Optus sport

Peacock is fantastic too - just doesn’t have all the games. Plus I am in a time zone where the Optus mini-matches are quite a good feature.

I still have both although think Optus will be getting the majority of the use this season

What’s the cheapest way to get Optus officially guys? (without using sites like shoppy) Is it around same price as Peacock?

No, it’s unfortunately more expensive now that the price has gone up. Now it’s 25 AUD/month (£14) or 199 AUD (£113) for the year.

Signup requires an Aussie phone number for an OTP but payment is straightforward. There are a couple of ways to get a virtual Aussie number, but that will add a bit of cost. I paid £15 for one at Zadarma, but there was a poster on the old thread that got it to work with a Lebara travel sim.

Nice mate, thanks for the info. £14 a month for only one device to watch at a time is a bit of a stinger! But I can see why the 50fps would make it worth it for some. What was the cost before? Still cheaper than Sky and has every game. If only Peacock had all games I would snap it up.

Looking like Vidio will be my main one for the moment. English commentary, 1080p, 2 device sharing. Just a shame it’s 25fps.

Nice mate, thanks for the info. £14 a month for only one device to watch at a time is a bit of a stinger! But I can see why the 50fps would make it worth it for some. What was the cost before? Still cheaper than Sky and has every game. If only Peacock had all games I would snap it up.

Looking like Vidio will be my main one for the moment. English commentary, 1080p, 2 device sharing. Just a shame it’s 25fps.
It was 15 AUD/month or 149 a year. I took out a year at the old price when they announced the price increase.

Hopefully there are cheaper 1080p/50fps options around by the time next season rolls around 🤞🏻

I hear you on Peacock though. That is a great place to start if you want high frame rates for EPL. Optus is not cheap, but not terrible either given you’re getting every EPL and La Liga game and a lot of international games too.

One cool thing I just noticed is that they have replays of shoulder content like post-match analysis, coach interviews, etc available in the match centres too for at least some games. Makes it possible to get the full replay experience as well as just the match

Last edited:
hm getlix worked ok yesterday and today on shield.
Can I ask, where are you located and which Getflix DNS servers do you use?

I'm wondering if there's an issue with one or two of their specific servers or if my ISP is blocking them!

The way i look at it is if Sky were to offer ALL 380 epl games for £15/month folk would bite your hand off............

Back