Prem football buffers

Recently got an iptv subscription to watch series and football. Mainly games that aren’t aired like 3pm kickoffs. I’m using the smatters pro app. The footie game that was on recently was unwatchable due to constant buffering. My iptv service said to try restarting the router which didn’t help. My internet provider is VM and I have web safe settings off. Only just turned off ip flood detection so can’t comment yet as to whether this helps. Did i diagnostics on my hub and results said there were connection issues affecting wireless signal. I’ve not noticed any issues with WiFi. I use kodi too and have no issues streaming with the exception that most things only work with a Real Debrid subscription. I’ve can get limited live tv with kodi and the live football in kodi which when I manage to get a stream that plays doesn’t buffer but can eventually go off and won’t play hence why I paid for iptv.
Although I personally don’t use a vpn I think but not sure that iptv has its own vpn which doesn’t seem to be active in the settings. Yet when I queried this with the iptv provider he said it’s running at the backend.
The issue is that I get buffering on iptv football recently yet no buffering in the past when using other streaming services like kodi.
Sorry if this has been already been posted but any suggestions on the buffering before I consider ditching my iptv provider for another. Could virginmedia be throttling my speed or some other issue?

You've only made two posts, one said that vod and series don't play too good but live TV was fine, now today live TV has gone tits up.
Your provider sounds like a duffer.
Anyone giving m3u out isn't worth bothering with, his server is under constant attack by authorities who want to disrupt it.

Hey mate
I had a 24h trial of an IPTV.
I watched the Everton vs Wolves game at 3pm and there was constant buffering throughout.
Yet the Arsenal vs WestHam game was pretty much fine (apart from 1/2 buffers).
Maybe it was everyone experiencing issues?
I am also on VM 200MB wifi...

There couldve been a number of factors why it was happening 1st part of call would be to have done basic troubleshoot if was still same after that then contact provider

You've only made two posts, one said that vod and series don't play too good but live TV was fine, now today live TV has gone tits up.
Your provider sounds like a duffer.
Anyone giving m3u out isn't worth bothering with, his server is under constant attack by authorities who want to disrupt it.
Sorry for the confusion not had the iptv long and watching live tv programmes is fine but the football games I’ve watched have buffered

There were no issues in general with football yesterday.

Do your trouble shooting restart router clear cache do a speed test. If all OK its likely to be a supplier issue. Iptv doesn't need fast speeds but need to be consistent.

Well it's a supplier issue I think. Did you buy off here. And did you follow TK advice and only buy off vets and vips. Or did you just bug the cheapest and hope for the best.

This is why trials are pretty much useless.

Well it's a supplier issue I think. Did you buy off here. And did you follow TK advice and only buy off vets and vips. Or did you just bug the cheapest and hope for the best.

This is why trials are pretty much useless.
Thanks but it was recommended by my husbands mate. 2 of them use it and say it’s works ok. And excuse me for not understanding the jargon but what is vets and vips?

No issues to someone could be a few buffering that doesn't annoy them, but others would see that as an issue
Try a vpn during games you could be getting throttled by your isp

No issues to someone could be a few buffering that doesn't annoy them, but others would see that as an issue
Try a vpn during games you could be getting throttled by your isp
Quite a bit of that is bollocks buddy. Because if speeds drop below minimum gaurntees they have to pay compensation. If he is on 200 meg vm broadband speed gaurntee would be around 100 meg.

It wouldn't in reality drop much below 200 very often.

Pretty bad then buddy. Only advice I can give you is try another supplier only desperate suppliers give tests during 3 pm football. Quite a few don't give tests at all now.

It buffered about every 10 seconds during the last football match.
Could be your ISP throttling although Mike said most of it is bollox although it's not bollox as it does happen.
Double check your router settings as ISP are known for turning things back on even the IP flooding are you running on ethanet or WiFi what device is been used.
Just because you got it off your mate and there not having issues doesn't mean you won't have issues

Quite a bit of that is bollocks buddy. Because if speeds drop below minimum gaurntees they have to pay compensation. If he is on 200 meg vm broadband speed gaurntee would be around 100 meg.

It wouldn't in reality drop much below 200 very often.
Speeds don't have to drop dramatically for them to throttle also depends how many are on the same network and also the same WiFi channel which can play a part

Speeds don't have to drop dramatically for them to throttle also depends how many are on the same network and also the same WiFi channel which can play a part
Agreed. Although VM not known for great WiFi. If all other channels are OK I would think it best to contact provider.

Back