Nvidia shield Vs older firestick 4k max

Shield > firestick. I'm pretty sure a new shield is due soon. £60 is still pricey, I'd get a Chromecast with Android TV.
Chromecasts are pretty good - I have a few. However, they struggle with some apps like implayer when you try the hardware decoding options (or whatever it is called).

The current shield uses the same processor as the nintendo switch, so I think (personal opinion) that we won't see a new one until a year or two after there is a new nintendo switch. Plus, there's no real reason for Nvidia to release one yet, it's still the best box on the market and seems to be selling well at this price point.

They seem to release a new version 4-5years.
Chromecasts are pretty good - I have a few. However, they struggle with some apps like implayer when you try the hardware decoding options (or whatever it is called).

The current shield uses the same processor as the nintendo switch, so I think (personal opinion) that we won't see a new one until a year or two after there is a new nintendo switch. Plus, there's no real reason for Nvidia to release one yet, it's still the best box on the market and seems to be selling well at this price point.

They seem to release a new version 4-5years.
of the switch or the shield?

no news on a new switch

the NVidia shield was every 2 years before - but like I said, there's no real need to upgrade it yet...

Well shield is normally ahead of the market in terms hardware. The shield was more intended for the gaming market however they seem to be cutting back on things and making it more in line with a steaming box.

I think it is a risk getting a box with a dedicated app unless you have been with your supplier for a while.

You can't compare amiko, firesticks and chrome casts to a sheild in all reality.

I know wayfair you used to be able yo get a discount on a sheild with your first order.

I have had mine a while and never had any issues

I have the latest cube, only reason i bought it i won £80 on footie 2 weeks afer it was released so like hell £40 for new cube why not, i had it for a year, what i am trying to get what others think of it, i don't think much better than the max was, like to know what others think new cube..

I have the latest cube, only reason i bought it i won £80 on footie 2 weeks afer it was released so like hell £40 for new cube why not, i had it for a year, what i am trying to get what others think of it, i don't think much better than the max was, like to know what others think new cube..
I think basicly they just have more memory than a 4k max.

Obviously a enthernet port etc. But overall I think they are OK.

Not sure which Cube you mean? The new one has never been on sale for £40 more like £109 when discounted!
I have the old one Alexa controlled Which is good as a back up for my Shield

Not sure which Cube you mean? The new one has never been on sale for £40 more like £109 when discounted!
I have the old one Alexa controlled Which is good as a back up for my Shield
Christ they ate £140 when not discounted I wouldn't pay that

I won £80 on the football and they were selling them on black friday last year for sure was £119 so £80 and £40 comes to £119 so it was like i only paid 40 , does that make sense..

yes i never got the cube for £40 i won £79 and few penny on the football, so i added my own £40 so it was like i only paid £40 , i am thick as 2 short planks, and i can undersand that..lol

yes i never got the cube for £40 i won £79 and few penny on the football, so i added my own £40 so it was like i only paid £40 , i am thick as 2 short planks, and i can undersand that..lol

Makes perfect sense mate. Well done on the win, nice to only have to dip into your own pocket for £40 towards the cube.

The reason i told the story, in first place i like buy something when i win rather piss up wall, i would not bought it if i never won, i was just wondering what others think of the latest cube, i still use mine, but i don't see anything special, is it miles ahead max i am not so sure, i have not tried latest 16gb one, just curious what others thought the newest cube. should never told the story why bought it..ha ha..

, just curious what others thought the newest cube. should never told the story why bought it..ha ha..
My thoughts

£40 is a decent price for the cube, even though the ethernet is capped at 100m

The cube at £119

vince-mc-mahon-falling-in-chair.gif

One thing I think they could do better with the cube is to give it a better remote than the stick - premium price for the device but you get the same remote as you do with a firestick lite.

Back