Philips sc201 code needed

Quote Originally Posted by berg07 View Post
Tried with ignition on too. No difference.
I see your showing safe 5
when number is below 10 you have to leave radio and ignition on until it allows you to enter code (not sure how long the wait will be)

Ok, I will try that. How do I know when it allows me to enter the code?

Quote Originally Posted by berg07 View Post
Tried with ignition on too. No difference.
I see your showing safe 5
when number is below 10 you have to leave radio and ignition on until it allows you to enter code (not sure how long the wait will be)

Ok, I will try that. How do I know when it allows me to enter the code?

it will display code

After a few long minutes of waiting in the car i manage to put the code..
It worked perfectly..
Thanks allot.. ;)

Exactly how long did you have to wait? My display shows "5 - - - -". I went for a 26 minutes long ride with the stereo on, but I still can't enter the my code.

---------- Post Merged at 11:11 PM ----------

To get round the time lock you'll need to leave radio powered on with the ignition key to accessory position until the display changes... allowing another code entry...

Does it work the same way if I keep the radio on while driving or should I just sit and wait with the key in the acc-position? My display shows "5 - - - -".

Exactly how long did you have to wait? My display shows "5 - - - -". I went for a 26 minutes long ride with the stereo on, but I still can't enter the my code.

---------- Post Merged at 11:11 PM ----------

To get round the time lock you'll need to leave radio powered on with the ignition key to accessory position until the display changes... allowing another code entry...

Does it work the same way if I keep the radio on while driving or should I just sit and wait with the key in the acc-position? My display shows "5 - - - -".

as long as radio is powered on it will be ok
the wait is generally proportion to the amount of wrong attempts, more wrong the longer the wait

as long as radio is powered on it will be ok
the wait is generally proportion to the amount of wrong attempts, more wrong the longer the wait

Radio now unlocked. Thank you very much!

Here's what I did:

1. Turned ignition to acc-position (dashboard warning lights come on)
2. Pushed and held "AS"-button while turning radio on. Display showed "safe" a few seconds. Afterwards it showed "5 - - - -".
3. Waited with ignition in acc-position for five minutes.
4. After five minutes I was able to enter to code. Entered the code given by aloysius and pressed and held "AS"-button until sound started coming from speakers.
5. Radio unlocked.

Now the problem is that the radio reception is real bad. But that's another issue...

Can't enter CODE

I have Philips SC 201
I can't enter the code. The only thing that appears on the display is SAFE. I tried - while holding the AS- button to turn on the radio, but nothing is done. What should i do to enter the CODE?
Thanks in advance.

Code Entry as Follows:
Turn Off Stereo
Switch On Ignition (No Need To Start Engine)
Switch Radio On - Display Shows
" SAFE " And Then Shows " 10 - - - - "
Press preset " 1 " repeatedly for 1st Digit
Press preset " 2 " repeatedly for 2nd Digit
Press preset " 3 " repeatedly for 3rd Digit
Press preset " 4 " repeatedly for 4th Digit
If the correct code number is now shown
Press & Hold Preset " AS " Until the Unit Beeps

Hey everybody, my name is Ramon and I recently bought an Opel Corsa-B. Now I'm on the journey of trying to get my radio to work, because I've been driving (even going on roadtrips) without music for too long! I don't know much about the radio, so here's what I do know:

It's an SC201. That's it :) What else do I need to know in order for you guys to be able to tell me what code I need to put in? And, where can I find the information?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it!

Hi Guys. I bought astra f, and my radio doesnt work, the control panel show safe, but doesnt give light. I think if i can write the code, it gonna be good.
My radio is: sc201,
s/n: gm0201s1715758
no: 90 381 124 (334)

Hi Guys. I bought astra f, and my radio doesnt work, the control panel show safe, but doesnt give light. I think if i can write the code, it gonna be good.
My radio is: sc201,
s/n: gm0201s1715758
no: 90 381 124 (334)

Hi

your code is 7571

Thank you so much ;)

---------- Post Merged at 02:40 PM ----------

okay, my radio is workin, but the control panel is dark. and i dont know why... any help pls ;)

Back