adrilang

Morning All
Hope I'm finding you well? Just a quick thing on picons for VM

Is anyone having trouble with picons in that they aren't all showing on Zgemma H.2H?

I have the picon packs, all was working perfectly for almost a year but I guess as frequencies change the picons disappear. my issue is because VM has now updated their sports channels inline with Sly along with some movie channels, I can no longer get picons to work for these channels.

Everytime I transfer them via FTP is say transfer error, critical cannot transfer to device....

currently using OPENATV 6 and VIX...
Any information would help.

thanks

Question - how can you be using OpenATV AND Vix?...

But yeah, the picons won't work if the channel names are different to what the picons are called.

Sorry my bad... I'm using openvix 6

Well the virgin channels have changed i.2 skysportsmainevent and the picon relates to the same but doesn't allow transfer or appear...

Same with Sky One and Sky Living as examples

Sorry my bad... I'm using openvix 6

Well the virgin channels have changed i.2 skysportsmainevent and the picon relates to the same but doesn't allow transfer or appear...

Same with Sky One and Sky Living as examples
Using a build or own image?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

using a build but modified the image to make screens etc look more like the supplier.... never had an issue until now...

exact info:

Virtuoso Image Xtreme
By Team VIX

Model: Zgemma H.2
Image: 6.0.0 Release
Skin: vskin-HD

V-Skin Bolt V1.016

Picon updater has been installed but doesn't make a difference, I encounter the same issue. in addition by installing picon updater, it doesn't create a "picon" folder It creates a SkyQ folder within USB and VAR folder but that's it,

It is ViX then. Zgemmas don't report the correct build info on the 'about' page because it's a patched image.
Sounds like it's an old build though, V-Skin bolt is now v2.05.
Have you considered updating the image and downloading a new picon pack?
It might be easier than trying to update your current picons.

thanks for the reply.

the image is new as its 6.0 however I used the settings from my original backup as its much easier than starting from scratch and less time consuming.

In anycase regardless of the build it seems strange the picons aren't working correctly?

Latest ViX image released yesterday was 5.0.032. (Yours is probably patched from ATV 6.0)
I would imagine the picons aren't working because of all the recent channel changes?
I update mine by putting the box on the channel without a picon and getting the channel id from openwebif.
I then copy the channel id from the openwebif page and rename the appropriate picon with it.

Ill take a look at your suggestion through openwebif, I'm not sure how to do this but will take a look.

ill keep all posted just in case anyone else has this issue.

many thanks

Last edited:
update.... all sorted, it seems on some I had a space in the naming of the picon i.e sk*sportsmaineventhd when it should be all without a space....

all sorted anyway, I now have a full set of working picons for vm

thanks for your assistance.

Back