Open ATV 6.4: Windows 10 laptop to Zgemma H2s access

This was my query. "I have a VU solo 4k (openatv 6.4), a zgemma h2s (openatv 6.4),and a PC all using lan cables on a network. All can see and use files in all units except the zgemma h2s which does not show the VU in a network scan and therefore can not play any files on the VU. The zgemma can play files on the PC and OpenWebif can access both boxs from my PC"

After trying everything, I could not get it to work so I did a clean openatv 6.3 flash on the VU. Now the zgemma can play VU files and the PC files. The zgemma can be accessed from the PC but the VU can not access the Zgemma, but as the Zgemma only has a pendrive it is not important. Thanks for the help.
I had to ignore the network settings and manually add the mount to me boxes as it is not working in ATV 6.4

On the box which has the files you want to play (the VU?) you need to create the file /etc/exports and put the following in it:

Code:
/media/hdd 192.168.0.0/24(rw,no_root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)
This assumes that your internal network is on 192.168.0 class. if your internal ip's are in a different class then adjust the above.
Now on the box you wish to watch the files on (the zgemma) add the following line to the /etc/fstab file
Code:
192.168.0.4:/media/hdd  /media/net/vu        nfs     rw,nfsvers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,proto=tcp,timeo=14,soft      0 0
The ip address above is the ip address of the box you want to access (vu) followed by the path to its hdd, the second is the path to the 'share' folder on the box wanting to view the files (zgemma), the rest of the line keep the same. you also need to create the 'share' folder so in above you need to create the folder /media/net/vu

Now you need to restart both boxes.

Now on the zgemma, if you browse to /media/net/vu you should see all of the files on the hdd of your vu solo. You can browse to /media/net/vu/movie to see all the recordings stored on the vu.

Last edited:
ok maybe not, just checked on my h52tc and indeed when browsing the box from laptop it asks for username/password and normal root doesn't work
hi ive had this same issue iam using a h7c couldn't access the box via filezilla after i upgraded to 6.4 on the grogbuild flash ive sorted that problem now using the info provided with password but for some reason it will not let me install xstreamtv onto the box via putty if i revert back to atv 6.3 it will install immediately but then ive got no image except the basic the only reason i upgraded to 6.4 was my box got stuck on a boot loop 49 is there a open atv 6.3 fully loaded image i could use ? thanks in advance

What error are you getting when trying to install it?
Have you checked that it's not already installed?
Is it not available from plugins downloads?

So what error do you get when installing it?
How are you installing it? Sending the ipk to .tmp then installing via remote?

try the opkg command without the -force-overwrite option. It's not liking it looking at the error message in your screenshot

y
try the opkg command without the -force-overwrite option. It's not liking it looking at the error message in your screenshot
grog you are correct thankyou it installed but i now have access denied on the screen which normally only happens when the line runs out but i know theres a few months on there and the server cant be down my other box is working fine its almost like its being blocked

putty copy and paste the tx normally works never had a problem with it until it installed atv 6.4
The password you created on the box has to be used in putty or filezilla before you can do anything like this.

Check the box is connected to internet do a network test and see if you get all green ticks

works in filezilla putty just was doing what i showed you i tried what grog said xstream tv installed but it dont work the cws works fine on there its just this xstream tv

if i install basic atv 6.3 xstream tv loads into it perfectly and works but not on 6.4 what i want is a fully loaded image atv 6.3 so i can do a usb flash so i dont have to mess about with it or fix this one

... This is a requirement now of Open ATV after looking at the changelog. ...

Just a... side question: where did you find a changelog to look at?
I've been seeking OpenATV changelogs or "history" since 2018, willing to learn about changes from 6.2 to 6.3 to 6.4, but I never was able to find any.

I've been seeking OpenATV changelogs or "history" since 2018, willing to learn about changes from 6.2 to 6.3 to 6.4, but I never was able to find any.
Join the openatv forum

Hi
I am afraid I cannot remember where I saw the changelog
Sorry

Back