Portugal Removed From "Green" Travel List

When people returning to the UK, a country well ahead in the vaccination program who are vaccinated themselves have to "quarentine" they are not 'free', IMO.
That’s because the vaccine is unproven against all variants.

There’s no prejudice against non-vaccinated people in this country at the moment. But I do have piece of mind when I’m out and about.

So you mean as much good as an astray on a motorbie then? lol
how do you work that out, we know it works against the strains we;ve had over here, we do not know how well it will work against other variants yet, no different to the flu jab, until it can be tested on new variant how can anyone know how well it will work

how do you work that out, we know it works against the strains we;ve had over here, we do not know how well it will work against other variants yet, no different to the flu jab, until it can be tested on new variant how can anyone know how well it will work
While I largely agree, the devil is in the detail - what does 'work' mean - any ambiguous terms are a godsend for politicians - a vaccine that gives 80% protection isn't exactly what I expected.

Let's face it if a politician's mate had a job lot of hexagonal wheeled bikes to flog, most of them would swear blind they 'work' well!

Was looking to fly over during the summer break with myself and the kids. Will wait and see what happens on june 21st, rumour is it will be delayed.

It works by decreasing your chances of dying from covid.
That isn't correct by the definition of a vaccine. Don't get me wrong, it is good that it gives some relief, but 'in peace times' I think 80% immunity would not be lauded as 'working'.

What does seem to be working is whatever Italy is doing - great to see them genuinely looking to be getting on top of the virus. I think the difference is how seriously it is taken - here people think it is over (on Saturday in the supermarket I reckon the non-mask wearers were close to the majority for the first time in a year).

While I largely agree, the devil is in the detail - what does 'work' mean - any ambiguous terms are a godsend for politicians - a vaccine that gives 80% protection isn't exactly what I expected.

Let's face it if a politician's mate had a job lot of hexagonal wheeled bikes to flog, most of them would swear blind they 'work' well!
anyone that expects a vaccine to be 100% effective to be honest is deluded, the flue vaccine has to be updated to work with mutations and is not 100% effective but no one bats an eyelid. A vaccine that is 90%+ effective on strain it was developed for is effective, if it then is 80% effective of strains that have mutated since development then that can't be sniffed at.

With Flu there's normally quite a few different ones going around.

They tailor the vaccine to the most common strains.

For anyone that doubts the power of vaccines,

Thanks to the success of vaccination, the last natural outbreak of smallpox in the United States occurred in 1949. In 1980, the World Health Assembly declared smallpox eradicated (eliminated), and no cases of naturally occurring smallpox have happened since.

Smallpox | CDC

Feel free to google measles vaccine like I did. Also vaccine definition.

I stand by my comment.

Flu is a different beast - they have to play guess the strain each year!
I think your dictionary is out of date bud

Feel free to use dictionary.com

I stand by my comment.

I stand by my comment.

Best just get jabbed up! It's the only way forward!

There really is no reason not to have the vaccine imo.

Unless your an anti vaxxer who believes the nonsense that is spewed on social media etc then unfortunately it will be hard to change such people's perception on actual reality.

Best just get jabbed up! It's the only way forward!
There really is no reason not to have the vaccine imo.

Unless your an anti vaxxer who believes the nonsense that is spewed on social media etc then unfortunately it will be hard to change such people's perception on actual reality.
I am getting the vaccine, just saying it is not as effective as I (or some well respected dictionaries) would expect. 48% & 80 some odd vs 93% & 97% for MMR against measles according to the CDC for example.

I officially give up with people using percentages when trying to qualify there beliefs! The usual suspects have been quoting that 1/0 percent of the population are only affected by Covid! or it only kills the over 80s Vaccine is the only route to any freedom for all ages

I officially give up with people using percentages when trying to qualify there beliefs! The usual suspects have been quoting that 1/0 percent of the population are only affected by Covid! or it only kills the over 80s Vaccine is the only route to any freedom for all ages
It's funny how those people can somehow see the microchips in the vaccines but can't see the strain on every health system across the world

where are you getting 48% effective from?
BBC news now saying "It is understood the first dose is just 30% effective against it, while this increases to about 80% following a second dose." That is fir the Indian variant (prevalent in the UK).

Also Gov.Uk says "both vaccines were 33% effective against symptomatic disease from B.1.617.2, 3 weeks after the first dose compared to around 50% effectiveness against the B.1.1.7 variant"!

Last edited:
Back