usually horse racing meetings where people go all out to get that extra 1/2 second advantage.

In terms of just generally watching the game, then as said above NTV/S GO will always be behind because of how the stream is processed and re-encoded.

This thread comes up at the odd time and it’s a gambling thing I think
Your never going to get anything live unless you in the grounds of the event

when i mean live, i mean like you would get through a normal sky dish or virgin media connection, anything more than 20 secs i do not consider it being live personally

when i mean live, i mean like you would get through a normal sky dish or virgin media connection, anything more than 20 secs i do not consider it being live personally

The media would call that live and they are the ones who call it live
Think you need to get one to them and tell them to change it. Personally you find it miss leading
Then why not get sky or virgin then. If 20secs is to much for you

why do we people watch the football live? odd question - for entertainment. when i mean live - i mean like you would get through a normal sky or virgin media feed - 5/6 seconds behind or whatever
as said before. no football on any tv platform is "live"

what i was getting at is there any particular reason you need it to be as close to live as possible?

a minute behind or so has no effect on me whilst watching any "live" football on tv.

they all vary whether it's the HD feed or SD version the speed of the box too. Just sit back and enjoy the game, if it's betting maybe radio might be faster!

Back