PIA vpn on octagon sf8008 setup

@moshibeth, this ATV 6.4 was a fresh daily build. and only updated once, I have read here support will end for the stable 6.4.

So I have tried and installed ATV 7.2 on Multiboot, installed another Skin the Ekselance v.3.1 from 2022.
Will test and report back.
Thanks
Andrew
ATV fresh daily build and you have read support will end for openatv 6.4 it ended well before the beginning of the year along with support for openatv 7.1 only current openatv build is 7.2 as for skins forget that untill you get system up and running. Just get basic system up and running then do a full backup then start experimenting but keep making backups then you can go back in case of errors.

@ moshibeth,
well my friend that was a complete waste of time.
I removed one of my installed images from the multiboot to make room for a new image. Wanted to start from scratch with a fresh Installation. as you suggested.
Then i installed the ATV 7.2....Downloaded the latest version of this skin "enigma2-plugin-skins-ekselancexe-fhd-dragon-Py3_4.0_all"
Loaded settings with E-Channelizer and Set the Box up with my Customised, OSD Settings etc.. etc...
The Skins were a disaster and full of mistakes and missing functions, tried various others like.. "bluebird hd 0.3", "hdline-fhd super v.1.8," "Cino PLi FHD dated nov2022", just to name a few,
none of these worked well, even though they were listed as Py 3. Hanging when changing Channels. Wrong spelling for many functions. etc etc etc.......English mixed with Italian and Spanish.!!!
Little things like Weather, Second Info Line, Graphical EPG and so on did NOT work. Most of the Skins around are all from 2019/2020/2021/2022,very few, are updated to Py 3. and look really crappy.
The IPTV plugins have produced exact the same results, one thing that all this achieved was that the MULTI Boot crashed on activating, it was NOT possible to enter into MULTI-Boot mode
i had to resolve this at REAR, switch OFF, then while switching ON again at Rear and pressing Front Button together enter the RECO mode and then choose another partition
leaving the buggy ATV 7.2 alone. Have left the ATV 7.2 in MULTI-Boot partition 4 for future experimental purposes.
Reverted back to my ATV 6.4 with the Turbo skin. and at leats we watch TV.
Cheers I will wait until a Skinner takes pity on me and updates the Turbo to wotk on Py 3.
Andrew

@urie Thanks for that Buddy, will keep in mind

@ moshibeth,
well my friend that was a complete waste of time.
I removed one of my installed images from the multiboot to make room for a new image. Wanted to start from scratch with a fresh Installation. as you suggested.
Then i installed the ATV 7.2....Downloaded the latest version of this skin "enigma2-plugin-skins-ekselancexe-fhd-dragon-Py3_4.0_all"
Loaded settings with E-Channelizer and Set the Box up with my Customised, OSD Settings etc.. etc...
The Skins were a disaster and full of mistakes and missing functions, tried various others like.. "bluebird hd 0.3", "hdline-fhd super v.1.8," "Cino PLi FHD dated nov2022", just to name a few,
none of these worked well, even though they were listed as Py 3. Hanging when changing Channels. Wrong spelling for many functions. etc etc etc.......English mixed with Italian and Spanish.!!!
Little things like Weather, Second Info Line, Graphical EPG and so on did NOT work. Most of the Skins around are all from 2019/2020/2021/2022,very few, are updated to Py 3. and look really crappy.
The IPTV plugins have produced exact the same results, one thing that all this achieved was that the MULTI Boot crashed on activating, it was NOT possible to enter into MULTI-Boot mode
i had to resolve this at REAR, switch OFF, then while switching ON again at Rear and pressing Front Button together enter the RECO mode and then choose another partition
leaving the buggy ATV 7.2 alone. Have left the ATV 7.2 in MULTI-Boot partition 4 for future experimental purposes.
Reverted back to my ATV 6.4 with the Turbo skin. and at leats we watch TV.
Cheers I will wait until a Skinner takes pity on me and updates the Turbo to wotk on Py 3.
Andrew

@urie Thanks for that Buddy, will keep in mind
Use a skin from the plugin feed's they should work fine I have the octagon 8008 and flashed 4 different images all run perfectly fine so any issues point to the skin's you are using.

I will wait until a Skinner takes pity on me and updates the Turbo to wotk on Py 3.

I wouldn't hold your breath evil laugh.gif if the original skinner won't do it I can't see anyone else bothering.
If you're happy with ATV 6.4, it's still going to work for a long time yet I would think.

There are plenty of people who are in the same situation with the All4one IPTV plugin which can't be updated to py3.

I just use Blue Line OE4 ATV on ATV 7.2 and you can alter a few things to get it looking pretty good. Just depends what you are after. There are plenty of modded skins available if you look around.

Back