OpenVPN no internet access using V*rgin Router

Hi,

This isn't urgent but just wondering if any has experienced the same issue.

My box runs Openvix and I have been using OpenVPN and PIA to route through Netherlands. This was working fine when using BT as my provider. I have changed since to VM and since the change I can't get any internet access with OpenVPN enable on the box. Only way to get internet access is to stop the OpenVPN service. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue with the VM router and had to disable any settings to get this to work?

The VPN still works through VM router when using the likes of laptop etc.

I would guess that you haven't configured the vpn on your box properly m8
The configuration shouldn't need to change just because the provider changed surely ? There is nothing in the config that is provider specific is there? It was working fine with bt but stopped on change to Virgin

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

WHat about changing it so it routes through the UK and see if you still have the same problem? Just wondering if the issue may be with going throuhg the Netherlands. Something to rule out at least.

WHat about changing it so it routes through the UK and see if you still have the same problem? Just wondering if the issue may be with going throuhg the Netherlands. Something to rule out at least.
I'll give it a go actually and see. Good idea.

Just got round to trying it with the UK file. It doesn't work either. The thing is I can see on openvpn that it connects so the setup is correct but I get zero internet connectivity. Could vm be blocking openvpn connections? Any one else got openvpn running on an enigma2 box who have vm internet

Pinched this from another site....

===========================================

"....When setting up a VPN, you can run into quite a few problems like what authentication it needs, which password do you use. If you are using a Virgin Media SuperHub you have the added challenge that by default your speedy SuperHub will block outgoing VPN traffic meaning that with all the correct details it just doesn't work. To fix this, just follow the below steps:

• Browse to your SuperHub's IP Address (e.g. 192.168.0.1) and log in
  • Select "Advanced Settings" and click "Yes" to confirm you want to view these
  • Select "Firewall" from the list
  • Tick "IPSec Pass-Through", "PPTP Pass-Through" and "Multicast Pass-Through" at the bottom of the page
  • Click "Yes" to confirm settings change
  • Try to connect your VPN again.
This allows the traffic through for VPN authentication and should now allow your VPN to connect as normal.

Source : http://community.virginmedia.com/t5...t-working-with-new-super-hub-box/td-p/2027284......"
==============================================================

Might work for you !?

Pinched this from another site....

===========================================

"....When setting up a VPN, you can run into quite a few problems like what authentication it needs, which password do you use. If you are using a Virgin Media SuperHub you have the added challenge that by default your speedy SuperHub will block outgoing VPN traffic meaning that with all the correct details it just doesn't work. To fix this, just follow the below steps:

• Browse to your SuperHub's IP Address (e.g. 192.168.0.1) and log in
  • Select "Advanced Settings" and click "Yes" to confirm you want to view these
  • Select "Firewall" from the list
  • Tick "IPSec Pass-Through", "PPTP Pass-Through" and "Multicast Pass-Through" at the bottom of the page
  • Click "Yes" to confirm settings change
  • Try to connect your VPN again.
This allows the traffic through for VPN authentication and should now allow your VPN to connect as normal.

Source : http://community.virginmedia.com/t5...t-working-with-new-super-hub-box/td-p/2027284......"
==============================================================

Might work for you !?
I have been looking for this on my super hub 3 but cant find the setting ! Here's a pic of the settings under advanced tab security firewall

9dce9929ed7862fb75a21021cf11447a.jpg

Just an update folks. I can confirm that these settings are not available in the super hub 3. Major oversight (or done intentionally) . They have known this issue since last year...the fix... put your router into modem mode and connect a third party router. Yes purchase your own router basically.

Just an update folks. I can confirm that these settings are not available in the super hub 3. Major oversight (or done intentionally) . They have known this issue since last year...the fix... put your router into modem mode and connect a third party router. Yes purchase your own router basically.

Hi,

It is most likely they have you on i IPV6. It was noted on an Irish forum recently that they needed to manually change someone back to IPV4 and the options needed to make VPN work came back.

I have the same issue no matter what openvpn I use I get no IP address on box on Virgin with hub 3 im not sure of the cause as I have had others test the same configs. Also I can use VPN on my laptop without issues. Luckily I dont suffer EPL block with one of my IPTV subs but do with others so its not a major issue.

I have the same issue no matter what openvpn I use I get no IP address on box on Virgin with hub 3 im not sure of the cause as I have had others test the same configs. Also I can use VPN on my laptop without issues. Luckily I dont suffer EPL block with one of my IPTV subs but do with others so its not a major issue.
On the old super hub there was a setting to enable pptp / lt2p . This fixed issues such as not allowing vpns to connect for people who use them in working environments. Potentially related.

My work vpn did not connect but I found a reg edit which I tried on my laptop which enables nat-t type connections and then allowed me to connect. Unfortunately I haven't managed to find a way around it for enigma 2 boxes to test and see if this is the same issue.

Back