Portugal Removed From "Green" Travel List

Those variants were only known about after the vaccine was made. That’s like saying why isn’t the flu jab from 1990 effective against viruses in circulation today…

Those variants were only known about after the vaccine was made. That’s like saying why isn’t the flu jab from 1990 effective against viruses in circulation today…
You seem very invested! Give me a break.

If they called the flu jab from 1990 a flu vaccine in 2021, then yes, it would be fine to point out to eejits treating it as something that meant they could act as if they are invincible that it isn't fully effective (though flu is not in the same league as Covid). By eejits I mean people running around the supermarket as if Covid is over (no masks, worse masks under their nose or top lip, around their necks or in their hand, no social distancing, etc.) - not anyone on here necessarily.

I'm not saying don't take the vaccine, more let's be realistic about the effectiveness.

It's nothing personal, I just think you're expecting too much from the vaccine.

The virus mutates each time it passes from person to person. There's been 175m confirmed covid-19 cases - those are the ones that have been fortunate to get a test.

Even if we ignore the people that have had covid but never got tested, that's still 175m mutations. I don't think any scientist no matter how smart they are could make a vaccine that covers everything. The more people that get vaccinated, the less transmission there is, and this lowers the number of mutations.

By eejits I mean people running around the supermarket as if Covid is over (no masks, worse masks under their nose or top lip, around their necks or in their hand, no social distancing, etc.) - not anyone on here necessarily.

That's more down to stupid politicians. Look back at last year, all of europe went into lockdown and our politicians told us to sing happy birthday when we was our hands - like who the f*** came up with that idea, probably some government goon that owned a hand wash company.

I would hate to think just where we would be without the Vaccine - locked down like we were last April with 1/2 a million deaths!?!?

I would hate to think just where we would be without the Vaccine - locked down like we were last April with 1/2 a million deaths!?!?

I think if a vaccine hadn't been sorted so quickly governments would have had to come up with a different approach and maybe shield only the vulnerable and elderly in order to bring an end to the lockdowns and get the economy moving again

Personally I don't think there would have been any solution other than Vaccine!
At the beginning the cut and paste brigade were locking the aged and vulnerable up, then herd immunity for the young and save the economy. ( Never would work)
The old and vulnerable in care were sold down the river by lack of aid PPE and the government and any sort planning,
Countries that seemed to do not so bad were the ones shutting there borders pretty quick New Zealand, Australia!
It's a good place to be in now with vaccine but a lot of people have been let down badly,!

Back