Premier League Discussion

113 goals in 252 Premier League appearances, not a bad record tbf
Yes he always finds the net eventually, it's just the wait inbetween goals lol. He does well for Belgium as well but was dreadful when he last played in the Premier League.

Yes he always finds the net eventually, it's just the wait inbetween goals lol. He does well for Belgium as well but was dreadful when he last played in the Premier League.

He bulked up too much imo and lost that raw speed and power

He bulked up too much imo and lost that raw speed and power
Yes I read he went on a new diet/fitness regime in Italy that enabled him to lose weight and get some sharpness back. But he could never trap a bag of sand in his life and will be a flop back in England if he returns.

Rafa Benitez to be appointed Everton manager officially next week.
Hopefully can get a few players in and do well next season

Believe he still lives in the area so not far to travel and an ideal job for him I would have thought.
Nice work if you can get it.

tonytaxi sounds a lot like 36 red, aka takethat, aka lucky15, under a new name, joined the forum just after 36 red got banned, em, I wonder, I wonder, hopefully I am wrong on this.

An almost universally unpopular decision among fans if appointed, due to his history across the park and the fact he's done bugger all of note since managing Chelsea. And he plays boring football. But he's probably as big a name as Everton are going to attract at the moment. Usmanov is apparently behind the appointment.

An almost universally unpopular decision among fans if appointed, due to his history across the park and the fact he's done bugger all of note since managing Chelsea. And he plays boring football. But he's probably as big a name as Everton are going to attract at the moment. Usmanov is apparently behind the appointment.
Fair point but other teams have had managers who played for or managed a rival team, it's just a job at the end of the day.
Realistically Everton will live in the shadows of Liverpool forever, maybe snatch a carabao cup one day or get into the europa league or this new european conference league.
There only real joy will be if they can beat Liverpool in the 2 league games, other than that they are just another also ran.

Fair point but other teams have had managers who played for or managed a rival team, it's just a job at the end of the day.
Realistically Everton will live in the shadows of Liverpool forever, maybe snatch a carabao cup one day or get into the europa league or this new european conference league.
There only real joy will be if they can beat Liverpool in the 2 league games, other than that they are just another also ran.

Believe me, nobody knows this better than Everton supporters (apart from the beating Liverpool in the two games, that NEVER happens)

Football rivalries aside, Benitez and his wife do a hell of a lot of charity work which I respect immensely.

Believe me, nobody knows this better than Everton supporters (apart from the beating Liverpool in the two games, that NEVER happens)

Football rivalries aside, Benitez and his wife do a hell of a lot of charity work which I respect immensely.
yes it's always nice to see those with bundles of cash help others in society, if I win the lotto I will be helping a few people out for sure, fingers crossed.

Hard to get across how respected he is on Merseyside by fans of all clubs and people who don't follow football.

A lot of people will have a story about his generosity. The local hospital on wirral is probably the major employer in the area and the man is spoke of in hushed reverential tones there after his stay when he had heart problems. He's just a thoroughly decent man by all accounts

That somewhat mitigates the sense of horror amongst local fans. Liverpool is a small city though and Everton are a huge club with a small time mentality hence the outrage. They are getting ripped by reds also

Test number 1 is what he does with big Dunc, if he gets rid or even demotes him then things could get very lively very quickly

Rafa seems one of the genuine nice good guys not just in football but in life. Very far and few between around.

Even with who he has managed. For a club like Everton in todays game Rafa with such huge experience all acorss the world is really someone they should be welcoming not hating on even if he was across the road at the other club. Not like they will be getting anyone better lets be honest.

Back