Open ATV 6.4: Windows 10 laptop to Zgemma H2s access

there was a thread on this some were and you had to go into your box and in root password you had to delete one of the characters think it was an x then when you put a new password in it would work done it on my lads box but i have tried to look for the thread but can not find it

there does appear to be an issue.

I had a VU Uno 4k and a zgemma h52tc both on atv 6.3 and on the h52tc I could browse and play recordings that where stored on the VU+ Uno

I updateed the VU to ATV 6.4 this morning and now the h52tc can't see it, even you add the username/password to the mount. If I run a network browser scan the zgemma does not even detect the VU. Go into expert mode and enter the VU IP address and you can browse it, mount the hdd on the h52tc but when you restart the h52tc it looses it.

I am now upgrading the h52tc to 6.4 to see if that works

this is what i was on about willow put it on a while ago and it worked perfect on my lads box cheers willow
tried that, logged out of putty and back in and still prompted for password.

OK given up for now, Open ATV have a habbit of changing things and breaking them.

No matter what I tried, with ATV 6.4 on both boxes, the H52tc could not access the files on the VU+ hard drive. I tried all of the different 'mount using' options, both 'Mount type' options and with/without username/password and nothing worked.

I reflashed the VU with ATV 6.3 and now all is good, the H52tc (still with 6.4 installed) can now access the files on the VU+ box.

after you delete the x restart box then you have to go to network on your box and put a fresh password in and save then wehen you use web if terminal are puty put the password in and even if you dont see it on screen just press enter and it should work

Images built on OA-E 4.4 branch must have a password set. There is no way round it.
My previous method probably doesn't work because it won't give you access to a box without a password.
You need to delete the old password and then set another one.

You may be able to set the password from putty using the passwd command. I don't know though, haven't tried it.

Last edited:
there was a thread on this some were and you had to go into your box and in root password you had to delete one of the characters think it was an x then when you put a new password in it would work done it on my lads box but i have tried to look for the thread but can not find it
Hi
I don't recall that
Sorry
D

I have a VU solo 4k (openatv 6.4), a zgemma h2s (openatv 6.3),and a PC all using lan cables on a network. All can see and use files in all units except the zgemma h2s which does not show the VU in a network scan and therefore can not play any files on the VU. The zgemma can play files on the PC and OpenWebif can access both boxs from my PC. Can anybody help please.
Did you ever solve this, I have 2 boxes, zgemma has had 6.4 on for a while, the VU 6.3 and the zgemma could see the VU and mount the hdd, I've reflashed the Vu with 6.4 and now the zgemma can't see it, even if I enter the vu ip address in network browser expert mode, it basically forces it to add the mount to fstab etc BUT when the network restarts, the VU hdd is not mounted on the zgemma

Go into Mount Manager and see if the mount is listed.
I find that the mount is listed and there is a little red cross on the left icon.
Press okay and overwrite the existing mount and it should work. (CIPS)

Did you ever solve this, I have 2 boxes, zgemma has had 6.4 on for a while, the VU 6.3 and the zgemma could see the VU and mount the hdd, I've reflashed the Vu with 6.4 and now the zgemma can't see it, even if I enter the vu ip address in network browser expert mode, it basically forces it to add the mount to fstab etc BUT when the network restarts, the VU hdd is not mounted on the zgemma
Hi
Yes I did by setting up a new password

This was my query. "I have a VU solo 4k (openatv 6.4), a zgemma h2s (openatv 6.4),and a PC all using lan cables on a network. All can see and use files in all units except the zgemma h2s which does not show the VU in a network scan and therefore can not play any files on the VU. The zgemma can play files on the PC and OpenWebif can access both boxs from my PC"

After trying everything, I could not get it to work so I did a clean openatv 6.3 flash on the VU. Now the zgemma can play VU files and the PC files. The zgemma can be accessed from the PC but the VU can not access the Zgemma, but as the Zgemma only has a pendrive it is not important. Thanks for the help.

Back