Openbox V8s - HTTP Server Error

Hi, I'm stumped with an HTTP Server Error every time I try to update the firmware via the network. I'm connected via ethernet and status shows as active with lights flashing on rear of openbox. I can't get anything related to internet working apart from one of the Internet TV Christian Religious Channels. I have the firmware installed that should allow me internet updates. I don't have a valid cline or gift etc - is that what the problem could be? I can't access xmltv program updates either. Help!

Hi, I'm stumped with an HTTP Server Error every time I try to update the firmware via the network. I'm connected via ethernet and status shows as active with lights flashing on rear of openbox. I can't get anything related to internet working apart from one of the Internet TV Christian Religious Channels. I have the firmware installed that should allow me internet updates. I don't have a valid cline or gift etc - is that what the problem could be? I can't access xmltv program updates either. Help!
Try rebooting your router >menu> network settings check Dhcp is on and applied >then try update by network

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion linesman66, but still no luck. Restarted modem and openbox, checked DCHP is on. My software version is 3511hd_30_09_2015_0326.
How does the openbox know which server to connect to for firmware updates and for xmltv weekly listings? Perhaps I need to configure that somewhere?

Last edited:
Thanks for replying Mike. I would however really like to get xmltv TV listings up and running again as it's the most convenient way to use the box for recording shows via a timer.

I assume if the server is not accessible for firmware updates then that's why I'm not able to access xmltv for a weekly TV listing refresh for my channels? I have a new line and also have set up my own channel list from the Astra satellite. The new line did not resolve the issue with server error or xmltv listing refresh. I have used different usb sticks, formatted as fat32. Help!

Just tried this on friends box and getting server error the same and dont think it has worked for a while now for some reason

Thanks rs500nutter, that's useful to know.

Has anyone with an openbox v8s been able to access the server for a firmware update or to refresh Xmltv weekly TV listing? I'll have to find a way to manually refresh the listing via USB if that's possible.

I have also noticed this. I honestly believe that this service is no longer supported and that the http link that is required to connect is no longer available. I can't prove this but am 95% certain that this is the case. I think since the whole C/S thing went into decline, the support followed.

Back