OpenATV Set Up Guide

Ive never used Vix but I can't imagine that it won't run ncam or oscam, maybe you need a different version, @Willo3092 will know
The octagon came with it preinstalled, once I got the hang of it, (still got atv 7.2 on a memory card) installed it on slot 2, working well now, just storing all my dish positions and what on each satellite, running oscam stable and ncam and cccam, all work well when selected

The octagon came with it preinstalled, once I got the hang of it, (still got atv 7.2 on a memory card) installed it on slot 2, working well now, just storing all my dish positions and what on each satellite, running oscam stable and ncam and cccam, all work well when selected
Better staying with atv if it's doing what you want it to

Vix softcams should be in download plugins, softcams
They were, downloaded them, showed in winscp, yet when selected on the box, said need to configure in tuxbox, so configured them as on my nano, yet kept coming up as needed to configure, cccam works OK,
Yet on openatv, configured exactly the same and they work

:ROFLMAO:

Im no vix man really arnt but i thought Vix was different in terms of where the configs go

/etc/tuxbox/config/ Is the normal location

But on VIX im sure the location is the name of the emu in use so as an example.

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-latest

I could be wrong, not my kind of image but try the above location.

:ROFLMAO:

Im no vix man really arnt but i thought Vix was different in terms of where the configs go

/etc/tuxbox/config/ Is the normal location

But on VIX im sure the location is the name of the emu in use so as an example.

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-latest

I could be wrong, not my kind of image but try the above location.
When I downloaded them, they automatically went into the tuxbox

When I downloaded them, they automatically went into the tuxbox
Was this from the Vix Feed ? Downloaded what Oscam or the configs ?

At the location /etc/tuxbox/config/ Do you have another folder in there named oscam-emu or oscam latest ?

Have you started Oscam on the vix image ? Is it reporting no configs found ?

Last edited:
Was this from the Vix Feed ? Downloaded what Oscam or the configs ?

At the location /etc/tuxbox/config/ Do you have another folder in there named oscam-emu or oscam latest ?

Have you start Oscam on the vix image ? Is it reporting no configs found ?
It was from the softcam feed in vix, showed up on winscp in tuxbox, configured it as I did on the nano 3t, went to start the cam and it said it needed to be configured in tuxbox, yet the computer showed it as there,
Installed open atv and setup the same and it worked straight away

It was from the softcam feed in vix, showed up on winscp in tuxbox, configured it as I did on the nano 3t, went to start the cam and it said it needed to be configured in tuxbox, yet the computer showed it as there,
Installed open atv and setup the same and it worked straight away
Different images one is superior :ROFLMAO:

In winsp look at the location /etc/tuxbox/config/ does it have a folder named oscam something in there ?

I need the answer to that to help you as i dont have vix installed on anything to check myself.

Different images one is superior :ROFLMAO:

In winsp look at the location /etc/tuxbox/config/ does it have a folder named oscam something in there ?

I need the answer to that to help you as i dont have vix installed on anything to check myself.
Just switched to vix and it shows ncam and oscam stable in /etc/tuxbox/config

The underlying issue is that people forget the compilation options used when compiling oscam. One option allows oscam to use the oscam-version specific location only and another option also allows the /etc/tuxbox one. The vix softcam manager is hard coded to check the tuxbox location. When the hi CPU usage was reported and the option to use the script control method was added to vix (like atv/pli) , the bitbake for openatv were used. Those require the oscam-version location. They do this so you can have different oscams for different packages And hey presto you have a mixup. Best to use the script control method in my opinion

If you start oscam by command line, it will tell you what is wrong.

for example (hopefull this is correct)
cd /usr/bin
./oscam-xxx

Back