phoenix hd a850 setup.

Hi Guys,

I have an A850 box, however it has not been in use lately. The software is still on 1.02, from reading the forums I have read that I will be unable to do an internet upgrade. would someone be kind enough to give me the latest software so I can upgrade via USB.

Much Appreciated.

Hi Guys,

I have an A850 box, however it has not been in use lately. The software is still on 1.02, from reading the forums I have read that I will be unable to do an internet upgrade. would someone be kind enough to give me the latest software so I can upgrade via USB.

Much Appreciated.

Snap, i cant find where to locate the latest version. My unit used to check via the internet upgarde option in the menu but now it just hangs up and does nothing??

cheers

The latest version is 1.02.07 dated May 26 2014 and can be found in the downloads section

It always seems to hang now when you try and update via internet rather than saying "already updated". Check what version you are on in system information before you bother doing anything.
Try and update late at night it seems to work quicker.

The latest version is 1.02.07 dated May 26 2014 and can be found in the downloads section

It always seems to hang now when you try and update via internet rather than saying "already updated". Check what version you are on in system information before you bother doing anything.

cheers :-)

Re phoenix hd a850 setup.
I have just sent for one of these boxes since I cant get updates for my 750.
Can you please answer this question I have downloaded the latest rar firmware for the 850 and extracted it .
It comes in the form of two folders and when you open the first folder you get to see the second folder and inside is the img file.
My question is do I copy to my USB stick the two folders or just the img file ?

Hi from Page 1 this is what you said.
flashing the box

Please follow the instructions below

(1) Format a usb pen drive to FAT32 on your PC first

(2) Then get the file you have downloaded and copy it across to the usb then

(3) Turn the box off at the back and put the USB into the front of the box

(4) Then turn the power back on to the box when the box powers up go to the menu and select Software upgrade press ok

(5) Then allow the box to reboot, after that you will see the cable scan option just scan as with the older box
But I need to know if its just the img file or the two folders including the img file I need to copy to the USB

Last edited:
Hi, as a newbie to this I probably have not followed the process correctly. I've downloaded the rar on a USB and plugged this into the front of the box, turned off and on but I can't seem to load. What am I doing wrong?

Great thanks. I've got the software updated and cable re-scanned but still cannot get the channels, anything else I should have done?

I've read these posts but am being a bit dumb here. If the solution is that I need a line, can you direct me in simple language how I go about this as I'm still struggling to understand this next stage that I need to complete to get reconnected. Thanks:beg:

Back