Paramount+ International

I successfully signed up to Paramount+ Mexico via the Google Play store, but wanted to see if I can save a bit by signing up to the service in Argentina instead.

When trying to sign up via the Android app with the VPN to Argentina (and after clearing cashes and un/re-installing the app) I keep getting pricing in USD. Very weird - the same method worked for Mexico.

Has anyone successfully managed to sign up for an Argentina account?

I successfully signed up to Paramount+ Mexico via the Google Play store, but wanted to see if I can save a bit by signing up to the service in Argentina instead.

When trying to sign up via the Android app with the VPN to Argentina (and after clearing cashes and un/re-installing the app) I keep getting pricing in USD. Very weird - the same method worked for Mexico.

What currency and price does it show the monthly sub as when it's the Mexican one? I've just signed up, started a free trial and then it's £6.99 a month but shows in pound sterling £

The Mexican one showed correctly in MXN and I am billed in MXN too.

Wondering if the Play store for Argentina just works on USD. I’ve seen this phenomena before with the Turkish Formula1 app where the website worked in TRY while the Play store only offered EUR.

That’s why I am asking in anyone has had success with the Argentinian sub - maybe it’s just not possible

Yeah apologies for jumping into the thread without being able to answer your question. Strange that my one appears to be in Mexican in every part of it except the currency.

Yeah apologies for jumping into the thread without being able to answer your question. Strange that my one appears to be in Mexican in every part of it except the currency.
I’ve had that happen too. Have you been trying to use a login you’ve created before? The site logs the country when the account is created, so if you created the account with the VPN off, it will continue to show GBP. Try uninstalling the app, turn on VPN, re-install app, then create a new account with a different email with the VPN on.

Time will tell, but I suspect you’ll be billed in GBP and have created a UK account rather than a MX one.

No previous account. I guess when the weekend comes the test will be if I can view games but it's almost definitely going to bill me in gpb when the trial ends as the play store subscription said £. Cheers for the reply.

No previous account. I guess when the weekend comes the test will be if I can view games but it's almost definitely going to bill me in gpb when the trial ends as the play store subscription said £. Cheers for the reply.
Can you see any of the Premier League content that’s already on site?

Even with an UK account you should be able to see the Mexican content via VPN - you’re just paying 2x - the Mexican Sub is £3/month.

My only concern is that all the Premier League content so far is with Spanish audio. I am a little sceptical about whether they will offer English comms. I fear their rights are only for Spanish language, but time will tell.

Last edited:
Can you see any of the Premier League content that’s already on site?

Even with an UK account you should be able to see the Mexican content - you’re just paying 2x - the Mexican Sub is £3/month.

My only concern is that all the Premier League content is with Spanish audio. I am a little sceptical about whether they will offer English comms. I fear their rights are only for Spanish language, but time will tell.

All EPL content there and all at UK times. I'll see what the weekend brings and cancel the trial either way if it's available for half the price.

Cleared cache on Google Play Store, turned vpn on to Mexico, downloaded app and signed up.

Screenshot_2022-08-03-15-32-36-74_29e28baf13e0055086a95689922a061f.jpg

Also very interested to hear how to sign up for an account via Argentina.

Good that you managed to create a Mexico account though as that’s still a great deal. Did you have to change anything with your Google account in order to do it? Thanks for the info. :)

Also very interested to hear how to sign up for an account via Argentina.

Good that you managed to create a Mexico account though as that’s still a great deal. Did you have to change anything with your Google account in order to do it? Thanks for the info. :)
I created a brand new Google account in the Gmail app. Turned on the VPN. Logged into the Play store with it and added card details and a fake Mexican billing address - at this point the account became associated with the Mexico Play store.

After that, and with the VPN still on, it was just to download the app from the Mexican Play store, sign up using the new Google accounts email address and pay in the app using the payment details I had already entered in the Play store.

I created a brand new Google account in the Gmail app. Turned on the VPN. Logged into the Play store with it and added card details and a fake Mexican billing address - at this point the account became associated with the Mexico Play store.

After that, and with the VPN still on, it was just to download the app from the Mexican Play store, sign up using the new Google accounts email address and pay in the app using the payment details I had already entered in the Play store.
Thanks for all that, it’s a great help. I might give it a go soon if I can’t find out how to sign up via Argentina. If I do find out I’ll make sure to share it in here.

Can you just use normal UK bank card with the Mexico Google account? Or need a international virtual card of some sort.

I found Windscribe and Paramount+ to be terrible on the firetv. Mexico , Australia all crap. I've seen people report issues of Paramount+ in general on fire tv. But just watch out for anyone trying to combine the two.

Thanks for all that, it’s a great help. I might give it a go soon if I can’t find out how to sign up via Argentina. If I do find out I’ll make sure to share it in here.

Can you just use normal UK bank card with the Mexico Google account? Or need a international virtual card of some sort.
I use a Revolut card to avoid international transaction fees, but it may work with other credit cards too. Unlike the Apple store, I don’t think the Play store checks country of issue

Its astonishing people going to all the lengths to save £3/month, just sign up for a UK account.......think of how much you saving compared to watching the limited games on Sky

Haha. That’s fair. To be honest it’s not thaaat much work. I think, for me at least, there’s a bit of sport in deploying those Sky savings towards getting as much good content as possible. So every little helps - Those £3/month can pay for an extra service 😉

Last edited:
I never managed to get the Paramount trick working - does it definitely work if you just buy a UK account and then switch on a VPN? Do Paramount show any other sports do we know?

On the Sky point, I suppose at least there are a range of sports, although I would never have paid £19.99 a month for it. Unfortunately, couldn’t jump on a shared account as £8 would’ve been nice.

I am 99.9% sure it’ll work as the international accounts are portable, but since I haven’t had a UK account I can’t guarantee it.

Mexico has EPL, Australia has FA Cup and a range of Aussie football, other than that I don’t know that they have a tonne of sports rights yet.

The American version has a bit more: Champions/Europa/Conference League, Serie A, golf, etc. However, unfortunately it’s an entirely separate sub than the international one.

If you want something with the majority of EPL games and other sports Peacock us a good choice. It has the rugby, cycling, golf, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: m4u
Yeah all the services will be overkill? Probably would need two which should cover most?

If you are ok with decent, but not first rate quality, I think Setanta might be the way to go. Should give you access to most things in one place.

If you want 1080p and 50/60 fps it becomes a little more complicated and which services are right for you depends on what sports are most important to you?

Reactions: m4u
I never managed to get the Paramount trick working - does it definitely work if you just buy a UK account and then switch on a VPN? Do Paramount show any other sports do we know?

On the Sky point, I suppose at least there are a range of sports, although I would never have paid £19.99 a month for it. Unfortunately, couldn’t jump on a shared account as £8 would’ve been nice.
Why don't you get a UK Paramount 7 day trial tomorrow and try out the vpn at no cost if it doesn't work!

Back