Portugal Removed From "Green" Travel List

My poor boss (lovely lady, a good friend as well as my boss) was due to fly Monday - because that flight still going (likely empty, just so that it can be full on the way back with people paying a fortune), she thinks she will get a voucher, not a refund. ☹️

Interesting idea the Gov moving goal posts so airlines keep our money & don't want our money the Gov already got! 🤔😂 I don't actually think it is true - I think they are heart scared of 'delta' (Indian variant mutation) - still trying to work out vaccine effectiveness on it - it seems to be more potent, both transmission & symptoms (which is rare - generally the more readily transmitted variants give weaker symptoms from what I read). Also heart scared of being accused of killing thousands - the fact "as Ireland closed schools in 2020, Britain held Cheltenham" should haunt Dougal (magic roundabout reference - don't you think Boris has a resemblance?)!

I think we've decided still to go, wife going to get another 7 days booked off at work so can self issolate.

I just downloaded the app, it verified my identity in a couple of minutes.

Managed to download a pdf of my vaccine record with one of those QR barcodes.

Edit: Barcode expires in 16 days time. So if you need a printed copy and are going away for longer than 16 days, you'd probably have to print one abroad.

I just downloaded the app, it verified my identity in a couple of minutes.

Managed to download a pdf of my vaccine record with one of those QR barcodes.

Edit: Barcode expires in 16 days time. So if you need a printed copy and are going away for longer than 16 days, you'd probably have to print one abroad.
I checked the app after seeing the link above, I think you can keep it on phone as long as they can scan the qr code so can open via the app at last minute but would plan to print it out day before travel just inn case

There are several planeloads of City supporters who have been instructed to self isolate pending two clear covid tests following the Champions League Final in Porto last Saturday.

Looks like I'll have to cancel my 2 week holiday to Afghanistan, doesn't it?
that taliban hotel doesnt deserve 5 stars

I think we've decided still to go, wife going to get another 7 days booked off at work so can self issolate.
You could get away with just isolating for 5 days if you pay for a test and the result comes back negative. If she tests positive, just ring in sick lol.

You could get away with just isolating for 5 days if you pay for a test and the result comes back negative. If she tests positive, just ring in sick lol.
thought about that but the cost of the test and she only works part time it would cost more than what she gets paid for the two work days it would save, better off taking the two extra workdays unpaid if needs be

Well, it says to me the UK government can't have much faith in these vaccinations if returning to the UK you still need to pay for tests and isolate/quarentine vaccinated or not.
Must be a real bummer for those that thought getting the jab would make them free lol

Well, it says to me the UK government can't have much faith in these vaccinations if returning to the UK you still need to pay for tests and isolate/quarentine vaccinated or not.
Must be a real bummer for those that thought getting the jab would make them free lol

Reading Cummings' revelations the other week, the government can't possibly have faith in anything that they do because they're just bluffing their way through it all with little planning and forethought.

The only solace in it for me is that the Gov seems to be being cautious - none of the heard immunity **** that killed goodness knows how many last year!

Was just reading up - seems that delta (Indian) variant is covered by vaccines (less so Pfizer), but the more folk get it, the more risk of a mutation that isn't - the Nepal mutation for instance is still TBC. 🙁

Reading Cummings' revelations the other week, the government can't possibly have faith in anything that they do because they're just bluffing their way through it all with little planning and forethought.
after the bull he came out with when was in number 10, not sure how much of what he says is fact. How can the man who was the cheif adviser blame everyone else for the decisions made when he was there?

after the bull he came out with when was in number 10, not sure how much of what he says is fact. How can the man who was the cheif adviser blame everyone else for the decisions made when he was there?

That's the problem isn't it. I'm inclined to think there's a lot of truth in it but unfortunately his motives for sharing the information leave it open to people disbelieving him.

Surely the data on hospital admissions and deaths over the period of mass vaccination program! Would tell anyone with a smidge of common sense that the jabs do set you free! and is the only way out, the travel thing will always be a problem as not many countries are as advanced in vaccination as us, I can't believe that there is still hesitancy in them, as the same people were saying lockdowns don't work! Something must be working

Surely the data on hospital admissions and deaths over the period of mass vaccination program! Would tell anyone with a smidge of common sense that the jabs do set you free! and is the only way out, the travel thing will always be a problem as not many countries are as advanced in vaccination as us, I can't believe that there is still hesitancy in them, as the same people were saying lockdowns don't work! Something must be working

When people returning to the UK, a country well ahead in the vaccination program who are vaccinated themselves have to "quarentine" they are not 'free', IMO.

When people returning to the UK, a country well ahead in the vaccination program who are vaccinated themselves have to "quarentine" they are not 'free', IMO.
On the other hand they are free to go to other countries without testing nor isolation/quarentine, without vaccinations you must test negative withing 3 days of leaving the UK, get a positive result then no holiday, if you get tested on arival in country and get positive result then quarentine and/or return home at your expense, if vaccinated then that is not a worry. So vaccinated people are free to go with no worries.

Back