Openbox V8s - HTTP Server Error

safe haven

Registered
Hi, I'm stumped with an HTTP Server Error every time I try to update the firmware via the network. I'm connected via ethernet and status shows as active with lights flashing on rear of openbox. I can't get anything related to internet working apart from one of the Internet TV Christian Religious Channels. I have the firmware installed that should allow me internet updates. I don't have a valid cline or gift etc - is that what the problem could be? I can't access xmltv program updates either. Help!

linesman66

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Hi, I'm stumped with an HTTP Server Error every time I try to update the firmware via the network. I'm connected via ethernet and status shows as active with lights flashing on rear of openbox. I can't get anything related to internet working apart from one of the Internet TV Christian Religious Channels. I have the firmware installed that should allow me internet updates. I don't have a valid cline or gift etc - is that what the problem could be? I can't access xmltv program updates either. Help!
Try rebooting your router >menu> network settings check Dhcp is on and applied >then try update by network

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

safe haven

Registered
Thanks for the suggestion linesman66, but still no luck. Restarted modem and openbox, checked DCHP is on. My software version is 3511hd_30_09_2015_0326.
How does the openbox know which server to connect to for firmware updates and for xmltv weekly listings? Perhaps I need to configure that somewhere?

mike142

TK Veteran
Hi, I don't use my V8s anymore but I've just tried it and it no longer connects to the server, xmltv doesn't work either.
You don't need a firmware update, my box has the same firmware.
If you want the remaning channels on 28E then you need a new line & new channel list.
Download the latest channel list here - http://cwaite.dyndns.tv/
Request a line here - http://www.techkings.org/threads/anyone-recommend-a-good-server-for-satellite-january-february-march-2018.136331/
Put them both on a usb and install them on the box.

Last edited:

safe haven

Registered
Thanks for replying Mike. I would however really like to get xmltv TV listings up and running again as it's the most convenient way to use the box for recording shows via a timer.

I assume if the server is not accessible for firmware updates then that's why I'm not able to access xmltv for a weekly TV listing refresh for my channels? I have a new line and also have set up my own channel list from the Astra satellite. The new line did not resolve the issue with server error or xmltv listing refresh. I have used different usb sticks, formatted as fat32. Help!

rs500nutter

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Just tried this on friends box and getting server error the same and dont think it has worked for a while now for some reason

safe haven

Registered
Thanks rs500nutter, that's useful to know.

Has anyone with an openbox v8s been able to access the server for a firmware update or to refresh Xmltv weekly TV listing? I'll have to find a way to manually refresh the listing via USB if that's possible.

shaffick

Registered
I have also noticed this. I honestly believe that this service is no longer supported and that the http link that is required to connect is no longer available. I can't prove this but am 95% certain that this is the case. I think since the whole C/S thing went into decline, the support followed.